How to sound like an alcoholic....

vanelli56

Sailing on Harmony OTS for the Sept. 22nd sailing in 31 days. Wanted to see about doing a 'Bar Crawl' with my group and anyone else that we happen to meet up with on the ship. But, like the old saying goes....'you cant say you've been drinking all day, unless you start in the morning'. So, with that....  where is the earliest place to get a drink on the ship?

It appears that most of the 'bars' open around 1030 AM. But... if you're an early riser... can you get a bloody Mary, mimosa, or an 'Irish breakfast' from somewhere before that?

Any thoughts on this or advice about getting a bar crawl organized is greatly appreciated. 

~Cheers

We end up doing a Pub Crawl, Poker Run ...... All participants put in $5. At every bar, not only do you have a drink, you draw a card ...... at the last bar, you find out who has the best poker hand - that person wins the cash ..... I was fortunate enough to win two years ago w/ 3 Kings ... Nice .

FB_IMG_1541249903697.jpg

Here's a link to one that @monorailmedic organized for the Symphony RCBlog Group Cruise in November.  I was particularly a fan of finishing up the crawl at the Wipe Out Bar followed by a ride down the Abyss to end with shots at Playmakers.

https://www.cruisehabit.com/barcrawl/

1 minute ago, tiny260 said:

Go to the very top of this page, look under events, those are the official, anything else is well, unofficial.

I'm not going to admit how much time I've spent on these message boards since booking my cruise and that's another place I haven't looked: EVENTS! thanks!

What was really funny about the Poker Run portion that year ..... after they took a picture of me and the winning hand, I took a photo of the rest of them .....

They were supposed to look mad, upset, sullen, that they didn't win ..... some folks, including my wife, didn't follow instructions.

20181030_210212.jpg

14 hours ago, GatorCruiser said:

I am going on symphony in November week before thanksgiving and would definitely be interested in a pub crawl. Any suggestions on how to interface with others on here that might be  on that cruise ?

There is usually a facebook group created by someone for each particular cruise. For our upcoming Harmony sailing in sept. thats how we are trying to coordinate one.

18 hours ago, PRebecca said:

I'm not going to admit how much time I've spent on these message boards since booking my cruise and that's another place I haven't looked: EVENTS! thanks!

If you are even considering any of the group cruises shoot MEI an inquiry for a quote.  The group rate right now for the NYE GC on Freedom is less than half of what the price is on Royal's site.  They get in on the cruise early and snag group rates before they go up.

17 hours ago, GatorCruiser said:

I am going on symphony in November week before thanksgiving and would definitely be interested in a pub crawl. Any suggestions on how to interface with others on here that might be  on that cruise ?

Here is a list that is compiled, it's under browse, people connect, master member cruise list.

On 8/22/2019 at 1:59 PM, coneyraven said:

What was really funny about the Poker Run portion that year ..... after they took a picture of me and the winning hand, I took a photo of the rest of them .....

They were supposed to look mad, upset, sullen, that they didn't win ..... some folks, including my wife, didn't follow instructions.

Why wouldn't your wife be smiling??  You know the saying "What's hers is hers and what's yours is hers".   I thought that was a universal truth.

10 hours ago, FManke said:

As far as the title of this thread goes, just a reminder that alcoholism is a disease. I don't think somebody would title a thread -How to sound like a cancer patient...

True, very true, but I don't think it was mean spirited. Has more to do with the fact that this forum contains a huge amount of content dealing with alcohol... packages, how much, what kind, where at, etc. Those of us (myself included) who make drinking a part of the cruise experience sometimes forget why there is a need for Friends Of Bill W. meetings on board. 

20 hours ago, Fuzzywuzzy said:

True, very true, but I don't think it was mean spirited. Has more to do with the fact that this forum contains a huge amount of content dealing with alcohol... packages, how much, what kind, where at, etc. Those of us (myself included) who make drinking a part of the cruise experience sometimes forget why there is a need for Friends Of Bill W. meetings on board. 

I don't think it was mean spirited, just kinda flip. I just wish people would choose their words more carefully from time to time. Myself included. 

On 8/22/2019 at 11:57 AM, vanelli56 said:

Sailing on Harmony OTS for the Sept. 22nd sailing in 31 days. Wanted to see about doing a 'Bar Crawl' with my group and anyone else that we happen to meet up with on the ship. But, like the old saying goes....'you cant say you've been drinking all day, unless you start in the morning'. So, with that....  where is the earliest place to get a drink on the ship?

It appears that most of the 'bars' open around 1030 AM. But... if you're an early riser... can you get a bloody Mary, mimosa, or an 'Irish breakfast' from somewhere before that?

Any thoughts on this or advice about getting a bar crawl organized is greatly appreciated. 

~Cheers

On Oasis, the Promenade Cafe (I'm 96% sure that's where it was) had boozy coffee drinks that started my day every morning. The Bourbon Mint Mocha was amazing, even though I'm not a huge fan of Bourbon. Or Mocha. Apparently, you put them together and vacation happens! It will probably be my first purchase when we board Harmony in November. If I can wait for my Rum Chata Colada. ?

On 8/22/2019 at 9:57 AM, vanelli56 said:

~Cheers

Count me in on the bar crawl :-) desertgoddessaz on shipmate ... you can create a thread there, or try to create a thread on the FB group https://www.facebook.com/Harmony-of-the-Seas-September-222019-Royal-Caribbean-645049269230552/

On 8/22/2019 at 1:03 PM, coneyraven said:

We end up doing a Pub Crawl, Poker Run ...... All participants put in $5. At every bar, not only do you have a drink, you draw a card ...... at the last bar, you find out who has the best poker hand - that person wins the cash ..... I was fortunate enough to win two years ago w/ 3 Kings ... Nice .

FB_IMG_1541249903697.jpg

Love this idea!