Special Surprises!

Vanessa77

Hi all! 

So after a while of waiting to see what was going to happen, it has been decided that my partner isn’t going to be able to join us at embarkation of our cruise in December. The good news is that he will be flying to our first port of call and joining us there! (Despite our TA initially just saying no, that isn’t a thing that is done, and me having to send them two links directly from the RC website saying it was available by request, but that is another story...)

anyways. I was thinking that it might be nice to organize some surprises for him on board, both for when he arrives and just in general through the remaining part of the cruise. 

So far I am thinking some sort of treat and drink situation in our room when he embarks, and maybe a dinner reservation later on. 

What surprises have you organized before? Or what do you reccomend? Keen to hear some ideas! 

Ship will be Voyager of the Seas, and it’s a Christmas cruise.

thanks! 

@KathyC Yep, I am all over the cruise planner, however I don't know if it has the full offerings of what is on board yet, as we're still 120+ days away.

I guess I am thinking ideas that may not be included in the cruise planner, or that maybe aren't even things that you purchase or have someone else organize on your behalf.

On 8/18/2019 at 8:43 AM, KathyC said:

The only thing we did was order a birthday cake for my husband, which was delivered saying Happy Anniversary instead, LOL

OMG, that's awful.  What did your husband think?  I wonder if the other person received his birthday cake instead of their anniversary cake, or they just got in wrong all together ?

Was the cake in a box or under a covered tray?  Can you tell me what flavor the cake was (options), and how it tasted?  I would love to see a picture if you have one.

TIA (thanks in advance)

14 hours ago, raahc said:

OMG, that's awful.  What did your husband think?  I wonder if the other person received his birthday cake instead of their anniversary cake, or they just got in wrong all together ?

Was the cake in a box or under a covered tray?  Can you tell me what flavor the cake was (options), and how it tasted?  I would love to see a picture if you have one.

TIA (thanks in advance)

It was on a room service tray.  I'll see if I can find a picture this weekend.  

My hubby thought it was funny, and didn't want to send it back.  The little card said happy birthday though...

9 hours ago, KathyC said:

It was on a room service tray.  I'll see if I can find a picture this weekend.  

My hubby thought it was funny, and didn't want to send it back.  The little card said happy birthday though...

Oh that would be great if you have the time, thank you!

On 8/18/2019 at 8:43 AM, KathyC said:

The only thing we did was order a birthday cake for my husband, which was delivered saying Happy Anniversary instead, LOL

On our cruise in April, we got to our room to see chocolate covered strawberries with a note saying "Happy Anniversary". Our dating anniversary is in August and we aren't even engaged yet let alone married! Not sure how it happened but I love me some chocolate covered strawberries so I wasn't mad about it.

On 8/18/2019 at 4:27 AM, Vanessa77 said:

Hi all! 

So after a while of waiting to see what was going to happen, it has been decided that my partner isn’t going to be able to join us at embarkation of our cruise in December. The good news is that he will be flying to our first port of call and joining us there! (Despite our TA initially just saying no, that isn’t a thing that is done, and me having to send them two links directly from the RC website saying it was available by request, but that is another story...)

anyways. I was thinking that it might be nice to organize some surprises for him on board, both for when he arrives and just in general through the remaining part of the cruise. 

So far I am thinking some sort of treat and drink situation in our room when he embarks, and maybe a dinner reservation later on. 

What surprises have you organized before? Or what do you reccomend? Keen to hear some ideas! 

Ship will be Voyager of the Seas, and it’s a Christmas cruise.

thanks! 

What TA did you go through?

Just now, Vanessa77 said:

@TJ! we used a company called Flight Centre. It’s an Australian chain. My mum booked the cruise, and she lives in a country town nowhere near the sea, let alone the cruise port we’re departing from. I think she simply didn’t know as it’s not a very common thing. 

Thanks for the info!

I'm going through my first TA ever actually discovered on this very blog here called MEI Travels.

Love them so far.

Now that they have  discontinued red velvet cupcakes what they do have does look that inviting.  I have surprised the wife on many a cruise but not on our next cruise in 2 weeks.  You could tell the head waiter to surprise him one night at dinner. That is done a lot more lately.  I may do that this time as well.

2 hours ago, KathyC said:

I looked and couldn't find it, sorry.  I feel like I am missing a whole bunch of pictures from that trip.  

Oh no worries, thank you for taking the time to look!  I hope you are able to find them for yourself though!