Crown and anchor pin

We made platinum prior to our cruise last year.  We also thought the pin would be in our cabin at check-in. It was not.  We stopped by the Loyalty Ambassador desk to ask about it. The ambassador gave a skeptical look when we explained it wasn't in our cabin, but gave us our pin anyway.   We flung a bit of confetti as we left the office.

Enjoy your cruise and congratulations on your platinum status!

12 hours ago, Zeashore said:

We made platinum prior to our cruise last year.  We also thought the pin would be in our cabin at check-in. It was not.  We stopped by the Loyalty Ambassador desk to ask about it. The ambassador gave a skeptical look when we explained it wasn't in our cabin, but gave us our pin anyway.   We flung a bit of confetti as we left the office.

Enjoy your cruise and congratulations on your platinum status!

LOL we got one of those looks once, when we stopped by to say we had someone else's name on our sheet.  They happened to be Diamond and we were newly Emerald so we wanted the Emerald benefit sheet.  It had someone else's name with our room number.  After being given the look, I produced the sheet and my seapass card.  Her face changed, she gave me the Emerald sheet.  It was our first cruise as Emerald and I mentioned that as the reason why I wanted the correct sheet so we knew what our new benefits were.  Did she offer the pin?  No.  My husband asked about that as we were leaving and she reluctantly handed it over. 

3 hours ago, Zeashore said:

Maybe they think the pin is actual platinum, emerald or diamond filled.  Good grief!

Kathy C, do you port out of Cape Liberty much?  We are looking at that now that air fare has doubled.  Tia.

We try to as much as possible.  So far, we've done Explorer, Quantum, Adventure out of Bayonne.  We're on Summit in October, then Empress & Anthem next year.  You can also look at Grandeur out of Baltimore, not that far of a drive for you, as well as the seasonal ship out of Boston.  We did Serenade from Boston last year, as well as Grandeur earlier this year. Both ports are great ports.  

When our kids were younger, we'd drive to Florida to cruise and combine the trip with a week in WDW.  So most of our cruises were from there for a long time.