The best thing about about pre-cruise

The best thing about pre cruise is the building of excitement. You book and you are super excited, you are going back on a cruise, but usually you are still months away or a year away. It's the building ever day to the cruise that's incredible. Usually 30 days out it's bonkers time with excitement. We are 32 days from Anthem and it's really building here. We are all talking about it everyday. God cruises really are the best vacation and Royal Caribbean is the best cruise line. 

I am 134 days out for my next cruise (169 days since Allure cruise) and we've started the "cruise fever."

Flights- done.  Hotel before cruise- done.  Royal gifts for family for their stateroom- done.  Excursion- done.  Waiting on entertainment to be posted.  Then spreadsheet time.  ??

1 hour ago, RCIfan1912 said:

The best thing about pre cruise is the building of excitement. You book and you are super excited, you are going back on a cruise, but usually you are still months away or a year away. It's the building ever day to the cruise that's incredible. Usually 30 days out it's bonkers time with excitement. We are 32 days from Anthem and it's really building here. We are all talking about it everyday. God cruises really are the best vacation and Royal Caribbean is the best cruise line. 

You will have no argument from this guy!!!  I could not agree more!! ?

Great replies, the excitement builds and builds. Then its cruise day and you just can't wait to get on the ship. Then you go through the boarding process and once you are board you are on vacation on a big beautiful cruise ship and its relax time. Its have fun time, its do whatever you want or do nothing at all if you want. I love that Royal does push you to do anything. Yeah they let you know what is going on but there isn't any bugging you do everything. 

We are 23 days away from  sailing on Anthem and we don`t have time to barely think about the cruise.  We are putting our house on the market this Thursday  and have been working on the house everyday and then some.  We are SOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward  to this cruise.   Wife now fears a quick sale which we dearly want,  but that means when we get back from the cruise we will  have less than two weeks to pack.    Oh yes and by the way we will be at future cruise desk for sure.  And enjoying libations. 

7 hours ago, fonemanbob said:

We are 23 days away from  sailing on Anthem and we don`t have time to barely think about the cruise.  We are putting our house on the market this Thursday  and have been working on the house everyday and then some.  We are SOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward  to this cruise.   Wife now fears a quick sale which we dearly want,  but that means when we get back from the cruise we will  have less than two weeks to pack.    Oh yes and by the way we will be at future cruise desk for sure.  And enjoying libations. 

Wow. Intense.  Good luck and hopefully the cruise will be your ultimate pressure release valve.

32 days until our Harmony of the seas. Or... if you want to make it sound even better.... one person in our group only counts 'working days'. 

Either way... yes, the 30 day mark really starts the excitement and anticipation... along with more preparations and final planning, which in turn builds more excitements and anticipation, etc. etc. etc. Its a vicious circle.  

10 hours ago, fonemanbob said:

For our last cruise, we closed on selling our house the day before we sailed. It wasn't until that morning that we were sure we'd be closing on our new house as well that day. I figured, worst case scenario, we'd be without a house for the duration of our cruise and technically living on a cruise ship for a week. The worst part was packing up the house but leaving out cruise stuff, all while dealing with a 3 year old who was very confused.

32 days until we sail to Bermuda after a 2 year vacation break (including a forced cancellation of a Mediterranean cruise in-between) and first time back to Bermuda since our honeymoon 37 years ago.

We began booking our reservations this past weekend and that just amped up the anticipation.

12 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I find myself re-thinking which clothes to pack just to have something to do -- in the end it won't matter once we are on the ship!  In the meantime, I move the shirts and slacks around in my closet until I get the perfect combination....

17 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I know exactly how you feel! I have a handful of months left to go for my very first sailing on Jan, 2020. I don't know how people who book a year in advance contain their excitement.

I can bet you as the last few weeks or so comes around it goes by extremely SLOW!

19 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

LOL well from today, I have 275 days (according to Ship Mate) before my cruise!  Super-excited and we talk about it a few times a week - I'm sure the excitement level will only build as we get closer.  This is my first cruise, Rhapsody -Venice, Croatia, Monegro, Santorini and Olympia:6_smile:

19 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I could not agree more, DH wanted to book a "last minute" cruise but that would have robbed me of 2 months of obsessive planning/thinking/changing mind/etc that is the best part of having a cruise booked IMO. Imagining the let down when it's all over ? I already let him know I'll  be at the NextCruise desk by day 2!

These message boards are the best way to enjoy that anticipation for me!

Last weeks going by slow? Not for me! This weekend I had a 5 tier wedding cake on Saturday, a bridal open house on Sunday, an American Heritage Girls leader meeting last night, hair appointment today, AHG registration meeting this coming Tuesday, I have to buy all our last minute stuff this weekend, we're doing school through this coming Wednesday, I have a birthday cake delivery next Thursday, plus the kids have either swim team or tae kwon do every weekday night... I'm taking next Thursday off of school so I can wash the final load of clothes and pack to leave Friday morning! Mamma's ready for this vacation!  ?

8 hours ago, PatsFanBrian said:

32 days until we sail to Bermuda after a 2 year vacation break (including a forced cancellation of a Mediterranean cruise in-between) and first time back to Bermuda since our honeymoon 37 years ago.

We began booking our reservations this past weekend and that just amped up the anticipation.

Are you on Anthem? We are 31 days out from Anthem.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/20/2019 at 9:23 PM, fonemanbob said:

Now THAT is living on the edge! Best of luck! ….and enjoy the cruise ?

• 2 weeks later...