Couple of Questions

jbethel11

Not new to Royal, but have a few questions regarding the dining packages, the soda package, and the internet packages for a 7 day cruise on the Oasis of the Seas. I understand there are different Voom plans. Is there one for 4 devices? What do they normally run, for a 7 day? Do they ever discount the prices at all? How much have you seen a discount for the soda package? How much have you seen a discount for the 3-night dining package? I know at least one of the replies to this thread will include "It may vary", however I consider myself a statistician, so I like knowing what the best case scenario could be. Thanks in advance for the assistance!

13 minutes ago, wllm1969 said:

Go to the Cruise Planner. They are offering sales now. I would purchase now and check back from time to time to see if it gets cheaper.

I haven't booked yet, and the sales are only valid through March. The sailing I am looking at is in August of 2020, so I have over a year to get savings!

@jbethel11  Hi and welcome to the RCB forums.

The first thing I learned from these forums is that your plan should be to book now and repurchase as the price goes down.  As you know, prices are not guaranteed and you can cancel anything you purchase through the planner at anytime without any penalty.  So why not?

Also, sign up for the FB group for your sailing.  Often someone in the group will make a post when Cruise Planner prices go down for your sailing.  So that really helps.  But, checking prices once per day on your own is a good idea if you are able.  Also, keep your eyes open on these forums.  Someone may start a thread for your sailing.  And add your sailing into the master cruise list of this forum so you can see who else will be on your cruise.

FYI, I have 3 cruises booked.  The 3N Dining Package costs $99 for all three.

But the drink package is another story.  The current prices for them pppd (per person per day) are:  $48, $57, & $65.

Sorry, but I never get the internet package so I don't know about that.  We disconnect when we cruise.  We enjoy it that way...

4 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

$99 per person! Wow, I read they once went as low as $69!

I got mine for £52.44. At the current exchange rate that's $63.57 but the pound has dropped a lot since I booked it, so I'd guess that it would probably equate to the $69 you mention. It does vary depending on ship and sailing date though and it may be more expensive on the ships with more dining options. I'm going on Adventure which only offers three speciality dining venues.

On our upcoming cruise on Harmony in Sept. 3 night DP is $99. or Chops +1 for $75. 

UDP has varied from $46 to $49 to $56 to $59. We originally snagged it at the $49... but repriced when it went to $46. 

Surf and steam for 4 devices, I have seen rates from $27/day to $34/day if I remember correctly. 

17 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

$99 per person! Wow, I read they once went as low as $69!

Yeah, I remember $69, but that was years ago for US cruises.  Welcome to the new RCL where they can charge what they want and get it.  BTW - thanks for you contribution to Perfect Day and the Royal Amplified!

http://www.royalcaribbeanincentives.com/content/uploads/2018-2019-Fleet_Guide.pdf

1 hour ago, jbethel11 said:

Sorry, what did I contribute again?

I am sort of kidding here, by making any recent purchase with RCL you are helping to fund their projects (Perfect Day, Royal Amplified, etc).  I say this because all of the higher prices they now charge...  ?