Johnny Rockets Shakes

Andy P

1 minute ago, Andy P said:

If I go to John Rockets for just their shake, do I need to pay the meal up charge plus the charge for the shake or can I just pay the up charge for the shake?

If you are paying cash (i.e. not using a drink package), they usually will let you get a "milkshake to go".

If you have a drink package, you need to have a meal.

I can tell you that it is a good shake but it is not THAT good, a milkshake from Chick-fil-a will blow it out of the water! We usually get a buy one get one half off offer loaded onto our sea pass card and will usually splurge and get one then.  That is about the only time that we get them other than if we have a meal there.  

4 minutes ago, bhageerah said:

I can tell you that it is a good shake but it is not THAT good, a milkshake from Chick-fil-a will blow it out of the water! We usually get a buy one get one half off offer loaded onto our sea pass card and will usually splurge and get one then.  That is about the only time that we get them other than if we have a meal there.  

don't get me started with chick-fil-a's shakes! oooooo they're amazing.

I alternate from their peach shake and the frosted delight which is milky orange/lemon cream shake.

Clarification , please? My family has the refreshment package and we would like to eat at JR (on Harmony) there is an upcharge for the food may I ask what is that price per person? At that point we can request the shakes and they would be covered under the refreshment package or the food upcharge? Sorry I'm super a confused newbie.

55 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Clarification , please? My family has the refreshment package and we would like to eat at JR (on Harmony) there is an upcharge for the food may I ask what is that price per person? At that point we can request the shakes and they would be covered under the refreshment package or the food upcharge? Sorry I'm super a confused newbie.

The meal charge is $9.95 pp and yes you can then get the milkshake with your package

2 hours ago, Neesa said:

And there is no charge for breakfast at Johnny Rockets, although that is a bit early to order a milkshake....Also, some staterooms or travel agents will get you a voucher for a complimentary lunch at JR.

48 minutes ago, videjuca said:

Also the kids?

Yes..it is 9.95 per person to eat at Johnny Rockets.  Milkshakes will be an additional charge on top of that unless you have the Refreshment or Deluxe drink package.  That means the kids would have to have the Refreshment package for their milkshakes to be included.

Also note that this is different on Anthem and Navigator as they have Johnny Rockets express which is ala carte and you pay only for what you order.

2 hours ago, adidassler said:

Is there milk shakes available at other places on the ships? ( mariner?) my lad doesn't drink fizzy juice so I'm hoping his drink package covers them somewhere!?

If he has the Refreshment package he can get nonalcoholic frozen drinks such as a mudslide from any bar with a blender.  Or he can do the fruity ones (pina colada, strawberry daiquiri, etc.) 

They make frappes at the specialty coffee counter.  Those are usually made with a shot of espresso but if you ask them they may be able to hold the espresso in your kiddo's drink..then it will be as close to a milkshake as you can get.

5 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Yes..it is 9.95 per person to eat at Johnny Rockets.  Milkshakes will be an additional charge on top of that unless you have the Refreshment or Deluxe drink package.  That means the kids would have to have the Refreshment package for their milkshakes to be included.

Also note that this is different on Anthem and Navigator as they have Johnny Rockets express which is ala carte and you pay only for what you order.

So on anthem, if you have a refreshment or deluxe drink package, you can just get a milkshake without having to dine at additional cost?

2 hours ago, JohnC71 said:

So on anthem, if you have a refreshment or deluxe drink package, you can just get a milkshake without having to dine at additional cost?

No. You will have to pay for the meal but the shake is no additional cost. 

So you get the free shake but pay for the meal whether you eat it or not.

If you don't have a refreshment or deluxe then you can just pay for the shake.

15 hours ago, Jolly Ogre said:

No. You will have to pay for the meal but the shake is no additional cost. 

So you get the free shake but pay for the meal whether you eat it or not.

Anthem is ala carte.  You can walk up and order just a burger and pay for it..or just fries or onion rings.  Your whole family can eat there but you only pay for what you order, not a per head charge.  Same goes for the shake..the drink package does cover the shakes there.You also order at the counter on Anthem.  It doesn't have the same table/server experience as on the other ships. 

18 hours ago, JohnC71 said:

Yes, you should be able to walk up and order just a shake.  All the food is ordered at the counter and you stand in line like a fast food restaurant.

16 hours ago, Andy P said:

I don’t believe that the refreshment package includes the Johnny Rocket Shakes just the Deluxe drink package, does anyone know where it says it does? 

It doesn't say that they are or aren't included anywhere that I can find.  This means they can decide to honor it or not.

Either way, good to ask them to run your SeaPass before they make the shake and make sure it is included.

20 minutes ago, EmersonNZ said:

Sooo... If I have the Ultimate Dinning Package & Deluxe Beverage Package could I go into Johnny Rockets and just grab a skate... (Hold the burger and make it a shake :-). It;d feel silly to order a burger that I might not want only to get the milkshake.

Yup..the UDP will cover the cover charge for you to get into JR.  Just tell them all you want is a shake and that you have both the UDP and UBP.  I'm sure they will appreciate not having to make a burger that you won't want to eat.

5 minutes ago, levy1980 said:

So for the $9.95 charge what do you get just burger and chips?

You get whatever you want off of the menu (except for a shake which is additional if you don't have the beverage package).  They put down fries and onion rings for the table similar to a bread basket and you can order your sandwiches off the menu.  They also have loaded fries that you can order..all included with the $9.95 per person cover charge.  They even have desserts (ice cream, sundaes, and pie) which are included.  Only thing that isn't is soda and the milkshakes/malts.  You're probably looking at $5-$6 for the shake.