Laser Tag - Symphony

karl_nj

Laser Tag on Symphony -- I've been reading some recent Cruise Compass here, and they mention that reservations are required, but it wasn't clear to me how to reserve?  Will I be able to reserve on the app once I'm onboard, or do I need to go someplace in person for that?

21 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

We reserved as soon as we boarded (in comedy club next to studio B).  They didn't have a ton of openings but we got in for a sea day later in the week....but also got in a few other times by stand by.  Enjoy.  It's lots of fun.

P.S. - Make sure you have closed shoes.

Thanks, I'll head over in that direction when I board.  How did you know to go there?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2019 at 9:02 PM, WannaCruise said:

We reserved as soon as we boarded (in comedy club next to studio B).  They didn't have a ton of openings but we got in for a sea day later in the week....but also got in a few other times by stand by.  Enjoy.  It's lots of fun.

P.S. - Make sure you have closed shoes.

Just wanted to add some "lessons learned" to the thread, in case anyone uses the search function in the near future.

We ended up going down to "The Attic" (comedy club) to get help booking laser tag.  They were also helping people book everything else, like the shows or the escape room.  The person helping us wasn't very good and didn't seem to really know what she was doing, so it took a while.  At first she tried booking the escape room and not laser tag.

I had checked the app when I boarded, but I wasn't able to book it myself.  After learning more about the app, I should have instead done the following:

1.  connected to ship wifi
  2.  went to Daily Planner, select filter "Show All"
  3.  hit the "refresh" button to update all of the events
  4.  find laser Tag: Battle for Planet Z and find the day/time I wanted
  5.  hit Reserve Now and booked it

I'm not 100% sure this will work on day 1, since I wasn't able to try it, but I think it should.

If you are not connected to ship wifi, then Reserve Now is greyed out.

If you are connected to ship wifi, then you connect to the app server on the ship.  This is the most up-to-date server.  If you book anything onboard, then only the server on the ship appears to be updated.  Pre-cruise, or if you are onboard and not connected to ship wifi, then you connect to a land side server, which only has things that you have booked before the cruise.

Generally on day 1 I don't connect to ship wifi, since we are in port in the US, so this caused a bit of confusion.

In addition, it seems that each cabin needs to book laser tag independently.  Not sure why, but this was also a limitation that staff had when they booked it from their tablets.  So if you have two rooms, it would be best to have two phones available, with logins for one person in each cabin.  This also caused a bit of confusion for me.  When I checked my app, I only saw my wife and I booked for laser tag, not my kids.  For all other shows and events, i could see that everyone was booked.  Then I checked the app on my mothers phone, but she was not on ship wifi yet, so it looked like my kids were not booked for laser tag.  But once I logged into the ship wifi, then I could see the booking.