Hotel recommendations for a port Canaveral cruise?

cobra614

We just got off the Harmony last week. We did the goport.com package and it worked out wonderfully. You can pick from quite a few different hotel choices when booking. As long as you don't mind riding on a bus with other people I would highly recommend this company. The ride back to the airport went smoothly as well. The cruise we did the prior year on Oasis we used Cortrans because we flew in the morning of the cruise, but I believe they have some shuttle options from hotels as well. I would use either of these companies again.

17 minutes ago, cobra614 said:

We have a Harmony cruise booked for next may.  Will probably be flying into Orlando. 

Any suggestions?

I stayed in Cocoa Beach at the Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront property.  I scheduled an extra day in Cocoa pre-cruise to buffer my trip and to just check things out like Kennedy Space Center.  Rented a car one way from MCO to Cocoa and dropped it off at the local Hertz counter.  They have a free shuttle to the port.

The Hilton was nice.  Right on the beach with a fun outdoor bar that has live music nightly.  It's a short (under 15 minute) drive from there to the car drop off in Cape Canaveral.

When we cruise out of Port Canaveral and arrive a day ahead we do the following:

1.  Rental a car at the airport from Hertz for a one-way rental to be turned in at Cape Canaveral.  There is no one-way surcharge for a one-way car rental.  

2.  Stay at the Residence Inn 8959 Astronaut Blvd, CC  321-323-1100.  The cost was $195 plus tax

The reason to rent with Hertz is b/c the Hertz car rental office shares a parking lot with the Residence Inn.  You are able to use your rental car all day to do whatever you want to do - go sight seeing - visit Kennedy Space Center - eat lunch, dinner whatever you want.  Then you can return the car after hours, leave the keys in their late night drop box and walk a few steps over to the Residence Inn for the night.

The Residence Inn has a shuttle to the port the next day.

We have cruised out of Port Canaveral 3 times (not with Royal though).  Each time we have stayed at the Hyatt Regency inside of Orlando airport.  I could go on and on about how much I love the convenience of that hotel.  Not only is it in good condition (and they recently remodeled it so it looks even better now) but it is so wonderful to get off the plane, pick up your bags, and then head up the elevator to your room.  No cab or ride share needed.  I've always looked at Cocoa Beach and then decided against it because many of the properties there seem a bit more run down.  And you would still need to go around and get dinner/maybe breakfast.

To add to the convenience, the restaurant there, McCoy's, is really good for a hotel restaurant.  Prices are fair and the food quality is superb.  It's not fancy in that you have to dress up after a plane ride to go there but it is not a grease pit either, like some hotel restaurants can be.  The food is fresh and flavourful.  If that is not to your liking, then there are tons of fast food options plus Starbucks in the terminal below.  None of it requiring you to leave at all. 

In the morning, simply grab your luggage and head down to baggage claim.  From there you can rent a car, grab a cab/ride share, catch a shuttle to the port. 

We'll be booking here again for our cruise on Harmony in 2020.  I have also been in contact with Cortran's (they have almost perfect reviews on Trip Advisor) and they will actually pick up at the hotel, so we don't even need to head down to baggage claim this time.

I do have a negative recommendation.  I just cruised out of Canaveral and we stayed at Radisson at the Port.  The room was fine, but we were on the second floor and there was only one elevator servicing several buildings.  In addition, the breezeways are open air (and rain, etc) which made for a very long walk rolling luggage over uneven surfaces.  It was very hot.  Also, we rented a car at the airport that we returned the next morning and took the rental car shuttle.  Quick and easy.  There was a huge, less than organized crowd in the hotel lobby as were checking out waiting for the shuttle.  We were very glad not to be in that mess.

We found a fabulous Italian place a few miles down the road.  It was slightly farther down from and on the other side of the road from Ron's Surf Shop. It was called Brano's Italian grill.  Really great food and huge servings!

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

When we cruise out of Port Canaveral and arrive a day ahead we do the following:

1.  Rental a car at the airport from Hertz for a one-way rental to be turned in at Cape Canaveral.  There is no one-way surcharge for a one-way car rental.  

2.  Stay at the Residence Inn 8959 Astronaut Blvd, CC  321-323-1100.  The cost was $195 plus tax

The reason to rent with Hertz is b/c the Hertz car rental office shares a parking lot with the Residence Inn.  You are able to use your rental car all day to do whatever you want to do - go sight seeing - visit Kennedy Space Center - eat lunch, dinner whatever you want.  Then you can return the car after hours, leave the keys in their late night drop box and walk a few steps over to the Residence Inn for the night.

Have not done this yet, put this is my plan for my Harmony cruise in October, followed @WAAAYTOOO directions and have everything booked.

We always drive to the port so we get the park and ride package at the Hampton Inn.  Leave our car at the hotel the whole week and they have a shuttle to the ship and pick us up at the port for a ride back to the hotel.  Call the Hampton Inn and see if you can work a deal for a one way trip.  You would still have to find something for your port to airport transportation.  Good Luck

5 hours ago, Meloncollie01 said:

We just got off the Harmony last week. We did the goport.com package and it worked out wonderfully. You can pick from quite a few different hotel choices when booking. As long as you don't mind riding on a bus with other people I would highly recommend this company. The ride back to the airport went smoothly as well. The cruise we did the prior year on Oasis we used Cortrans because we flew in the morning of the cruise, but I believe they have some shuttle options from hotels as well. I would use either of these companies again.

A ride to and from the port would be tempting,  since it would be almost an hour each way from MCO, Thanks!

5 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

This is very tempting as well, thanks for the recommendation.  How did you get back to MCO, and how much?

4 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We have cruised out of Port Canaveral 3 times (not with Royal though).  Each time we have stayed at the Hyatt Regency inside of Orlando airport.  I could go on and on about how much I love the convenience of that hotel.  Not only is it in good condition (and they recently remodeled it so it looks even better now) but it is so wonderful to get off the plane, pick up your bags, and then head up the elevator to your room.  No cab or ride share needed.  I've always looked at Cocoa Beach and then decided against it because many of the properties there seem a bit more run down.  And you would still need to go around and get dinner/maybe breakfast.

To add to the convenience, the restaurant there, McCoy's, is really good for a hotel restaurant.  Prices are fair and the food quality is superb.  It's not fancy in that you have to dress up after a plane ride to go there but it is not a grease pit either, like some hotel restaurants can be.  The food is fresh and flavourful.  If that is not to your liking, then there are tons of fast food options plus Starbucks in the terminal below.  None of it requiring you to leave at all. 

In the morning, simply grab your luggage and head down to baggage claim.  From there you can rent a car, grab a cab/ride share, catch a shuttle to the port. 

We'll be booking here again for our cruise on Harmony in 2020.  I have also been in contact with Cortran's (they have almost perfect reviews on Trip Advisor) and they will actually pick up at the hotel, so we don't even need to head down to baggage claim this time.

This tip is also on my radar, thank you very much. Did the ride service you mentioned also bring you back from the port?

We used Smart two to return to MCO.   It was economical but miserable.   I had half a seat while driver had the front passenger seat blocked and seat companion (a stranger) showed me more than one cat video.  I wish I was kidding.   And my friend and I were the only ones to tip the driver, even after the bad ride.  To be fair, my friend did actually have a whole seat.   The back seat had a 60/40 split-a no win situation when the person on the 60 side took up over half.

Next time I would be would pay more to avoid that.   We paid $50 for 2.  Uber would have been around $20 more.  Well worth it.  

54 minutes ago, cobra614 said:

This tip is also on my radar, thank you very much. Did the ride service you mentioned also bring you back from the port?

Yes.  Cortran's does round trip for $40pp and one way for $20.

Email them.  They are very responsive.  I had already read so many great reviews prior to emailing them.  A few weeks ago, I decided to inquire about a shuttle for my family (14 of us) for Harmony next year.  What I wanted to find out from them was how long the wait would be to fill the shuttles or for them to go around and pick people up.  Jamie, the owner, responds to all the emails.  He not only offered to pick us up at the valet area at the Hyatt Regency but we would get a private shuttle because their smallest shuttle actually holds 14 at no additional cost.  After hearing this, I read more reviews about them and even without the private shuttle, many people have said that there is almost no waiting with them and they are very efficient.  As long as you have a phone to call them, they will work with you if something comes up and you are delayed.  I read Trip Advisor and reviews off their FB page.

7 hours ago, cobra614 said:

We have a Harmony cruise booked for next may.  Will probably be flying into Orlando. 

Any suggestions?

I would recommend that you decide what you want -- a nice hotel, Hilton or Marriott quality, or a location by the beach, shops, and restaurants.  Yes, Cocoa Beach hotels are a little dated, but the convenience of checking out the beach and pier may offset that.   If you expect to be tired and want a really nice hotel, all of the previous suggestions are spot-on.  We have also tried the Radisson, but found the shuttle process a mess, as previously described.  The rooms were large enough, but the logistics are a minus, as described.  I would like to try the Hampton, as mentioned above, but they were booked solid on our last trip.

15 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

I would recommend that you decide what you want -- a nice hotel, Hilton or Marriott quality, or a location by the beach, shops, and restaurants.  Yes, Cocoa Beach hotels are a little dated, but the convenience of checking out the beach and pier may offset that.   If you expect to be tired and want a really nice hotel, all of the previous suggestions are spot-on.  We have also tried the Radisson, but found the shuttle process a mess, as previously described.  The rooms were large enough, but the logistics are a minus, as described.  I would like to try the Hampton, as mentioned above, but they were booked solid on our last trip.

To be fair what my first concern would be convenience.  Plus a nice stay pre cruise.  Whether it is staying close to port, or airport.  Transfers is a plus. Pre cruise and post cruise.

Been there, done that with Orlando, (wife's family lived there, same with coco beach),. Just want it to be smooth.

41 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yes.  Cortran's does round trip for $40pp and one way for $20.

Email them.  They are very responsive.  I had already read so many great reviews prior to emailing them.  A few weeks ago, I decided to inquire about a shuttle for my family (14 of us) for Harmony next year.  What I wanted to find out from them was how long the wait would be to fill the shuttles or for them to go around and pick people up.  Jamie, the owner, responds to all the emails.  He not only offered to pick us up at the valet area at the Hyatt Regency but we would get a private shuttle because their smallest shuttle actually holds 14 at no additional cost.  After hearing this, I read more reviews about them and even without the private shuttle, many people have said that there is almost no waiting with them and they are very efficient.  As long as you have a phone to call them, they will work with you if something comes up and you are delayed.  I read Trip Advisor and reviews off their FB page.

Just wondered, did you have a great time on our shared cruise on Symphony a few weeks ago?

I was overwhelmed since it was our first cruise,  didn't even take enough pics, lol.

One more tip:   If you get to canaveral early enough, there is a great view of ships sailing away from the top deck of Fishlips, a bar at the port.  We got there around 4 and saw Carnival Breeze and Disney Fantasy sail past.   On the second deck, we were level with the top decks of the passing ships.  

7 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Thanks for the info! I just signed up for Hyatt to take a look at the rates.  I'm with CAA.  We were looking at Cocoa Beach, as I thought it would be nice to take a walk on the beach and the surrounding area (never been there), but I'm interested in this hotel as well ?

1/  Do you know what the differences are between the Hyatt Place and Hyatt Regency, other than the Regency is right at the airport?  I'm getting $207 USD per night for Hyatt Regency (with my CAA membership)

2/  Can you hear any noise from the planes since it's right at the airport?

3/  What is there to do in the area, without a car?

TIA (thanks in advance)

Lived in Orlando for 10 years and the airport clams down around 10 p.m. Like most of them. Have stayed at the Regency on  occasion. Rooms are very quiet.  Moving to Lakeland, Fl.  this fall and will use airport hotels when ever necessary for travel. They are well built, quiet,  and convenient. Been to Port Canaveral on several occasions and we do what others have said in this post.

12 hours ago, raahc said:

1/  Do you know what the differences are between the Hyatt Place and Hyatt Regency, other than the Regency is right at the airport?  I'm getting $207 USD per night for Hyatt Regency (with my CAA membership)

From my understanding, Hyatt Place is more on par with the Hilton Holiday Inn Express or Embassy Suites line.  Meaning they usually have complimentary breakfast, no real restaurant on the property (maybe just a snack area), large rooms suited for groups of 4-6 people (usually with a sofa bed).

The Hyatt Regency line is more like the actual Hilton hotels.  At least one decent restaurant on site that offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  Also perhaps slightly nicer rooms in the sense of decor.  In addition, most rooms are either King, 2 Doubles or Queen, or Suites.  

With Orlando specifically, we choose the Hyatt Regency inside of MCO purely for convenience.  Their fantastic onsite restaurant that we discovered was a bonus.  The other Hyatt properties nearby are not on site at the airport.  While I am sure they are fine, the only thing with those is that you would have to get transportation to go anywhere.

And I feel that $207 USD is a good price for that property.  The times that we have stayed there, we paid between $250-$325 USD each time.

2/  Can you hear any noise from the planes since it's right at the airport?

We have had both the runway and non-runway rooms there and both are surprisingly quiet.

3/  What is there to do in the area, without a car?

Perhaps some local to Orlando could chime in here but as far as I know, not much.  That hotel is right inside the airport so you would have to leave airport property to do anything.

We're pretty simple people so we don't need too much to entertain us pre-cruise.  The times that we have cruised out of Port Canaveral, we typically arrive by plane around 3:30pm.  By the time we de-plane, get our luggage, and get settled in our room, it's about 5pm and we're all starving.  We usually head to McCoy's for a nice relaxing dinner.  After that, we wander back into the terminal and there's a lot of Disney stores there.  Kids and Hubby love to look around and shop for a bit.  By the time that is done, we are usually quite tired from the day of travel.  Before we head back to the room, we grab some water, fruit, and snacks for breakfast the next morning and head back to the room to call it a night.  All of this without having to worry about catching a cab/ride share.  That's why we love the convenience of it.

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

And I feel that $207 USD is a good price for that property.  The times that we have stayed there, we paid between $250-$325 USD each time.

We have had both the runway and non-runway rooms there and both are surprisingly quiet.

Perhaps some local to Orlando could chime in here but as far as I know, not much.  That hotel is right inside the airport so you would have to leave airport property to do anything.

I have also been in contact with Cortran's (they have almost perfect reviews on Trip Advisor) and they will actually pick up at the hotel, so we don't even need to head down to baggage claim this time.

Before we head back to the room, we grab some water, fruit, and snacks for breakfast the next morning and head back to the room to call it a night.  

Thanks for the detailed explanation!  We were going to stay 2 nights pre-cruise but with the US exchange rate, we may only stay 1 night ?

I'm glad to hear $207 USD (about $235 USD with taxes) is a good rate, converted to $312 Canadian/night.  Prices have sure gone up over the years! 

1/ Is $300 + an average price for hotels in Orlando (the good, clean ones)!

2/ Where did you purchase the water, fruit and snacks?  

3/ When you mentioned you don't need to go down to baggage claim, did you mean that is where you would go if you needed a rental car or shuttle, but not necessary since Cortran's will pick you up at the hotel entrance?

We would need to get to a Walmart or Publix and there isn't one close by (I looked on Google Maps), but this hotel does sound very nice and convenient!  I was thinking if Cortran's charges $20/pp for one way shuttle to Port Canaveral, we might rent a car for 1 day to get around, then return it to Port Canaveral.  We can forgo some attractions since it's only 1 night, but this way we can at least get to some shopping areas.  Or, take a taxi to get around.

30 minutes ago, raahc said:

That I cannot answer because I have only stayed at the Hyatt Regency and Disney Resort properties (Don't get me started on prices for those!).  Maybe @Matt can shed some light here.

31 minutes ago, raahc said:

2/ Where did you purchase the water, fruit and snacks?

Starbucks in the terminal or other news stand type stores in the terminal.

32 minutes ago, raahc said:

3/ How much did it cost to get to Port Canaveral via Cortrans? 

Cortran's charges $20pp/one way or $40pp/round trip.  This works out better for our large group next year.  If it was just our usual crew of Hubby and girls, I might consider Uber/Lyft.  The 3 times that we cruised DCL out of PC, it was $70pp/round trip.  I imagine Royal would be roughly around the same cost if you purchased cruise transfer through them.

34 minutes ago, raahc said:

4/ When you mentioned you don't need to go down to baggage claim, did you mean that is where you would go if you needed a rental car or shuttle, so are their shuttles as well? 

Yes.  Normally you would just take the elevator back down to baggage claim to catch any of the shuttles (Cortran's, cruise line shuttles, etc.), rental cars, or cab/ride share.  Although I suppose that you could get ride share from the valet area as well. 

For next year, because we have a group of 14, and their smallest shuttle holds 14, Cortran's offered to pick us up right at the valet area of the Hyatt instead.  After he offered this, I did some more research and apparently, Cortran's regularly does hotel pick ups even with smaller groups.  The only difference is that they would pick up from several hotels to fill the shuttle and that would take up some more time.  With us, because we can already fill one shuttle, they will pick us up directly and take us to the port.

On 8/23/2019 at 1:11 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Jumping on this post again ?

If we decide to rent a car for 1 day just to get around, how easy is the drive from Orlando airport to Cape Canaveral and the surrounding area?  We're in Ontario, where driving is beyond stressful, and it's a daily concern just making it safely from point A to point B!  

20 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

You nailed it!  I think we're going to have to roll the dice.  I love the hotel that @Lovetocruise2002 recommended below, but hubby would like to stay in Cocoa beach (Hampton Cocoa Beach), take a stroll on the beach, walk around (or drive) to pick up some items, eat out, etc.  Decisions, decisions ?

4 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

That I cannot answer because I have only stayed at the Hyatt Regency and Disney Resort properties (Don't get me started on prices for those!).  Maybe @Matt can shed some light here.

Starbucks in the terminal or other news stand type stores in the terminal.

Cortran's charges $20pp/one way or $40pp/round trip.  This works out better for our large group next year.  If it was just our usual crew of Hubby and girls, I might consider Uber/Lyft.  The 3 times that we cruised DCL out of PC, it was $70pp/round trip.  I imagine Royal would be roughly around the same cost if you purchased cruise transfer through them.

Yes.  Normally you would just take the elevator back down to baggage claim to catch any of the shuttles (Cortran's, cruise line shuttles, etc.), rental cars, or cab/ride share.  Although I suppose that you could get ride share from the valet area as well. 

For next year, because we have a group of 14, and their smallest shuttle holds 14, Cortran's offered to pick us up right at the valet area of the Hyatt instead.  After he offered this, I did some more research and apparently, Cortran's regularly does hotel pick ups even with smaller groups.  The only difference is that they would pick up from several hotels to fill the shuttle and that would take up some more time.  With us, because we can already fill one shuttle, they will pick us up directly and take us to the port.

Thanks again!  You've been very helpful ??

I think most shuttles (for only 2 people) would make multiple stops, thank you for pointing that out.  I remember our last cruise, we had a free shuttle to the cruise port, but it was full from everyone at our hotel, so there were no stops.

You have a group of 14!  Wow!  Are you doing all the planning?

44 minutes ago, raahc said:

Thanks again!  You've been very helpful ??

I think most shuttles (for only 2 people) would make multiple stops, thank you for pointing that out.  I remember our last cruise, we had a free shuttle to the cruise port, but it was full from everyone at our hotel, so there were no stops.

You have a group of 14!  Wow!  Are you doing all the planning?

Ultimately, you have to decide and weigh out what is best for the entire family.  For us, we usually fly in the day before a cruise so we are looking for what is most convenient.  We've rented a car to drive around Orlando and the surrounding area before.  Not pre-cruise but when we do Disney for a week.  Hubby does not find it stressful at all.  Driving in the GTA is much worse.

In 2017 all 14 of us did DCL.  All the kids are a bit older now so it's Royal.  I am the mastermind and the planner.  The rest will just follow lol.  They don't even know how to access the cruise planner.  I will eventually have the help of a Genie though for that sailing ?

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Ultimately, you have to decide and weigh out what is best for the entire family.  For us, we usually fly in the day before a cruise so we are looking for what is most convenient.  We've rented a car to drive around Orlando and the surrounding area before.  Not pre-cruise but when we do Disney for a week.  Hubby does not find it stressful at all.  Driving in the GTA is much worse.

In 2017 all 14 of us did DCL.  All the kids are a bit older now so it's Royal.  I am the mastermind and the planner.  The rest will just follow lol.  They don't even know how to access the cruise planner.  I will eventually have the help of a Genie though for that sailing ?

That's reassuring to know the driving is easy!  I hope to convince hubby!  Thank you.

OMG, you must be a super planner by now.  That is A LOT of work!  Hyatt must love you ... lol

48 minutes ago, Fairlynew said:

Drive was very easy!!  There is a place in the baggage claim area (and probably through the rental agency as well), where you can get a temporary toll pass.  We did not do this and had to pay the tolls in the lanes, but even that was really easy!  Straight interstate/toll road.  

Thank you also for the reassurance.  It's always stressful to visit somewhere new and not know what the driving conditions are! I read up on the visitor toll pass.  It runs until August 1, 2019.  If we do rent a car, we'll just pay for the tolls with cash.  

On 8/24/2019 at 12:39 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:
On 8/24/2019 at 12:00 PM, raahc said:

That figure gives me heart palpitations.  I think that is an obscene amount for a night in Orlando.  You can get a safe, clean hotel in Orlando for $150USD all-in if you know what you are looking for.  Having a car means you aren't going to be paying more for convenience and location.

39 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

That figure gives me heart palpitations.  I think that is an obscene amount for a night in Orlando.  You can get a safe, clean hotel in Orlando for $150USD all-in if you know what you are looking for.  Having a car means you aren't going to be paying more for convenience and location.

Couldn’t agree more! We have stayed at both of these places and would HIGHLY recommend them.  Rooms are good sized and the service was absolutely amazing! And it’s a 4 star hotel! 

62255B05-9718-4625-B484-BC307D17C0CB.jpeg

43 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Lol!  In that case, you don’t want to know what I consider a “good price” for the Intercontinental in Miami then ?

...or the dreaded but beautiful Disney Polynesian ??‍♀️

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Lol!  In that case, you don’t want to know what I consider a “good price” for the Intercontinental in Miami then ?

Ok after seeing the price of the Disney Polynesian I’m just going to sit over here in the corner and shut my mouth!!! One day when I retire!!? Absolutely AMAZING property! 

4 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

About 9 yrs ago, we stayed at Homewood Suites in Plantation for $169 and I thought it was pricey then ... lol

The $300/night is converted to Canadian dollars, even worse for us with the exchange rate ?  I am finding the ones near Port Canaveral or Cocoa Beach in the 4-5* range pricey, and yes, I'm getting insomnia ? My husband likes Cocoa Beach, so I'm going to keep searching!

3 hours ago, bhageerah said:

Couldn’t agree more! We have stayed at both of these places and would HIGHLY recommend them.  Rooms are good sized and the service was absolutely amazing! And it’s a 4 star hotel! 

62255B05-9718-4625-B484-BC307D17C0CB.jpeg

Thank you, they both look like amazing hotels with good ratings and reviews, but I think both are almost 1 hour from Port Canaveral and we'd prefer to stay closer.

I did check the rate for Rosen Centre and they don't have availability for Feb 8th.  The Rosen Plaza's lowest rate is $233/USD.

Thanks again for the attachment.

15 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Now I'm curious! 

Intercontinental - $372.40 USD = $484.00 CAN
Disney Polynesian $559.00 USD (basic room) = $727.00 CAN

The $300 CAN is looking better every minute ?

12 minutes ago, raahc said:

The $300 CAN is looking better every minute ?

I know right?! lol

To be brutally honest, I am not a good person to tell you if hotel pricing is fair.  I am a total hotel snob and very few hotels make my list of potential properties to stay at.  I am 100% guilty of factoring convenience and amenities above most other things.

But because I have stayed at the Hyatt Regency at MCO 3 times in recent years, I know the prices I paid, and I can tell you that mid-$250 USD is on the low end of what I've paid for that property.

15 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

...or the dreaded but beautiful Disney Polynesian

I expect Miami to have somewhat of a premium.  But again if you aren't tied to location you can get a reasonable, clean hotel in the area.  You won't have a view of the port or the option to pay $35 for valet parking, but there are other options out there!

And I weep for the Disney fanatics.  I've seen the price of the value resorts..and you also get to pay for parking now too!  I understand the Disney magic aspect, but I grew up in Orlando so I'm jaded and Disney magic now for me to getting as much as I can out of Disney for as little out of pocket to the Mouse as I can! ?

2 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I know right?! lol

To be brutally honest, I am not a good person to tell you if hotel pricing is fair.  I am a total hotel snob and very few hotels make my list of potential properties to stay at.  I am 100% guilty of factoring convenience and amenities above most other things.

No worries at all.  I think the price is higher due to the exchange rate and Feb seems to be a popular month. 

Everyone's tastes, expectations and budget are different as well ?

We haven't traveled for a very long time, so everything is going to look pricey ?

There are thousand's of hotels in Orlando area....it depends on everything from budget to location to amenities etc that you want/need.

For $300..I would have my hotel, shuttles there and back as well as a dinner and drinks out.......I have never yet paid in my life $300 for a night anywhere. But its all relative.

To recommend a realistic and  viable hotel option,  we would need more information.....ppl will recommend hotels from $50 to $500......