ncnickel

Hi All 

My partner and I are traveling with his brother and sister-in-law on Oasis in Feb 2020 for his brother's 40th. Super excited. This is our first cruise and I'm trying to gobble up all I can learn on how to get the most of this experience. So excited! 

Also, we transferred our bookings over to MEI after we booked because I stumbled across this blog and read the amazing reviews. 

Thoughts, tips, etc. welcome on Oasis. And if anyone is also on that voyage, look us up!

11 hours ago, ncnickel said:

Thoughts, tips, etc. welcome on Oasis. And if anyone is also on that voyage, look us up!

Keep an eye out around here on the message boards because quite a few regulars will be sailing Oasis right after her revitalization.  @twangster, @WAAAYTOOO, @AGSLC5, @AshleyDillo to name a few and I am sure they will all have feed back on Oasis.

Also, you can check the Master Member's cruise list to see if anyone here is on your sailing.  It's located right here in the People Connect section.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/2056-master-member-cruise-list/

12 hours ago, ncnickel said:

Hi All 

My partner and I are traveling with his brother and sister-in-law on Oasis in Feb 2020 for his brother's 40th. Super excited. This is our first cruise and I'm trying to gobble up all I can learn on how to get the most of this experience. So excited! 

Also, we transferred our bookings over to MEI after we booked because I stumbled across this blog and read the amazing reviews. 

I have been on Oasis 4 times.. I am going again for Thanksgiving this year and I am excited to see a brand new Amped Oasis. If you have any specific questions I am happy to answer.. Right now my advice for you is make sure you see the shows. You can make reservations for them about 90 days before your sailing online through the cruise planner.. Like I said if you have any specific questions feel free to ask. 

6 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Keep an eye out around here on the message boards because quite a few regulars will be sailing Oasis right after her revitalization.  @twangster, @WAAAYTOOO, @AGSLC5, @AshleyDillo to name a few and I am sure they will all have feed back on Oasis.

Also, you can check the Master Member's cruise list to see if anyone here is on your sailing.  It's located right here in the People Connect section.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/2056-master-member-cruise-list/

Thanks so much for this connection - and for the folks who are sailing right after Oasis' amplification. Incredibly helpful! ?

5 hours ago, twangster said:

Great ship for a first cruise!

Check out this blog post on her:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/01/31/first-time-cruisers-guide-royal-caribbeans-oasis-of-the-seas

Also this link from the very top menu on this page "Getting Started"

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/getting-started

Enjoy your cruise!

EXCELLENT resources! I will need to read them this weekend. I wish it were already February! 

6 hours ago, AGSLC5 said:

I have been on Oasis 4 times.. I am going again for Thanksgiving this year and I am excited to see a brand new Amped Oasis. If you have any specific questions I am happy to answer.. Right now my advice for you is make sure you see the shows. You can make reservations for them about 90 days before your sailing online through the cruise planner.. Like I said if you have any specific questions feel free to ask. 

Thank you for the generous offer! I was wondering specifically about the reservations for the shows. I am a big Broadway show fan... and the aqua show looked AMAZING! - this was a significant draw for me to RCI. When you book the reservations do you get seats assigned? If it is rush seating how early do you need to arrive in order to get decent seats? 

8 minutes ago, ncnickel said:

Thank you for the generous offer! I was wondering specifically about the reservations for the shows. I am a big Broadway show fan... and the aqua show looked AMAZING! - this was a significant draw for me to RCI. When you book the reservations do you get seats assigned? If it is rush seating how early do you need to arrive in order to get decent seats? 

No seat assignments with the reservation.  First come first serve for seats.  It is recommended that you show up at least 20min prior to showtime but realistically the venues fill up by 30 mins prior.  We usually wait for the doors to open at 45 mins prior.

And the aqua theater shows are most definitely amazing!

3 hours ago, ncnickel said:

exactly what Sabrina said.. You don't get assigned seating so you should up 30-40 min early to get a good seat... Especially in the case of the Aqua theater show.. There is limited seating so it fills up quick. You are going to have a wonderful time.. In my opinion nothing beats Oasis class ship entertainment. 

• 5 months later...
22 hours ago, ncnickel said:

We're only 3 weeks out, now! Very excited. We have our shows booked, and researching "on our own" activities in San Juan and St. Thomas. My partner and I were also wondering whether there were LGBT meet ups? Where does one locate those? 

They are usually listed in the Cruise Compass.  In fact the first one I pulled up from the blog's archives has it listed as "LGBTQ+ Meet & Mingle".  

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compasses/oasis-of-the-seas/sun-2019-12-15-0000

On 1/26/2020 at 10:44 AM, ncnickel said:

We're only 3 weeks out, now! Very excited. We have our shows booked, and researching "on our own" activities in San Juan and St. Thomas. My partner and I were also wondering whether there were LGBT meet ups? Where does one locate those? 

would you kindly report back and let me know what you did in St. Thomas? I'm sure there are tons of posts but I'm just today starting to research and your 'on your own' comment intrigued me. TIA and happy sailing!

• 3 weeks later...