Refreshment Package Refund

dahdoul44

I have purchased the refreshment package already but I might consider upgrading to the Deluxe Beverage Package once on board the first day.  My question is, will they refund me the amount I paid for the Refreshment Package to our on board account and then charge me for the Deluxe Package? I do not want to cancel the Refreshment yet in case i choose not to go with the Deluxe. One of the other reasons I do not want to  book it ahead is that we have $500 on board credit waiting for us when we board.  Thanks for any info you can provide.

You will need to cancel the Refreshment package in your cruise planner and then purchase the Deluxe Beverage Package.

You're going to pay MUCH more if you wait to purchase it on board. You do not need to wait to be on board to use your OBC. It can be used to make Cruise Planner purchases.

Once you cancel the refreshment package, your credit card will be refunded in about 2-3 days.

32 minutes ago, SPS said:

You will need to cancel the Refreshment package in your cruise planner and then purchase the Deluxe Beverage Package.

You're going to pay MUCH more if you wait to purchase it on board. You do not need to wait to be on board to use your OBC. It can be used to make Cruise Planner purchases.

Once you cancel the refreshment package, your credit card will be refunded in about 2-3 days.

Unfortunately it was a gift card that was given to us and can only be applied to OBC, there is no way to use it in the planner.

Also, we are sailing this coming weekend and I had someone who is sailing now on the HOTS upload a picture of the first day Cruise Compass and the "deal" for the Deluxe Package was as much as in the Cruise Planner. 

Currently in my planner it is $61/day ($122 for 2 people)  and on the ship it was BOGO at half off for $82/day ($123 for 2 people) so not really any difference  at all.  I thought it would be a big difference as well.

51 minutes ago, Matt said:

If you elect to upgrade on the first day, they should just charge you the difference.

That is what I was hoping would happen so i could then use the OBC towards it.  I guess I will wait and see and if I can't cancel on board I just might have to drink a few less cocktails...lol

Thanks!