Thrill Waterpark Cabana Access

cmqq

Greetings!

I'm going on a cruise in February with 10 people:  My parents, my family of 4 (2 kids), and my sister's family of 4 (2 kids).  We are debating getting a cabana inside the Thrill Waterpark, but I have two questions I've been struggling to find the answer to.  I've never gotten a cabana before, so please excuse my ignorance:

1.  The cabanas say they are for 6 people, but is that a hard limit or just what they would fit comfortably?  We'd basically just be looking for a place for a couple people at a time to relax, and a place to keep some of our stuff.  Could we make a single cabana work, or would the staff prevent us from giving 10 people access to a 6-person cabana?

2.  My parents have no interest in the "water park" portion of the Thrill Waterpark.  They would enjoy being around the rest of the group so they could help watch the grand kids and such, but they have no interest in the slides, wave pool, etc.  Would they still need to buy passes to the Waterpark in order to access the cabana area, or is access only checked at the point of the attractions.

Ideally what we'd like to do is get a single cabana inside the Waterpark and have all 10 of us have access to it, but only pay for 8 Waterpark passes while my parents sit in the cabana the whole day.  Is that a go or no go?

Thanks for the help!

11 minutes ago, cmqq said:

Ok, thanks for the info @DJsMrs .  What about if my parents stayed on the ship and just 8 of us went to the waterpark?  Would the 8 of us be able to use the same cabana, or would it be limited to 6 people by the staff?

You will probably only be given 6 VIP cabana wrist bands but I don't think the staff will give you a hard time especially since all 8 of you probably won't be there at the same time.  There really isn't enough space for 8 people at once.  I would assume they would only bring food and drinks over for the 6 but they may make an exception if you ask nice and tip generously.  

2 hours ago, cmqq said:

Would they still need to buy passes to the Waterpark in order to access the cabana area, or is access only checked at the point of the attractions.

Thrill waterpark cabana does come with six water park admissions. But if your parents are above and beyond that number, yes, they would need to pay for admission.