Door organiser

Marmaduke

Hi all,  I've read on this blog previously about bringing door organisers on board and I want to get one (or Maybe 2) ordered in time for my cruise in 7 weeks.

Can any of you suggest a good one? I'm in the UK and I use Amazon, so one from there would be ideal.  

This is my first cruise so I've no idea of the door sizes etc.

Thank you all once again.

I will be perfectly honest with you, there is NO need to buy anything special, we have a cheap one that we got from Amazon, if you pay more than $15 then you are paying WAY too much!  Just make sure that it gets aired out prior to packing it away and it will last quite some time!  I have the one listed and it has done us well for the past 4 years, and I know that it will last quite a few more.  

https://www.amazon.com/24-Pockets-SimpleHouseware-Crystal-Organizer/dp/B01D58DRVC/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2EQ99C5JV5VL0&keywords=shoe+organizer&qid=1566423417&s=gateway&sprefix=shoe+organi%2Caps%2C442&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzRjgyNTg5Wkk2N08mZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAwOTE5ODQzSk9RTzRTUzVKTDVHJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA0NzI4NzEzS1dIVEtLWVMzUkhIJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Good luck and happy cruising!!! ?

13 hours ago, bhageerah said:

I will be perfectly honest with you, there is NO need to buy anything special, we have a cheap one that we got from Amazon, if you pay more than $15 then you are paying WAY too much!  Just make sure that it gets aired out prior to packing it away and it will last quite some time!  I have the one listed and it has done us well for the past 4 years, and I know that it will last quite a few more.  

https://www.amazon.com/24-Pockets-SimpleHouseware-Crystal-Organizer/dp/B01D58DRVC/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2EQ99C5JV5VL0&keywords=shoe+organizer&qid=1566423417&s=gateway&sprefix=shoe+organi%2Caps%2C442&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzRjgyNTg5Wkk2N08mZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAwOTE5ODQzSk9RTzRTUzVKTDVHJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA0NzI4NzEzS1dIVEtLWVMzUkhIJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Good luck and happy cruising!!! ?

I was looking for one as well - thank you for the link.  We have one at our local Walmart for about $18 (Canadian)

Here is the one from Amazon.ca  24 pockets - different sizes for about $10

For a few cents more, I can get the one with large pockets.  Can you advise what yours holds at most (height wise), the pictures are not very helpful, as the shoes seem to be kid sized? I haven't gathered my items yet (too far out), but I am placing an order very soon for other items (so I will get free shipping)

When you said air it out, do you mean that awful plastic smell?

TIA (thanks in advance) 

We have the one that I  posted in my prior post, and I am going to tell you that it is good enough to hold several bottles of conditioner and shampoo, several average sized containers of body wash, face wash, cologne, perfume, hair gel, my shaving stuff, toothbrushes, toothpaste, a bottle of Poo pourri (just in case you don't know what it is.....https://www.amazon.ca/Poo-Pourri-Before-You-Go-Toilet-Bottle-Original/dp/B0108XRDJE/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3DC52TD75EO9&keywords=poo+pourri+toilet+spray&qid=1566477594&s=gateway&sprefix=poo+p%2Caps%2C131&sr=8-5) we will not cruise without it!!  By the time we are done we have it almost full for four of us.  and it handles the weight very well, unless you are going to store something absolutely HUGE in there I really would not worry about the pocket size.  You will be surprised at how large the slots are!  I wear a size 14US which is a  48.5 CDN if I am correct, and its large enough for me to fit my shoes in without any issues! Unless you are using the extremely large Costo sized bottles of stuff you won't have any issues. Hope this helps!  ?

On 8/22/2019 at 8:46 AM, bhageerah said:

We have the one that I  posted in my prior post, and I am going to tell you that it is good enough to hold several bottles of conditioner and shampoo, several average sized containers of body wash, face wash, cologne, perfume, hair gel, my shaving stuff, toothbrushes, toothpaste, a bottle of Poo pourri (just in case you don't know what it is.....https://www.amazon.ca/Poo-Pourri-Before-You-Go-Toilet-Bottle-Original/dp/B0108XRDJE/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3DC52TD75EO9&keywords=poo+pourri+toilet+spray&qid=1566477594&s=gateway&sprefix=poo+p%2Caps%2C131&sr=8-5) we will not cruise without it!!  By the time we are done we have it almost full for four of us.  and it handles the weight very well, unless you are going to store something absolutely HUGE in there I really would not worry about the pocket size.  You will be surprised at how large the slots are!  I wear a size 14US which is a  48.5 CDN if I am correct, and its large enough for me to fit my shoes in without any issues! Unless you are using the extremely large Costo sized bottles of stuff you won't have any issues. Hope this helps!  ?

That's great, thank you @bhageerah.  Yes, I am familiar with Poo-Pourri ?

You mentioned airing it out?  Is this due to the strong plastic smell?

5 minutes ago, raahc said:

That's great, thank you @bhageerah.  Yes, I am familiar with Poo-Pourri ?

You mentioned airing it out?  Is this due to the strong plastic smell?

I am going to be honest I can not remember if it had a strong smell to it at first, but I can tell you that if it did, that the smell did not last long at all.  Airing it out was just for packing purpose so it does not mold or mildew and waste your money.  I know that some days it gets pretty wet from the residual water on the bottles of body wash or shampoo so we just make sure that when we get home to lay it out and make sure that it gets air dried prior to getting packed away in our "cruise stash"

38 minutes ago, bhageerah said:

I am going to be honest I can not remember if it had a strong smell to it at first, but I can tell you that if it did, that the smell did not last long at all.  Airing it out was just for packing purpose so it does not mold or mildew and waste your money.  I know that some days it gets pretty wet from the residual water on the bottles of body wash or shampoo so we just make sure that when we get home to lay it out and make sure that it gets air dried prior to getting packed away in our "cruise stash"

Oh, I see.  I thought you meant when I purchase it and it has that plastic smell.  Yes, that's a good tip on making sure it's all clean and dry before storage.  Thank you!