What do you think Explorer will get in drydock?

Joe01

Now that the info about Freedom is out, the next ship to focus on is Explorer. I am considering sail her from Civitavecchia next year and this refurb might persuade me...

A few seem to think that it will be the same as Navigator, but Navigator was specifically redesigned for the 3/4 day market. Whilst I can see slides and some new pool bars being introduced, I can't imagine them completely revamping the pool deck like they did on Navigator since Explorer will spend half of the year in Europe.

She's in drydock for a while, even longer than Nav was so I'm hoping that her amplification is extensive and much more so than Voyager's non-existent amplification.

Any thoughts?

12 hours ago, Joe01 said:

Now that the info about Freedom is out, the next ship to focus on is Explorer. I am considering sail her from Civitavecchia next year and this refurb might persuade me...

A few seem to think that it will be the same as Navigator, but Navigator was specifically redesigned for the 3/4 day market. Whilst I can see slides and some new pool bars being introduced, I can't imagine them completely revamping the pool deck like they did on Navigator since Explorer will spend half of the year in Europe.

She's in drydock for a while, even longer than Nav was so I'm hoping that her amplification is extensive and much more so than Voyager's non-existent amplification.

Any thoughts?

From the rather weak Amplification of Voyager it could go either way. Navigator jumped almost to the top of the charts with its improvements, but the Voyager changes just hit with a thud. The US based ships seem to be getting the big updates, so it may depend on what the plan for Explorer going forward is. 

10 minutes ago, Jaymac Radio said:

Here What I Think Explorer Will Get In Drydock.

• The Perfect Storm Slides Cyclone and Typhoon.
  • Glow-In-The-Dark Laser Tag.
  • Redesign Of Explorer Dedicated Teens Spaces And Adventure Ocean.
  • Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen.
  • The Lime & Coconut Bar.
  • Fish And Ships.
  • Playmakers Sports Bar.

Fish and Ships seems a bit of an odd choice - I think only Indy got that and that was for the British market.

I would probably agree with the others though.

1 hour ago, Andrew72681 said:

From the rather weak Amplification of Voyager it could go either way. Navigator jumped almost to the top of the charts with its improvements, but the Voyager changes just hit with a thud. The US based ships seem to be getting the big updates, so it may depend on what the plan for Explorer going forward is. 

Voyager is out of service for 5 weeks while Explorer is out of service for 9 weeks so that indicates that she will get more than Voyager.

5 minutes ago, Joe01 said:

Voyager is out of service for 5 weeks while Explorer is out of service for 9 weeks so that indicates that she will get more than Voyager.

Is Explorer due for her 5-year drydock at the same time? 

Maybe they're going to refresh the cabins during this process..or add some new ones.  

4 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Is Explorer due for her 5-year drydock at the same time? 

Maybe they're going to refresh the cabins during this process..or add some new ones.  

Nope - I think VY is next month whereas EX is from March - May 2020.

1 minute ago, Joe01 said:

Nope - I think VY is next month whereas EX is from March - May 2020.

I meant is the AMP upgrade scheduled to be at the same time Explorer was supposed to have a 5-year drydock.  I don't pay much attention to those but I know they have regulations where they have to do them every 5 years.  My thought was if that's due they may try to kill two birds with one stone if the logistics worked out.

2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I meant is the AMP upgrade scheduled to be at the same time Explorer was supposed to have a 5-year drydock.  I don't pay much attention to those but I know they have regulations where they have to do them every 5 years.  My thought was if that's due they may try to kill two birds with one stone if the logistics worked out.

Yes - both are due for their 5 year update, as were Navigator, Mariner and Indy when they were amplified. They always kill both birds with ne stone.

3 hours ago, Joe01 said:

I wonder why they are doing the dry dock, if they needed to move it across a large sea that could be a reason for being longer out of service. 

2 hours ago, Andrew72681 said:

I wonder why they are doing the dry dock, if they needed to move it across a large sea that could be a reason for being longer out of service. 

It will take them 10 days at most to get to Cadiz.