Buying escape room as a cruise gift?

Irieman

Calling all experts! I am aware of purchasing gifts for others on their cruises but what is the best way to gift experiences such as the escape room or a ship tour. 

Specifically, my sister and husband are sailing their first cruise on Mariner in a few weeks. . Their children want to buy and surprise them with an escape room experience. What can I offer them as advice?

Thanks in advance!

You could probably call Royal and book/pay for the escape room. The only problem is it will most likely show up on their cruise calendar online. So it may not be a 'surprise'. But, there are only so many times available plus depending on their itinerary, it might be tough to schedule it, unless you know for sure what they already have planned for each day. 

But, I will say that I did the escape room on mariner a couple months ago. It was a lot of fun... but a fairly difficult room for sure.   

3 hours ago, vanelli56 said:

You could probably call Royal and book/pay for the escape room. The only problem is it will most likely show up on their cruise calendar online. So it may not be a 'surprise'. But, there are only so many times available plus depending on their itinerary, it might be tough to schedule it, unless you know for sure what they already have planned for each day.

For this to work, you would need their reservation number.