Early Morning (6:30 am) excursion time

Finally Retired

RC just changed our excursion time to a 6:30 a.m. excursion from something more reasonable.  This is for a Salmon Fishing excursion from Radiance of the Sea next week.  Checked with RC about this and they indicated provider has eliminated the later excursions - my guess not enough interest.  This is the only time available. 

Has anyone taken this O'dark Thirty excursion?

Question:  What time would we end up leaving the ship to get there that early or does the excursion "start" time mean the time we gather to go to the excursion site?  When the heck would we eat breakfast?  Bring something back from dinner to eat in the a.m.?

2 minutes ago, Finally Retired said:

RC just changed our excursion time to a 6:30 a.m. excursion from something more reasonable.  This is for a Salmon Fishing excursion from Radiance of the Sea next week.  Checked with RC about this and they indicated provider has eliminated the later excursions - my guess not enough interest.  This is the only time available. 

Has anyone taken this O'dark Thirty excursion?

Question:  What time would we end up leaving the ship to get there that early or does the excursion "start" time mean the time we gather to go to the excursion site?  When the heck would we eat breakfast?  Bring something back from dinner to eat in the a.m.?

Your tickets in your stateroom will indicate the "muster" time, which is generally 15 minutes earlier, but some excursions gather at the pier.  You know your estimated port arrival time, and if it says 7 AM, I'd bet you are meeting inside.  But if it says 6 AM arrival, you may be on the pier.   At any rate, you need to check the hours of the meal venues (cruise compass) to see when they open.  If you can't grab something quickly on your way to your meeting, then I'd get something the night before that you can keep in your room "cooler", if you have one.  Some coffee places open at 6:30 and others are 6 AM, so I refer you back to a recent cruise compass. 

1 minute ago, ChessE4 said:

Your tickets in your stateroom will indicate the "muster" time, which is generally 15 minutes earlier, but some excursions gather at the pier.  You know your estimated port arrival time, and if it says 7 AM, I'd bet you are meeting inside.  But if it says 6 AM arrival, you may be on the pier.   At any rate, you need to check the hours of the meal venues (cruise compass) to see when they open.  If you can't grab something quickly on your way to your meeting, then I'd get something the night before that you can keep in your room "cooler", if you have one.  Some coffee places open at 6:30 and others are 6 AM, so I refer you back to a recent cruise compass. 

Thanks so much.  I hadn't thought about checking the port arrival time, still fairly new to cruising and it never really mattered before because I don't usually book anything before 9:)  I'm taking along a few ziplocks just in case I get an urge for a late night cookie or snack so I'll be sure to have one available in case i need it for some morning goodies!

@Finally Retired Which port of call? We fished every port about 4 weeks ago. Pre-cruise outside of Anchorage (Rusts Flying Service to McDougall Lodge for Lake Creek fishing), Juneau (RCCL fly-out fly fishing), Skagway (private charter - Never Monday Fishing Charters), Icy Strait (RCCL Stream fishing), Ketchikan (RCCL Knudson Cove Salmon Fishing). @HeWhoWaits is correct, the lack of darkness at 6:30 AM will make it much more bearable. We loved this trip SO MUCH! We will be booking as soon as July 2021 is released for Alaska.