Bottomless Galley Brunch

BigBrust

The wife and I did this on Oasis in June, to me I would not do it again. The Galley tour lasted all of about 10 mins. They took thru where they make up the shrimp cocktails and salads for dinner and the fruit plates for the suite guests and then walked us thru the main galley where the main dishes come off the line then back out to the dinning room for your brunch. as for the brunch, only had 3 choices and never given the opportunity to place a second order, service was very slow. The best part about it was meeting and talking with the people that was sitting at the table with us for brunch.  This is just my opinion of course, others may have had a better experience. 

Agree with the above poster.  I did not feel like the galley tour was all that worth it.  The brunch was typical MDR food, I was always trying to flag down someone with champagne.  

The shrimp on the salad / meat cheese buffet was nice but overall i didnt feel this was any better lunch than the MDR dining room lunches.

I did the galley/brunch on the AOS and Serenade and had a great time both times. Maybe because it was a smaller ship, the tour was at least 1/2 hour- we stopped and talked to the different stations, asking questions etc. I agree that the brunch itself was not extraordinary- it was good. Had a few mimosas and met wonderful, interesting people. I think the staff/guide can  really make a difference- if they're into it and upbeat the experience can be worthwhile.

My family of six did this on Allure last April and was disappointed in the tour.  There were at least 25 people in our tour group, including a couple in wheelchairs. There was only one tour guide who didn't speak loud enough for anyone in the back to hear (not that she didn't try) and the cramped quarters made it really hard on the wheelchair riders to get around.  We had to wash our hands at one point, but no one worried about hair nets.  I'll never forget seeing this girl in front of me with long bushy hair dangling over the bread dough machine.  The brunch afterwards was decent, and it was nice to eat in another area of the MDR than for dinner.  

I've never done the Bottomless Galley Brunch. Not really all that interested in touring a kitchen.

However, the all you can eat Champagne Brunch we had on Grandeur was fantastic. All you can eat included Lobster tail, Filet Mignon, eggs benedict, a full buffet of breakfast foods, champagne, mimosas, peach and strawberry bellinis, bloody marys, and more. The brunch took place in Chops for $30PP.