MA and NV will have TWO stops at CocoCay

3 hours ago, Andrew3232 said:

Breaking news! There will be some sailings on the Mariner of the Seas and in the Navigator of the Seas  with two stops at a perfect day at CocoCay. It’s a pilot, and it’s only available on some selected 4 night sailings. 

Ooooh, I hope that did that with our Navigator sailing! 

That's how/where they make their money....I have been stating all along here that CocoCay is now just a huge money grab for Royal.

if they implement this 2 stop option on their short cruises, be interesting to see how well it works out. I would prefer a sea day over a 2nd day at the same place...but that's just me....

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2019 at 7:41 AM, monctonguy said:

That's how/where they make their money....I have been stating all along here that CocoCay is now just a huge money grab for Royal.

if they implement this 2 stop option on their short cruises, be interesting to see how well it works out. I would prefer a sea day over a 2nd day at the same place...but that's just me....

I, too, prefer a sea day. Yes, I can choose to stay on the ship but it isn't the same. They offer so many activities on sea days. If the ship is docked in Coco Cay, they most likely will not offer these options because they want you on the island spending $. Additionally, docked ships do not have the wonderful sea breezes and views from our balcony! I have been to Coco Cay twice now (June & July), so speak from recent experience. We choose our itineraries to go other places and just happened to end up at CC. 

3 hours ago, Sea Turtle said:

I, too, prefer a sea day. Yes, I can choose to stay on the ship but it isn't the same. They offer so many activities on sea days. If the ship is docked in Coco Cay, they most likely will not offer these options because they want you on the island spending $. Additionally, docked ships do not have the wonderful sea breezes and views from our balcony! I have been to Coco Cay twice now (June & July), so speak from recent experience. We choose our itineraries to go other places and just happened to end up at CC. 

This is exactly how I feel too.  We love sea days and as you say, there will be less activities going on the ship, even if we don't get off the ship on the second CoCO Cay day.  Plus, I really enjoy when the ship is moving and just watching the waves go by.  So won't be the same.  Not complaining too much as it's still a cruise, and we have others booked, but if this was our only one, then we may have cancelled and booked another one in its place.

I think this drives at the reason people cruise to begin with. For us, it's 70% plain getaway based on length (days missing work) and price and then 30% where the ship is going. I like Labadee and CoCoCay for the ease of getting on and off and the included amenities, but I understand others are looking to travel to other places or at least have days at sea. I would agree that a day at sea sounds more enticing than a second day at CoCoCay, but we'll see if we're in a sizable enough portion to sway RCCL.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/14/2019 at 6:41 AM, monctonguy said:

I could not NOT agree any more. MONEY. GRAB. Its one thing to go for one day... but 2?  

One of 2 things  is happening... 1. There are a lot less people shelling out their (RCCL) ridiculous fees for their water park and $500 cabanas than they thought would... and by going again they have a better chance of generating that revenue.  2. By being at the island 2 days instead of 1 they can have less activities on the ship... Also saving $$$... I already miss Great Little Stirrup Cay!

We picked this cruise because it was balanced and had at least one sea day. We really love Sea days and those specialty lunches while at sea. Now there won't be an't when on Coco Cay...

Instead we have 2 days at Coco Cay on a sold out ship at the same time as the Mariner of the Seas on both days. So at least 2 full ships will be there at the same time. Wonder if any other ships will be there then...

I bet those at the water park will be mad as hell when they have to wait 1 to 2 hours to ride on their 14 story slide... and it gets darn hot out There!  And if you don't go early it may not be east to find good seats.

THE BIGGEST INSULT IS THIS COMPANY LINE... we made this move for your cruise because of Dorian and having to make changes... what a load... they sent letters to us BEFORE Dorian even happened and our ship was not going to Grand Bahamas to begin with...

I'm very disappointed with RC to say the least... I WANT MY SEA DAY BACK DANG IT