Harmony: Captain's welcome party & Top Tier Event

raahc

I'm looking at a current cruise compass on the RCI app and it lists the Captain's Welcome Party and Top Tier Event - 45 minutes

The description says: The Captain invites all guest to a welcome reception held in their honor and Crown and Anchor Society event.  It's a great photo op, so don't forget your camera.

1/  From what I read, this is for all guests?

2/  Has anyone attended one?  I'm creating a planner and there are so many activities I'm trying to fit in, so I need to be selective (lol), and want to know what goes on?

3/ Re: great photo op .. does that mean we can take pictures with the Captain?  I'm keeping to a budget, and would rather not line up for the photo op they usually have on a formal night for a fee

TIA (thanks in advance)

The Captains welcome party is usually on the first formal night and it will be held in the promenade, yes, a professional photographer will be available to take a picture with the Captain if you want, you do not have to purchase the picture. I believe they are usually serving champagne also.

The Crown and Anchor top tier event is usually held on one of the first sea days, there is a minimal C&A level that can attend, I can't remember what level, if you qualify you will have a special invitation delivered to your cabin for the day and time.

I believe for the Top Tier event it is usually for Platinum or above.  We enjoy them.  Usually have a limited selection of free drinks. They introduce several of the ships officers and the guests with the most cruise points.  We feel like it's a nice extra perk and usually only last 45 minutes or so.  As mentioned if you qualify you'll get an invite card in your room when you board giving you the time and place.

1 hour ago, tiny260 said:

The Captains welcome party is usually on the first formal night and it will be held in the promenade, yes, a professional photographer will be available to take a picture with the Captain if you want, you do not have to purchase the picture. I believe they are usually serving champagne also.

The Crown and Anchor top tier event is usually held on one of the first sea days, there is a minimal C&A level that can attend, I can't remember what level, if you qualify you will have a special invitation delivered to your cabin for the day and time.

I think I just read it wrong, and saw the "The Captain invites all guests" as meaning everyone.  I was confused that they would combine it (welcome everyone) with the top tier event ?

39 minutes ago, Razerbkfan said:

I believe for the Top Tier event it is usually for Platinum or above.  We enjoy them.  Usually have a limited selection of free drinks. They introduce several of the ships officers and the guests with the most cruise points.  We feel like it's a nice extra perk and usually only last 45 minutes or so.  As mentioned if you qualify you'll get an invite card in your room when you board giving you the time and place.

Thanks for explaining.  That sounds like a nice event, in which case, I still have a ways to go to reach that level ?

5 hours ago, raahc said:

I'm looking at a current cruise compass on the RCI app and it lists the Captain's Welcome Party and Top Tier Event - 45 minutes

The description says: The Captain invites all guest to a welcome reception held in their honor and Crown and Anchor Society event.  It's a great photo op, so don't forget your camera.

1/  From what I read, this is for all guests?

2/  Has anyone attended one?  I'm creating a planner and there are so many activities I'm trying to fit in, so I need to be selective (lol), and want to know what goes on?

3/ Re: great photo op .. does that mean we can take pictures with the Captain?  I'm keeping to a budget, and would rather not line up for the photo op they usually have on a formal night for a fee

TIA (thanks in advance)

The other posts have answered your questions, but here is my tip from several voyages.  The wine or champagne served isn't that great, so snag some non-alcoholic drink, like orange juice, and blend it in.  I have had some really bad (sour) wine at CAS functions, and I've never been able to find out why.   I actually now prefer a rum punch or other mixed drink.  For the Captain's welcome, it's usually just champagne, but typically on the dry side.   So if you have a soda card, maybe get something to mix with it.....

1 hour ago, ChessE4 said:

The other posts have answered your questions, but here is my tip from several voyages.  The wine or champagne served isn't that great, so snag some non-alcoholic drink, like orange juice, and blend it in.  I have had some really bad (sour) wine at CAS functions, and I've never been able to find out why.   I actually now prefer a rum punch or other mixed drink.  For the Captain's welcome, it's usually just champagne, but typically on the dry side.   So if you have a soda card, maybe get something to mix with it.....

Oh that's so sweet, thank you.  

I don't drink much alcohol or pop, but those are good tips!