Cocoa Beach Shuttle (to terminal)

kittysoul

Has anyone out there used the Cocoa Beach Shuttle  service?   We are flying  into Cocoa Beach 3 nights early, via Melbourne airport, and staying on Cocoa Beach before cruising on Harmony.  This shuttle seems like it would be great for us, as it will pick you up at the airport...take you to the cocoa beach hotels or to the Cruise terminal...and back to the airport .    From what i can tell it is 58. for 2 people to ride between airport and terminal..... and 6 each to go from the hotels over to the terminal... which seems great to me...  Just wanted to see if anyone out there could vouch for them...?   Thanks! ?

We used them in October 2018 but we only used them locally. We parked and left our cars at my in laws town house in Cocoa Beach( We live just outside of Orlando). It was cheaper to pay for the shuttle than pay the daily parking rate at the cruise terminal for two cars.   We made a round trip reservation when I called and they took all our cruise information.  The shuttle picked us up and dropped us off at the cruise terminal that morning.  Only issue we had was the original shuttle dispatched was running behind schedule.  When I called to see why they were late, they apologized and sent a separate shuttle to pick us up.   We had a shuttle to ourselves.  We were picked up only 20 minutes late from our scheduled pickup time.    At the end of the cruise, they were there waiting for us when we got off the boat.  They actually called us to make sure we were still needing to be picked up as we seemed to be one of the last groups to disembark.   The drivers were polite and courteous.   We will use them again when we cruise.  I can not say how they are for the airport pickup but locally they were great.  

11 hours ago, kittysoul said:

Has anyone out there used the Cocoa Beach Shuttle  service?   We are flying  into Cocoa Beach 3 nights early, via Melbourne airport, and staying on Cocoa Beach before cruising on Harmony.  This shuttle seems like it would be great for us, as it will pick you up at the airport...take you to the cocoa beach hotels or to the Cruise terminal...and back to the airport .    From what i can tell it is 58. for 2 people to ride between airport and terminal..... and 6 each to go from the hotels over to the terminal... which seems great to me...  Just wanted to see if anyone out there could vouch for them...?   Thanks! ?

We used them from our motel, which had a park and cruise option.  The drivers were courteous - one gentlemen could handle suitcases, but one female driver couldn't.  We didn't wait very long at pick up -- we missed one shuttle by 5 minutes and the next one was 15 minutes later.  I can't really comment on the airport run.  I'd say the main point would be to clarify where you will pick up the shuttle at disembarkation, as there are multiple vehicles all saying Cocoa Beach Shuttle.

1 hour ago, MotleyCruiser said:

Here's what I would do... flying in to Melbourne Airport, rent a car for three days, drive it everywhere, drop everyone off at the ship, return the car solo 1 1/2 miles away, take their free shuttle back to the ship, save money.

Capture1.JPG

this is a really awesome idea!  I have looked at the rental car idea  a little bit, but had not figured out where the drop offs would be ...so THANK YOU for that info...is GOLDEN!!  I will definitely look at doing this... would sure make the Kennedy Center trip especially , a lot easier!   You ROCK!  ?

I agree with Matt.  REPRICE. It is a little bit of a pain if you're the one returning the vehicle but it's better that the cattle call on a shuttle that will most likely stop at every hotel on A1A. I used Budget and returned to that actual location on Astronaut Blvd. I also returned to that location after the cruise and picked up a car and dropped it the next day at MCO Orlando International.

I also recommend the rental car option.  We have done that on our last 3 cruises and will do it for the way back on our upcoming.  We have used several different car companies (budget, hertz, and Alamo).  Price check often and search for coupon/discount codes.  We have never had an issue and it has been great to be able to go to the beach, food, store, etc on our own and whenever we want.