Oasis Wipe Out Bar

tzb

hello all. does anyone know if they are getting rid of the wipe out bar on deck 16 of oasis during the 2019 update? the reason i ask is that the deck plan on RC's website shows it being there pre-update but not post-update. i can't imagine they would get rid of it since both harmony and symphony still have it there.

we really hope they keep it. this is one of our favorite features on oasis; so much so that we specifically remarked how much we missed having a bar at the same spot on freedom during sail away on the first day, as well as any time we left a port of call.

thanks in advance!

30 minutes ago, tzb said:

hello all. does anyone know if they are getting rid of the wipe out bar on deck 16 of oasis during the 2019 update? the reason i ask is that the deck plan on RC's website shows it being there pre-update but not post-update. i can't imagine they would get rid of it since both harmony and symphony still have it there.

we really hope they keep it. this is one of our favorite features on oasis; so much so that we specifically remarked how much we missed having a bar at the same spot on freedom during sail away on the first day, as well as any time we left a port of call.

thanks in advance!

The revised deck plans were posted here & also by Matt.  It looks at each deck and talks about each change. I will see if I can find the thread here and tag you in it.  But If my memory serves me correctly, yes it is going bye bye and being replaced with the multi-level Lime & Coconut Bar.  It'll be just as good if not better! 

thanks. i was looking at the deck plans on RC's website. i find it weird that they would replace it OR get rid of it since the newer harmony and symphony both still have it (and also have the ultimate abyss). it's a pretty big space and they would have to/want to do something with it. while i can't wait to check out the lime and coconut, it is way farther forward and there is something special about having the wipe out bar where it is with the specific view and all.

57 minutes ago, tzb said:

thanks. i was looking at the deck plans on RC's website. i find it weird that they would replace it OR get rid of it since the newer harmony and symphony both still have it (and also have the ultimate abyss). it's a pretty big space and they would have to/want to do something with it. while i can't wait to check out the lime and coconut, it is way farther forward and there is something special about having the wipe out bar where it is with the specific view and all.

We'll have to see - maybe it's just been left off the deck plans by accident.  Matt will be on the first sailing post-dry dock, so he can report back! 

8 minutes ago, KathyC said:

We'll have to see - maybe it's just been left off the deck plans by accident.  Matt will be on the first sailing post-dry dock, so he can report back! 

I hope it IS just an accidental oversight! Thanks again.

11 hours ago, KathyC said:

Okay I tagged you in the deck by deck thread.

So my memory is not correct.  Wipe Out Bar is gone due to Ultimate Abyss.  But check out the Lime & Coconut - it'll be great!! 

D16.jpg

According to Matt's blog you are correct.  The Lime and Coconut Bar is replacing the Sky and Mast bars...and UItimate Abyss is replacing Wipe Out Bar.

there is room for both the ultimate abyss and the wipe out bar to be there. the ultimate abyss is there on harmony and symphony...and so is the wipeout bar. the wipeout bar is built into and sits under the tower at the back of the ship.

16 minutes ago, tzb said:

there is room for both the ultimate abyss and the wipe out bar to be there. the ultimate abyss is there on harmony and symphony...and so is the wipeout bar. the wipeout bar is built into and sits under the tower at the back of the ship.

I was thinking same thing. I wonder if perhaps the deck plans simply omitted the Wipeout Bar