Sorrentos whole pies....

kittysoul

Matt mentioned as one of his 'hacks' on the youtube live last night, that you could have Sorrentos make your own special pizza, exactly how you like it.  So, do they then give you the whole pizza... like the pan to take to a table... or do you just get a piece or two of it...  do they have pizza boxes, so you can take it with you?

On my previous cruises, typically they would not make 'whole' pizzas for folks. But that could be just like everything else with Royal... it just depends. lol. 

BUT..... our 'hack' around that was we would order a 'Gluten free' pizza.... which, BTW is actually pretty darn good. If you ordered that.... they would cook you the whole pizza and give it to you. But it came on a foil like tray; and not in a box. So had to try to sneak it back to the cabin ASAP so the late night drink package folks didnt stop and ask me a million times how we got a whole pizza. lol. 

So, perhaps if you tell them you have a 'dietary' restriction, they will make you a whole pie how ever you would like it. 

Give it a try either way, never hurts to ask. 

1 minute ago, vanelli56 said:

On my previous cruises, typically they would not make 'whole' pizzas for folks. But that could be just like everything else with Royal... it just depends. lol. 

BUT..... our 'hack' around that was we would order a 'Gluten free' pizza.... which, BTW is actually pretty darn good. If you ordered that.... they would cook you the whole pizza and give it to you. But it came on a foil like tray; and not in a box. So had to try to sneak it back to the cabin ASAP so the late night drink package folks didnt stop and ask me a million times how we got a whole pizza. lol. 

So, perhaps if you tell them you have a 'dietary' restriction, they will make you a whole pie how ever you would like it. 

Give it a try either way, never hurts to ask. 

Awesome idea!  THanks for the tip!! ?

6 minutes ago, vanelli56 said:

and not in a box. So had to try to sneak it back to the cabin ASAP so the late night drink package folks didnt stop and ask me a million times how we got a whole pizza. lol. 

you will have to remember to pack abig folded up sheet of aluminum foil next time! haha  I think i might have to remember to do that too... 

When I asked to build my own pizza, I thought I would receive a fresh dough that they used for their regular pies, but I was unpleasantly surprised when the lady pulled out a dried crust from under the counter. I ended up just getting the standard pepperoni slice. On my next RCI cruise, I will try this method.

21 minutes ago, CruiseGus said:

never thought of trying to order a whole pizza, I just normally look like a glutton and order 5 or 6 slices

Same until I heard Matt's tip the other day so will be asking for it in September!

7 minutes ago, ellcee said:

They're tiny slices tho.

LOL, I agree but what about the 5 cookies I add on top of the 5 slices of pizza ?