Hotel recommendations for a port Canaveral cruise?

cobra614

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Absolutely not. There are some fantastic deals that should be under $200/night. I'm a big fan of Priceline Express Deals. Stick with a 4* star hotel and see what you can get.

Thanks for your feedback Matt.  The $300 was converted to Canadian, but I am finding hotels are in the $225/$275 + tax USD range.  I tried Priceline in the past, and found out the tricks to determine what the hotel actually is.  I do prefer the ability to cancel or change, and unfortunately I won't be able to do that with the express deals or name your price.  I know a lot of people have used and like Priceline though.

Thanks again!

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

My latest strategy for hotel bookings is that I book a refundable rate and watch prices.  When it drops to something lower, I re-price or switch it to a non-refundable.

Good strategy! I would definitely watch the rates and when it comes closer to our cruise date, or there is a difference in price, I would certainly book the non-refundable rate.

Do they notice double bookings? 

No..I do it all the time...I usually have about 2-3 bookings on the go for the same dates...sometimes with the same site.  I have already re-booked hotels 6 times for my Nov cruise and am still watching and looking.

I usually end up saving 25% or more by the time the date arrives. Takes some time, but for some of us we have to do what we have to do to travel like we do.

1 hour ago, raahc said:

Do they notice double bookings? 

Nope.

1 hour ago, monctonguy said:

No..I do it all the time...I usually have about 2-3 bookings on the go for the same dates...sometimes with the same site.  I have already re-booked hotels 6 times for my Nov cruise and am still watching and looking.

I usually end up saving 25% or more by the time the date arrives. Takes some time, but for some of us we have to do what we have to do to travel like we do.

+1  This is exactly what I do.  At the moment, I have several bookings for March 2020 and July 2020.  

1 hour ago, raahc said:

I do prefer the ability to cancel or change, and unfortunately I won't be able to do that with the express deals or name your price.  I know a lot of people have used and like Priceline though.

Fair enough, my wife would agree with you.  Watch hotel prices like a hawk. Lots of sites regularly put hotels on sale.

With Orlando, there is a ton of hotels so lots of choices. I'd watch Booking.com, Expedia and the usual assortment of hotel discounters for deals. 

1 hour ago, monctonguy said:

Fantastic, thanks for the tips.  The cruise and flights are eating up our budget, so we'll definitely have to track prices.  Wow 6 times! I'm in ?

8 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Nope.

+1  This is exactly what I do.  At the moment, I have several bookings for March 2020 and July 2020.  

??? Awesome!

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Fair enough, my wife would agree with you.  Watch hotel prices like a hawk. Lots of sites regularly put hotels on sale.

With Orlando, there is a ton of hotels so lots of choices. I'd watch Booking.com, Expedia and the usual assortment of hotel discounters for deals. 

Thanks again Matt, much appreciated ??

I have two hotels in mind right now, and my hubby likes one near Cocoa Beach.  It would be wise to book a few (refundable) to lock in at least, then watch the rates as you and others have suggested!

On 8/24/2019 at 1:54 PM, raahc said:

If we decide to rent a car for 1 day just to get around, how easy is the drive from Orlando airport to Cape Canaveral and the surrounding area?  We're in Ontario, where driving is beyond stressful, and it's a daily concern just making it safely from point A to point B!  

Orlando isn't bad, especially if you're used to Ontario.  If can be a bit busy getting out of the airport if you're trying to do it during weekday commute hours, but it's otherwise fine.  Once you're on the expressway heading to Cocoa Beach, it's pretty stress free.  DO note, Florida's turnpikes have a number of toll booths.  I think there are 3 between MCO and Cocoa Beach. 

8 hours ago, monctonguy said:

Agreed! I’m a huge huge fan of booking a bunch of refundable hotel options. I currently have like 3 different hotels booked for May in 2 different cities. It’s sailing out of Port Canaveral so I have a Coco Beach option for if we come in a day early, a Coco Beach option for if we come in 2 days early, and an Orlando option if we have a later flight. I just make sure to put all the cancellation deadlines in my calendar so I don’t get screwed by forgetting about a reservation. 

23 hours ago, mk-ultra said:

Orlando isn't bad, especially if you're used to Ontario.  If can be a bit busy getting out of the airport if you're trying to do it during weekday commute hours, but it's otherwise fine.  Once you're on the expressway heading to Cocoa Beach, it's pretty stress free.  DO note, Florida's turnpikes have a number of toll booths.  I think there are 3 between MCO and Cocoa Beach. 

We'll be flying in on a weekend!  Thanks for the info!

23 hours ago, spiralqueen said:

Agreed! I’m a huge huge fan of booking a bunch of refundable hotel options. I currently have like 3 different hotels booked for May in 2 different cities. It’s sailing out of Port Canaveral so I have a Coco Beach option for if we come in a day early, a Coco Beach option for if we come in 2 days early, and an Orlando option if we have a later flight. I just make sure to put all the cancellation deadlines in my calendar so I don’t get screwed by forgetting about a reservation. 

Looks like you have all your bases covered!  I have several hotels in mind, so I'm going to do the same thing!  I wrote them all in my excel planner with reminders on my phone too! 

Great idea!   Thanks!

Hi all.

I am also on Harmony next summer flying into Orlando and looking for a pre-cruise stay. The info here on hotels at the airport or at Coco beach are useful. 

Has anyone experience of going into Orlando and staying there and then transferring to Port Canaveral from there? Some time nearer the parks looks an option.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Darrell said:

Hi all.

I am also on Harmony next summer flying into Orlando and looking for a pre-cruise stay. The info here on hotels at the airport or at Coco beach are useful. 

Has anyone experience of going into Orlando and staying there and then transferring to Port Canaveral from there? Some time nearer the parks looks an option.

Thanks.

Yes. All 3 cruises out of PC we have stayed in Orlando and gone to PC the day of boarding.