Royal Frustration

AGSLC5

Let me start by saying I Love Royal Caribbean cruises. BUT dealing with Royal before the cruise is so frustrating. I don't normally do this but I just don't understand them sometimes. I need to book a reservation at Chops Grill of course I try to do it in the cruise planner online BUT I am linking other people from another reservation and the computer keeps saying error and doesn't want to let me. So I decide to just call. I pick the option to book specialty dining shore exertions etc etc.. After 20 min someone finally answers. I let them know that I want to book Chops and their response is oh I am sorry I am not the person who can book that.. Really? Then why did Royal route me to you in the first place when I picked the option for specialty dining. Its just so frustrating dealing with them!! I don't normally rant like this but for some reason this drove me crazy!! Lol.. Ok Rant over 

15 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I hear ya.  I have had similar dealings with them from time to time.  The worst is when you are only hold forever and then they transfer you and hang up on you.  That is maddening!  

That is what ended up happening to me lol... Like I said I normally don't rant about them but like you said the experience was maddening! The only saving grace. I logged into my friends cruise planner account and for some magical reason his worked and I was just able to book it online. Go figure I will never understand the Magic that is Royal's IT department. 

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

Call Crown and Anchor, they do it all.  

I actually thought of that after.. Most of the time I don't even have this problem because I book Unlimited dining.. And I actually will be booking Unlimited dining for this cruise but Its Thanksgiving so I wanted to book Chops Separately so I was sure I would get a reservation. 

7 minutes ago, AGSLC5 said:

I actually am a travel agent.. 

That's the problem right there....you didn't start the conversation off properly...it should have wen't like this....

You -  This is (Insert Name & Travel Agency) and i would like to book a dinner reservation for one of my clients for Chops restaurant.

RCCL- Sure, we can do this for you and your client, What ship, date and time would you like.

You - date and time.

RCCL- We have that available, name...

You - Name given

RCCL -  Wait...that's you..Correct?

You -  Yes it is, Thanks, much appreciated..gotta go! ?

3 minutes ago, mworkman said:

That's the problem right there....you didn't start the conversation off properly...it should have wen't like this....

You -  This is (Insert Name & Travel Agency) and i would like to book a dinner reservation for one of my clients for Chops restaurant.

RCCL- Sure, we can do this for you and your client, What ship, date and time would you like.

You - date and time.

RCCL- We have that available, name...

You - Name given

RCCL -  Wait...that's you..Correct?

You -  Yes it is, Thanks, much appreciated..gotta go! ?

Correct! I must try that next time... Oh let me tell you booking dining for a big group takes hours.. I literally spent 7 hours on the phone with dining to book a group of 15 people. 

3 minutes ago, AGSLC5 said:

Correct! I must try that next time... Oh let me tell you booking dining for a big group takes hours.. I literally spent 7 hours on the phone with dining to book a group of 15 people. 

Yeah I cringe when I have to ask my TA something I know is beyond basic.  It will take her hours with Royal.  Other cruise lines not so much, but Royal can be a Royal Pain for TA's.  

2 hours ago, AGSLC5 said:

So that's RCL doing it's passengers, their TAs, and themselves a huge disfavor!  It's very bad business.  When I get to be CEO I'll make fixing this my top priority!  VOTE FOR ME...  ?

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Yeah I cringe when I have to ask my TA something I know is beyond basic.  It will take her hours with Royal.  Other cruise lines not so much, but Royal can be a Royal Pain for TA's.  

Yeah, but you really aren't asking for "beyond basic".  It should be simple to book dinner reservations.  So simple that a TA should not even need to be involved!  RCL simply needs to fix their website to book dinner reservations (and everything else)...

We booked two rooms this month on Harmony and often ran into the same issue on the cruise planner. One day it would link them perfectly while other days we would get the error. Of course the latter would always happen when there was something worth booking!

kind of glad now that I didn’t bother calling, hope everything worked out!

19 hours ago, twangster said:

But you know what... that is part of what you are getting when you book with a Travel Agent.  Yes it may put us on the phone for long times, but that is our jobs.  We know how to multi-task and get several things done at one time, and we love being able to know we saved you the client time so you can enjoy your cruise and not worry about the planning process