Unlimited dining package does NOT include unlimited entrees...maybe

MrMarc

I thought one of the main features of the unlimited dining package was the ability to order multiple entrees, especially since the description specifically says it does.  However, Royal is now saying the description is wrong and it does NOT include multiple entrees, at least at the same restaurant.  

Update - The customer service and resolutions team have said that the package DOES include multiple entrees, just as the cruise planner says.  The Facebook people still say it does not.  So the real answer may depend on the particular ship and restaurant managers interpretation.  

46 minutes ago, Rob&Ana said:

Is there a charge for a second entrée? Or just not allowed...

There is a $10 charge.   They are saying it is limited to 1 entree per restaurant, but you can go to multiple restaurants.  The cruise planner is very specific about multiple entrees and multiple restaurants, but I guess they are treating them like the seafood tower at chops.  Since there would be an extra charge the fine print overrides the description. 

2 hours ago, MrMarc said:

There is a $10 charge.   They are saying it is limited to 1 entree per restaurant, but you can go to multiple restaurants.  The cruise planner is very specific about multiple entrees and multiple restaurants, but I guess they are treating them like the seafood tower at chops.  Since there would be an extra charge the fine print overrides the description. 

I was under the impression the multiple entrees really just applied to 1 at each restaurant. I never thought about using it to get multiple entrees at one time ? Maybe if it's not busy you can finish your food, walk out and come back in ?

On 8/23/2019 at 9:24 AM, Matt said:

Unfortunately, I think this is one of those inconsistencies where the "rule" says one thing, but in practice it's something different. The multiple entree "rule" has only ever been enforced at Chops. 

According to an email I received from customer support: 

"If you would like to order a second entrée in a specialty dining venue, please note that a subsequent cover charge may be incurred at the discretion of our onboard staff." 

So the rule is "your milage may vary."

Interesting.  We have never tried the specialty restaurants.  We wanted to on Symphony, but since we didn't book them in advance, we could never get in.  We were going to pre-book them this time.  My husband had asked if you get multiple entrees like you do in the main dining room, and I naturally assumed you could.  So now my question is - is Chops really worth it?  IMO, the main dining room is very good.  Not anything to write home about, but we've never left hungry.  And many times the waiter has brought my husband multiple entrees simply because he couldn't decide between two.

I know this is a subjective and a matter of opinion...but what are the opinions?

1 hour ago, Stephanie said:

Interesting.  We have never tried the specialty restaurants.  We wanted to on Symphony, but since we didn't book them in advance, we could never get in.  We were going to pre-book them this time.  My husband had asked if you get multiple entrees like you do in the main dining room, and I naturally assumed you could.  So now my question is - is Chops really worth it?  IMO, the main dining room is very good.  Not anything to write home about, but we've never left hungry.  And many times the waiter has brought my husband multiple entrees simply because he couldn't decide between two.

I know this is a subjective and a matter of opinion...but what are the opinions?

I often cruise, or rather mostly cruise without specialty dining.  I'll do specialty only sometimes if I can use a BOGO or get a free TA dinner.