2 CoCo Cay Stops - Different Pricing

Here's an interesting one....I just checked cruise planner for my Mariner cruise that added the additional CoCo Cay stop in place of the sea day.

On Day 2 (first CoCo Cay stop), the waterpark is $105 CAD.  Ouch.

On Day 4 (second CoCo Cay stop), the waterpark is $118 CAD.  Double ouch.

From those days, on day 2 we are the only ship, and day 4 we share with Navigator.

So is this a way for Royal to force people to purchase on day 2 and then lessen crowds on day 4 when there is already another ship?  Wonder what Navigator's price is on that day?

31 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

From those days, on day 2 we are the only ship, and day 4 we share with Navigator.

When's your sailing? I'm on Navigator September 13th. Right now the Thrill full-day passes are only $47.99 USD. We're there on September 14th. Not sure if we're there on the same day as another ship (how do you check that?).

1 hour ago, Ala_Paul said:

When's your sailing? I'm on Navigator September 13th. Right now the Thrill full-day passes are only $47.99 USD. We're there on September 14th. Not sure if we're there on the same day as another ship (how do you check that?).

Check this web site out for what ships will be in port with you. This has all ports and how many people will be there that same day.

http://ships.cruisett.com/

4 hours ago, Matt said:

I'm curious how that works as well in terms of if they are using price to manage crowds.

I'll be there September 25th, I'll be on Navigator, Grandeur will be there as well for a port load of 6281. Cabana prices went sky high shortly after they opened. Water park prices have been above the $50 mark for most of the time. I'm curious what the prices were for the people on Grandeur. 

I will report back on how the crowd management was with a higher load than an oasis class ship, assuming I can drag my coco loco medicated self out of my chill island cabana (thankfully booked before the price went nuts).

4 hours ago, Ala_Paul said:

Mariner on Aug 31, 2020, which is last week in the summer for us.