Deluxe Beverage Package $55 buy one get one 50% off

WaterBaby

The current sale for the Deluxe Beverage Package is $55 per person with a buy one get one 50% off.  *Savings are applied as 25% off to each guest(s) package.

I've already purchased the package at $46 each paying $759.99

I did the math and it seems the current package should be a little better deal but when I put in cart it doesn't show any discount it gives me a total of $907 the full $55 per person !

How can that be ? Why doesn't it show the discounted price when in the cart ? I'm afraid to cancel  my first purchase to buy this one if I'm not positive of a savings.

Very confusing !

5 minutes ago, WaterBaby said:

The current sale for the Deluxe Beverage Package is $55 per person with a buy one get one 50% off.  *Savings are applied as 25% off to each guest(s) package.

I did the math and it seems the current package should be a little better deal but when I put in cart it doesn't show any discount it gives me a total of $907 the full $55 per person !

How can that be ? Why doesn't it show the discounted price when in the cart ? I'm afraid to cancel  my first purchase to buy this one if I'm not positive of a savings.

Very confusing !

I was just asking this last night!

This was actually answered towards the bottom of this thread here: 

34 minutes ago, WaterBaby said:

Very confusing !

Did you factor in the 18% gratuity? That makes it $64.90 per day per person. 

3 minutes ago, WaterBaby said:

Yes I did add the gratuity. It just doesn't make sense to me to advertise this way ... I'm sticking with my original purchase of $46 per person !

Thanks !

yeah on the thread i posted above someone helped answered that the price reflects the "unpublished on-board price" not what is shown on the cruise planner.

The $55 price is the discounted price.  On the cruise planner it states "price shown reflects your discount". 

Whatever price is shown on the cruise planner is what the price will be per day, per person,  before gratuities are added.  I just ignore all their percentages and BOGO hoopla and just look at that price.  If you already got it for $46, keep it.

I had the same question a couple of months ago.  I called RC to understand.  I was told that the discount is based on the on-board price of the package.  According to the person I spoke with, the non-sale price you see on the planner is already discounted and the further discount is reflected in the sale price. and spread across two packages.

I'm not really believing that's the case, but until I get on board and see the "day of" price, I have no way to verify it.  Currently, I can get $51/day/person.  Prior to the current offer, it was $55 in the planner.  The current sale is 50% off the 2nd package.  So that would mean that the on-board price of the package would have to be around $65/person to make that logic work.

There's a lot of corporate language that goes into how they market these sales.  The bottom line is to assess your expectations for all beverages (alcoholic and otherwise) and estimate how much you may end up spending.  Add in how much you value the convenience of having your cost fixed as opposed to keeping track of what you're spending as the cruise goes along.

For me, $50/day is right at the breaking point.

13 hours ago, WaterBaby said:

Very confusing !

haha..another person confused by Royals math..

You will soon learn that Royal is very good at these confusing offers..welcome to the club...don't ever try to figure it out and just remember, its never really a sale at the end of the day. Just a different way to market it.

The sooner you accept it, the better it will be for you when dealing with Royal.

Always ignore the 'SALE' banners/ads.... those are just flashy bright attention getting traps. Go by what the price is shown as. We also booked at the $46/day rate... thats about as low as we will most likely see. (unless they mess up and throw the $18 dollars in there again!)

11 hours ago, Weezie57 said:

Maybe it’s too early in the morning for my brain to be working correctly but if you have $46 per day how could $55 per day be a better deal?  The price you see in the cruise planner already reflects the discount not 25% off the $55.

Because I thought the deal was buy one at $55 and the second was 50% off ... I have since figured all this out LOL

I'm a first time cruiser so all this is new to me ... I'm catching on fast tho ! 

Thanks all !

9 minutes ago, WaterBaby said:

Because I thought the deal was buy one at $55 and the second was 50% off ... I have since figured all this out LOL

I'm a first time cruiser so all this is new to me ... I'm catching on fast tho ! 

Thanks all !

I wasn’t trying to be sarcastic just figured I missed something.  After I posted, I figured that was what you were thinking.  $46 seems like a great price to me.  The best I can get for an October sailing is $49.

32 minutes ago, Weezie57 said:

I wasn’t trying to be sarcastic just figured I missed something.  After I posted, I figured that was what you were thinking.  $46 seems like a great price to me.  The best I can get for an October sailing is $49.

Weezie57 .... I didn't think you were sarcastic ! No not at all ! hahaha I got in on the $46 back in June ... I'm so glad I did ! I'm sailing in October too on Allure !

30 minutes ago, Marshall said:

If we are on a 8 day cruise does RC charge your for all 8 days?  I just paid 396.48 and if you divide that by 8 it comes out to 49.56 but it was advertised as $48 per say plus 18%. so, price per day is $56.64 and it looks like they only charge for 7 days.

I didnt know RCL had any 8 day cruises.  Do you mean from the day you board until the day you get off is 8 days?

Your drink package will work from the time you get on the ship until you get off on your last day.  RCL typically goes by nights, 7 nights.

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:40 PM, WaterBaby said:

Very confusing !

When they quote $55 and the sale is BOGO 50% off, the price of $55 per person includes the BOGO 50% off.  So the normal price is $74, if you buy one at $74 and get the second at $36 it totals to 110 which equates to $55 per person.

34 minutes ago, Marshall said:

Yeah, sorry. It is a 7 night cruise but technically it will be over a 8 day period. I guess the last day really doesn’t count since we will just be waking up and getting off the boat. 

The last day will count in the sense that you can still get fresh squeezed orange juice at breakfast and other non-alcoholic options from the drink package the morning you disembark.  You can also still get alcohol late night until all the bars are closed.

I find it helps to think of the first and last day as adding up to a whole day.  You're paying for seven 24 hour periods with the drink package so board as early as you can or you're missing out on some of those hours!