Symphony of the Seas 10/12/2019 Star Loft Suite! Star class experience!

Royalnewbie96

We ended up with the more "catering" side of things as @AshleyDillo referenced when we were on Anthem.  On our next opportunity, we know now to push for food to be delivered from a specialty restaurant.  That's what we really wanted, but our Genie heard party and went into planning mode.  It turned out amazing, with great food, bartender in suite, and "invitations" printed.  It was above and beyond what we were expecting.  It was a great experience, just having done it, we would go more casual with meat planks or sushi and a bartender.  I will say that having a bartender was very inexpensive.  I think around $10 per person, which is next to nothing when you consider drink prices.  It's a great way to spend some OBC if you have it, since that can be difficult in Star Class.  @WAAAYTOOO had great advice.

It was very nice to be the bookend of the cabin crawl and have everyone in the suite.  It was a lot of fun, and a nice way to end the crawl.  

11 minutes ago, betatke1480 said:

It was very nice to be the bookend of the cabin crawl and have everyone in the suite.  It was a lot of fun, and a nice way to end the crawl.  

Our very first time in SC we traveled with friends who were also in SC.  The cabin crawl started in our ATS with food, champagne and beer and ended in their Star Loft with food and wine.  All of the crawlers were completely blown away !

That was a great Genie cruise.  We had Reyno (the first time we had him) and the boys had Alexandra (who is no longer with Royal, unfortunately).  They worked so well together.

2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Some Genie's misunderstand the "party" concept and will try to give you a quote list with a bunch of different services to throw parties in your room.  

Our Genie on Anthem wasn't helpful at all in trying to organize anything

This is really unacceptable.  Which Genie was it ?  There is absolutely no reason to pay anything. Surely this was a new Genie....

5 minutes ago, Royalnewbie96 said:

From everyone’s experience, how quickly do the Royal genies typically get back to you precruise? 

That all depends on the genie. Some are better at pre-cruise communication compared to others. I have heard that Sunil is quite efficient though so you should be ok. 

12 minutes ago, Royalnewbie96 said:

From everyone’s experience, how quickly do the Royal genies typically get back to you precruise? 

I’ve always had very good luck with the Genies getting back to me within 24 hours.  Obviously, their primary attention is with their current families but they have always gotten back to me in a very reasonable length of time.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/17/2019 at 5:22 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

This is really unacceptable.  Which Genie was it ?  There is absolutely no reason to pay anything. Surely this was a new Genie....

Last month on Allure, when we asked for light snacks for our cabin crawl, Jay told us it could be arranged but we'd have to pay for it.  Our friends in the Owner's Panoramic suite were also told this by Agostina.  Maybe, it was due to our cabin crawl being such a large group.  I do believe there was 59 participants. 

12 hours ago, Tiffeven said:

Last month on Allure, when we asked for light snacks for our cabin crawl, Jay told us it could be arranged but we'd have to pay for it.  Our friends in the Owner's Panoramic suite were also told this by Agostina.  Maybe, it was due to our cabin crawl being such a large group.  I do believe there was 59 participants. 

10 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Maybe they have decided they’re not going to allow parties in the suites anymore.  I’ve certainly never had a Genie tell me that would charge us but maybe things have changed.

Or it is like all things Star Class (and Royal), it is entirely ship/genie dependent.  If there was one overall takeaway that I learned from sailing Star Class, it's that.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/20/2019 at 11:42 AM, Royalnewbie96 said:

My first ever cruise and we are going all out! Me, my best friend and her sister are going on Symphony of the seas on October 12/ 2019! We are staying in a 2 Bedroom Aquatheatre Suite and are so excited to see what this trip has to offer! I will be keeping everyone up to date here! 

So @Royalnewbie96, How was your first cruise? How was the Star Class experience?