Dining My Time (waitlist)

KesTag

Hi all,

My family and I are going on our first cruise Jan next year.  

When we booked the cruise, the confirmation invoice  received stated 

Dining (Waitlist)  MY TIME (5:30 PM) under each of our names. 

69119506_10219779253375716_2493115596342820864_o.thumb.jpg.f642685eb2fdee8a65295fbf40489d9e.jpg

Does this mean we are booked for dining at 5:30PM? I can’t find anything to indicate our dining time on our Cruise Planner (not even on the calendar), it only has options for booking specialty dining.  Other people have told me that they are able to book My Time dining times on their planners, but there is no option for me to do that. I’m ok with 5:30PM, if thats the time, as that is our preference, but I wanted to double check rather than assuming. Im hoping to be as organised as possible before embarkation, so I can relax and avoid too much rushing around organising things ?   Thanks 

There are two main dining room times (early & late seating).  If you were confirmed in one of the spaces I believe you would just see the time next to dining on your booking.  When you see MyTime it reflects that you are not confirmed at either early or late seating and have the flexibility for your MyTime dining.  The (Waitlist) I believe is indicating you are looking for early seating in the main dining room or that is the time you are looking for MyTime dining.

I took a look back at a couple of my last bookings (within the year) as I was not 100% sure.  I saw the waitlist timing before I was confirmed with the time I requested (as we prefer a structured time).  When I was confirmed I did not see MyTime or (waitlist) times reflected and just the time.

I hope this is correct for you.  You can always call your travel agent and have them try to confirm timing.  If you booked directly with royal you can do that with them also.  I will tell you that I have booked many cruises directly with royal, have Diamond + status now, and have had to wait for confirmation so it does not always happen the first time :-)

Good luck and enjoy your first trip!

D 

Thanks so much for the input. I think I'm getting confused because I can't see anywhere to book MDR dining in my planner. Others have told me they have been able to book My Time but I can't nor can I see if I have been booked for any.  When hubby and I cruised Princess, many years ago, they only had early or late dining - so when I booked I just said we'd prefer to eat early than late -- didn't know what MyTime was, I do now. I'm just someone who likes to plan early ? . 

I'll see if I can find out through official channels.  Thanks again, I appreciate it, very helpful  

4 hours ago, KesTag said:

Thanks so much for the input. I think I'm getting confused because I can't see anywhere to book MDR dining in my planner. Others have told me they have been able to book My Time but I can't nor can I see if I have been booked for any.  When hubby and I cruised Princess, many years ago, they only had early or late dining - so when I booked I just said we'd prefer to eat early than late -- didn't know what MyTime was, I do now. I'm just someone who likes to plan early ? . 

I'll see if I can find out through official channels.  Thanks again, I appreciate it, very helpful  

You can reserve times for MTD from your Calendar in the Planner.  MTD is classified as an activity.

Click on My Calendar, the click "Add Activity", select Dining, select your day.  When the dining activities pop up, find My Time Dining then add it to your cart.  At that point, you can select the passengers and you'll be presented with a list of possible times.  You'll eventually check out and you're all set.

On 8/21/2019 at 9:43 PM, KesTag said:

Hi all,

My family and I are going on our first cruise Jan next year.  

When we booked the cruise, the confirmation invoice  received stated 

Dining (Waitlist)  MY TIME (5:30 PM) under each of our names. 

69119506_10219779253375716_2493115596342820864_o.thumb.jpg.f642685eb2fdee8a65295fbf40489d9e.jpg

Does this mean we are booked for dining at 5:30PM? I can’t find anything to indicate our dining time on our Cruise Planner (not even on the calendar), it only has options for booking specialty dining.  Other people have told me that they are able to book My Time dining times on their planners, but there is no option for me to do that. I’m ok with 5:30PM, if thats the time, as that is our preference, but I wanted to double check rather than assuming. Im hoping to be as organised as possible before embarkation, so I can relax and avoid too much rushing around organising things ?   Thanks 

Our experience has been consistent with what @DMLM reported.  We use a travel agent, who typically follows-up with Royal to get us a seating in traditional dining after we've been defaulted to My Time.  I also agree with @FManke , and have used that strategy after we checked in Day 1 (before Cruise Planner was created).

8 hours ago, PatsFanBrian said:

You can reserve times for MTD from your Calendar in the Planner.  MTD is classified as an activity.

Click on My Calendar, the click "Add Activity", select Dining, select your day.  When the dining activities pop up, find My Time Dining then add it to your cart.  At that point, you can select the passengers and you'll be presented with a list of possible times.  You'll eventually check out and you're all set.

Thanks for the suggestion - I've actually tried to add MTD as an activity from calendar but it doesn't give me the option to add it to cart. The other restaurants (including solarium bistro) do, but not MTD.  I'll chase it up and find out what's going on with it. Thanks again

On 8/23/2019 at 4:30 PM, KesTag said:

Thanks for the suggestion - I've actually tried to add MTD as an activity from calendar but it doesn't give me the option to add it to cart. The other restaurants (including solarium bistro) do, but not MTD.  I'll chase it up and find out what's going on with it. Thanks again

Another option is to call Royal Caribbean and have them setup MTD reservations for you at the times you want each night.  Also let them know the size table you want if you want your family to not be stuck with other people.  Then check and make sure the reservations show up in your calendar.