Alarm Clocks?

4 minutes ago, Chaosgirl426 said:

Is there an alarm clock in the room? if not, can someone recommend a LOUD alarm clock that i could find at maybe a wal-mart or target? Thanks guys

I like to use wake up calls especially on sailings where the time may change.  You never know if your phone will actually adjust to the right time at the right part of the cruise.  

52 minutes ago, Chaosgirl426 said:

We are not getting the wifi package and will therefore be keeing our phones off for the entirety of the trip ? I forgot to mention that!! we usually use our phones as alarm clocks for daily purposes though.

Just put your phone in airplane mode.  Then you can use your normal alarm clock, take pictures, and access the RC App (depending on ship) to get your menus, daily schedule, and more.

7 hours ago, craig403 said:

We always use the telephone in our cabin to set a wake up call.  Do not try to use an electric clock on the ship.  It will not keep actual time.  Has something to do with the ships electric power varying in frequency so is not constant. 

?????????   is there some documentation on this?  If this was the case I would anticipate there being fires DAILY in staterooms when people plug in their laptops, SLR's, Cell Phones etc.

People used to say Dont plug your devices into airplane plugs for the same reason, its a total myth though.

17 hours ago, Chaosgirl426 said:

Is there an alarm clock in the room? if not, can someone recommend a LOUD alarm clock that i could find at maybe a wal-mart or target? Thanks guys

I find the wake up call very loud, which helps us get up early on disembarkation day in order to have breakfast before we carry our luggage off the ship.  Other than that, my snoring appears to be sufficient to wake up my wife, and if I get up before her,  I am like @Vacation Crazy and walk the ship before the rest of the ship is up.  Good time to use my coffee card....

12 hours ago, marti314 said:

?????????   is there some documentation on this?  If this was the case I would anticipate there being fires DAILY in staterooms when people plug in their laptops, SLR's, Cell Phones etc.

Don't confuse voltage/current with frequency.  Ship frequency isn't a standard constant of 60 HZ per second like it is in your home therefore electric clocks don't run properly.  Not a big deal,,,,except for clocks.  ?  

9 hours ago, craig403 said:

Don't confuse voltage/current with frequency.  Ship frequency isn't a standard constant of 60 HZ per second like it is in your home therefore electric clocks don't run properly.  Not a big deal,,,,except for clocks.  ?  

Interesting, yea i was thinking if the voltage or current was not consistent we would have all kinds of problems.  Thanks

On 8/14/2019 at 5:36 PM, Atlantix2000 said:

Just put your phone in airplane mode.  Then you can use your normal alarm clock, take pictures, and access the RC App (depending on ship) to get your menus, daily schedule, and more.

I never put my cell phone in airplane mode, and I have never received even a penny of unexpected data charges. It's really simple - make sure things like data pushing and data roaming are turned off, and boom...no need to put it in airplane mode.

12 minutes ago, Zacharius said:

I never put my cell phone in airplane mode, and I have never received even a penny of unexpected data charges. It's really simple - make sure things like data pushing and data roaming are turned off, and boom...no need to put it in airplane mode.

I do the same thing, and have never had any issues to date!