Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Why does royal caribbean only gear hosted activities/events towards couples, families and kids? 

Just returned from a western caribbean cruise (empress of the sea)  very disappointed. Did 

not have a good time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, mcala said:

Why does royal caribbean only gear hosted activities/events towards couples, families and kids? 

We were on an Allure cruise.  There was an organized group of 650 singles.  They had many events throughout the week. 

Were you looking for RC organized singles meet ups?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Were you traveling solo? I cruised last month with my best friend (I am married, she is not) so it certainly wasn’t a ‘family’ or ‘couples’ cruise for us. Just hitting the pools and going to the bars - neither of us are heavy drinkers - we met plenty of people. I even went to lunch solo in MDR when we were at sea and opted to be seated with another solo diner... just to have someone to talk to. But we’re both fairly extroverted people (she much more than I). 

Any vacation is going to be what you make of it. Sorry you didn’t have a good time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What were your expectations? I travel a bit solo, work and personal and don't have this problem.

My only issue with RC is their solo centered trivia - every time I went it was couples and groups. Harder to meet people that way. Plus, I'm competitive so it annoyed me people had a better chance of getting the correct answers when there was one of me and 2+ for them. Besides that, I didn't feel that way anywhere else. I know traveling by myself means by myself so anyone I meet is a bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, DunkelBierJay said:

The smallest ship may have something to do with limited activities in this area...time of year that you're sailing too...

Good catch that the OP was on Empress. This goes back to one of the important things I always discuss about picking a ship and understanding what a ship offers and does not offer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, mcala said:

 

You have found the right place to ask question, this message board is great, it you had found it pre-cruise maybe your expectations would have been different.

Going forward, if you choose Royal for another cruise, you can ask questions on here and get answers that will help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BunnyHutt said:

Were you traveling solo? I cruised last month with my best friend (I am married, she is not) so it certainly wasn’t a ‘family’ or ‘couples’ cruise for us. Just hitting the pools and going to the bars - neither of us are heavy drinkers - we met plenty of people. I even went to lunch solo in MDR when we were at sea and opted to be seated with another solo diner... just to have someone to talk to. But we’re both fairly extroverted people (she much more than I). 

Any vacation is going to be what you make of it. Sorry you didn’t have a good time. 

I'm trying to imagine 2 solo cruisers sitting at the same table but both are introverts haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TJ! said:

I'm trying to imagine 2 solo cruisers sitting at the same table but both are introverts haha.

I meant my girlfriend is more extroverted than I am, lol. She even managed to find the only single, age-appropriate, straight man on the boat. 😉 But my dining partner for that meal was 6 drinks and post nap #1 into the day at 12:30pm, so it was certainly an interesting meal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw a single's ping pong tournament.... only one person signed up.... the score was very one sided!

JK!

Its definitely cruise dependent. Probably way more singles on the larger boats. But given that 99% of most cruises (and the cabins them selves) are 2 or more people, that doesnt lead to very big groups of 'singles'. But once again... its all about the numbers.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, vanelli56 said:

Saw a single's ping pong tournament.... only one person signed up.... the score was very one sided!

JK!

Its definitely cruise dependent. Probably way more singles on the larger boats. But given that 99% of most cruises (and the cabins them selves) are 2 or more people, that doesnt lead to very big groups of 'singles'. But once again... its all about the numbers.   

Imagine he still ended up losing the tournament hahah *disqualified for abusing substances and cheating*😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...