Good news if you have been dreaming of west coast cruises

Matt

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Two things come to mind as possibilities.

1. She needs shore power capability and maybe she needs a haircut.
  2. At age 20 she loses the exemption to dry dock every 5 years.  Once 20 years old it's twice every five years.  She launched in 2002 so 2022 is 20 years.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

This is the first I've heard of this. Guess I've learned something new today

It’s classified bot knowledge. ?

I am so so excited for Navigator coming out to the west coast out of LA! Funny story to share. Back in 2019 my family and I wanted to go to the Mexican Riviera, but I knew Royal didn't sail here...bummed out, I looked at my other options. Norwegian Star..nah, smaller ship... oh how about Princess? Never been on Princess so...booked on the Royal Princess. Had a great time, mostly because it had the word "Royal" in it ?

Booking Navigator on Monday March 29th out of LA in Summer 2022!! Wooooooooohoooooo!

57 minutes ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

I can’t even see bookings yet for some reason. When I filter by departure port of LA the only thing that comes up are a couple Radiance repositionals

I filtered by ship. I can still see them but these are definitely just the test load as there are only two dates showing, a 4-night in June and a 3-night in July. They will probably disappear soon, as has been the pattern with the test loads.

Patiently waiting for the Navigator sailings from LA to appear.  I keep checking but haven't seen any as of this morning.  Hoping to find something for early November 2022!  Royal states the new sailings will be available during this week.  Anyone able to find this information yet?

13 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Patiently waiting for the Navigator sailings from LA to appear.  I keep checking but haven't seen any as of this morning.  Hoping to find something for early November 2022!  Royal states the new sailings will be available during this week.  Anyone able to find this information yet?

Go to this thread and subscribe or follow:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/22547-i-spy-with-my-little-eyenavigator-from-la-edition/

Hopefully once she opens for booking someone will post in that thread. 

I work tonight from 6pm-6am (hopefully that's all, anyway - this morning my relief called in all Covidy-positive and it's kinda hard to find someone to fill in at 5am so I was stuck there until 8am - apparently most people, I don't know, SLEEP at night? I don't get it), and I'll be refreshing the page frequently looking for those new sailings!

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Navigator from LA is open for booking!

Good one Pwangster! 

I probably would have fell for this but my 4 year old already pulled an April Fools on me by telling me she is pregnant. She is twelve years early to the day for this trick. 

When Mariner made the voyage around Cape Horn in 2009 it lasted 46 nights.  It looked like this:

• Port Canaveral to Rio de Janeiro - 15 nights
  • Rio de Janeiro to Valparaiso (around the Horn) - 15 nights
  • Valparaiso to Los Angeles - 16 nights

What would it look like if Navigator repeated Mariner's 2009 voyage around the Horn?  

Navigator has a 3 night sailing from Miami on April 22, 2022.  Her last Miami turn around day is April 25, 2022.

• April 25, 2022 to May 10, 2022 - Miami to Rio de Janeiro
  • May 10, 2022 to May 25, 2022 - Rio de Janeiro to Valparaiso
  • May 25, 2022 to June 10, 2022 - Valparaiso to Los Angeles

That's 46 nights and it fits quite handily into her schedule.  Coincidence?   

1 hour ago, twangster said:

When Mariner made the voyage around Cape Horn in 2009 it lasted 46 nights.  It looked like this:

• Port Canaveral to Rio de Janeiro - 15 nights
  • Rio de Janeiro to Valparaiso (around the Horn) - 15 nights
  • Valparaiso to Los Angeles - 16 nights

What would it look like if Navigator repeated Mariner's 2009 voyage around the Horn?  

Navigator has a 3 night sailing from Miami on April 22, 2022.  Her last Miami turn around day is April 25, 2022.

• April 25, 2022 to May 10, 2022 - Miami to Rio de Janeiro
  • May 10, 2022 to May 25, 2022 - Rio de Janeiro to Valparaiso
  • May 25, 2022 to June 10, 2022 - Valparaiso to Los Angeles

That's 46 nights and it fits quite handily into her schedule.  Coincidence?   

Didn't they expand the Panama Canal recently so that Navigator and ships of that class could fit?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...