Nassau Bahamas Excursions

WaterBaby

Stay on the boat. ?

Just kidding.... sort of. If you have never been to Nassau... by all means go and explore and enjoy. Either excursion will be fun. 

But, if you are on a cruise to the Bahamas that stops in Nassau, I am assuming you are stopping at Coco Cay? You would have a MUCH nicer beach day there. This would free up your stop in Nassau for you to maybe do a walking tour close to the pier, or just stay on the boat and enjoy the ship with very few people on board. 

Cheers

My vote is to stay on the ship in Nassau. If you must get off, check out resort day pass for the British Colonial Hilton. The hotel is a short walk from the pier and it’s a pleasant beach day. I can’t speak for the two you mentioned but I believe you need to be brave enough to hop in a cab and trust one of those maniac drivers with your life (not for us). Good luck & enjoy.

We did Blue Lagoon,  but like @vanelli56 stated if you are going to Coco Cay too, than you will find that the Blue Lagoon is more of a let down.  We did Blue Lagoon through RCL, swimming with the dolphins.  It would be the only reason I would pay the price for that excursion.

We have done Nassau a couple of times.  The last time there we did John Waitlings Rum tour on our own and than stopped at Graycliffs Chocolate for their tour.  We took a taxi to Waitlings since it is @ 20 minute walk up hill.  The taxi for 5 of us cost 20 bucks, the Waitlings tour was free, can't recall the cost for Graycliffs.

Waitlings tour maybe 20 mins., but it is interesting.  It ends up in their tasting room.  We bought a flight of rum and they are extremely generous in their pours.  If you drank all of the rums you would fail a sobriety test.   There are also great photo ops, especially with the roosters walking around.

Personally for me I would not do the Graycliffs tour.  The chocolate is good, but the tour is....eh at best.  We lived in England and did the Cadbury tour.  Graycliffs factory is no bigger than my home.  I would buy their chocolate as a gift to take back home.  

On our walk back to the ship we stopped at little shops (nothing purchased, all impo were traps).  We stopped at the straw market bc I wanted to buy our granddaughter a little straw purse as a souvenir for her.

All in all it was about 3-4 hrs (leisurely walking).  We came onboard @2.  It was really great on the ship bc the pools and slides were empty.  I don't know which ship you are sailing on, but we were on Adventure and they have water slides. 

OBTW I would also check on how many ships will be in port that day.  Can't recall the website, someone here will be able to tell you the exact name.  You put in the port date and they will tell you how many ships will dock that day.  This is important bc many cruise lines offer Blue Lagoon and Pearl Island.  Hence, if there are 4 ships docked that day you can find it crowded.  When we did Blue Lagoon, it was our RCL ship, Disney and Carnival in port the same day.

1 hour ago, Pima1988 said:

We did Blue Lagoon,  but like @vanelli56 stated if you are going to Coco Cay too, than you will find that the Blue Lagoon is more of a let down.  We did Blue Lagoon through RCL, swimming with the dolphins.  It would be the only reason I would pay the price for that excursion.

We have done Nassau a couple of times.  The last time there we did John Waitlings Rum tour on our own and than stopped at Graycliffs Chocolate for their tour.  We took a taxi to Waitlings since it is @ 20 minute walk up hill.  The taxi for 5 of us cost 20 bucks, the Waitlings tour was free, can't recall the cost for Graycliffs.

Waitlings tour maybe 20 mins., but it is interesting.  It ends up in their tasting room.  We bought a flight of rum and they are extremely generous in their pours.  If you drank all of the rums you would fail a sobriety test.   There are also great photo ops, especially with the roosters walking around.

Personally for me I would not do the Graycliffs tour.  The chocolate is good, but the tour is....eh at best.  We lived in England and did the Cadbury tour.  Graycliffs factory is no bigger than my home.  I would buy their chocolate as a gift to take back home.  

On our walk back to the ship we stopped at little shops (nothing purchased, all impo were traps).  We stopped at the straw market bc I wanted to buy our granddaughter a little straw purse as a souvenir for her.

All in all it was about 3-4 hrs (leisurely walking).  We came onboard @2.  It was really great on the ship bc the pools and slides were empty.  I don't know which ship you are sailing on, but we were on Adventure and they have water slides. 

OBTW I would also check on how many ships will be in port that day.  Can't recall the website, someone here will be able to tell you the exact name.  You put in the port date and they will tell you how many ships will dock that day.  This is important bc many cruise lines offer Blue Lagoon and Pearl Island.  Hence, if there are 4 ships docked that day you can find it crowded.  When we did Blue Lagoon, it was our RCL ship, Disney and Carnival in port the same day.

http://ships.cruisett.com/ is the site to check what ships are in port each day. 

On 8/23/2019 at 6:28 AM, vanelli56 said:

Stay on the boat. ?

Just kidding.... sort of. If you have never been to Nassau... by all means go and explore and enjoy. Either excursion will be fun. 

But, if you are on a cruise to the Bahamas that stops in Nassau, I am assuming you are stopping at Coco Cay? You would have a MUCH nicer beach day there. This would free up your stop in Nassau for you to maybe do a walking tour close to the pier, or just stay on the boat and enjoy the ship with very few people on board. 

Cheers

No stop in Coco Cay ... I wish we were !