Back to the FUTURE of private islands - Mariner of the Seas August 30, 2019

Matt

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Unfortunately, I had to cancel this sailing. 

The logistics of the extended sailing combined with a hurricane that seemingly will never end means we cannot go.  Or at least, it's not the responsible thing for us to do.

Sorry to hear, I do feel you made the right choice. For your exact situation I would have done the same.

31 minutes ago, Matt said:

Unfortunately, I had to cancel this sailing. 

I The logistics of the extended sailing combined with a hurricane that seemingly will never end means we cannot go.  Or at least, it's not the responsible thing for us to do.

I just had to cancel also for basically the same reasons

I can say from personal experience now, it's one thing to cancel a cruise, but quite another to cancel on the day you are supposed to board. 

A lot of emotions and frustration, which is obvious since cancelling months in advance doesn't allow the cruise to become "real" yet. 

Alas, thanks for following and hoping things will work out for a new live blog for my Mariner of the Seas September 20 sailing.

37 minutes ago, Matt said:

I can say from personal experience now, it's one thing to cancel a cruise, but quite another to cancel on the day you are supposed to board. 

A lot of emotions and frustration, which is obvious since cancelling months in advance doesn't allow the cruise to become "real" yet. 

Alas, thanks for following and hoping things will work out for a new live blog for my Mariner of the Seas September 20 sailing.

Sorry to hear but understand. Being in North Florida the unknown is nerve racking for us too. Fingers crossed no issues for that cruise. We are also on that sailing. 

17 hours ago, josepena12 said:

@Matt it was for the best since the Hurricane wants to spend a few days in Florida. I was checking Periscope for a few hours thinking I was missing your scopes, before I though of checking the message boards. You’ll be on another cruise soon enough.

Thanks, that last part of your message is what keeps me going! That and the coffee.