Aqua Theatre 2 bedroom, was this room a mistake?

I have been planning a cruise with my friend and her sister since January. We are sailing on symphony of the seas October 12 2019. We were originally booked in the star loft suite 1722. An Aqua Theatre 2 bedroom opened up and we discussed how it might be beneficial for us to have the separate bedrooms for privacy and the sister would be more comfortable in a bed. I personally also love the wake view and we were interested in seeing the shows from our balcony. Now I’m reading some reviews about noise, the 17th floor having more of a “wow” feeling and that the aqua theatres are sub par to the Star loft with the view of the shows being “outside of all the action and too high up”. Can anyone give some insight on if we made the right decision? 

We just got back from the Allure of the seas and given that they are similar I would say you shouldn't have a problem. My cousin and her young sons (4 and 1) stayed at that level and they didn't have any noise issue from the daily shows when the doors were closed. Now... they are correct in that you won't have the same "wow" factor as deck 17... that's a restricted deck and special key needed to even go up to it. It all depends what it is you want to accomplish... we personally did not/do not spend enough time in our room to warrant a suite in floor 17.  Also... Aqua theatre repeats their shows so once you see the show from your room is a "one and done" kind of a thing.  We decided for a ocean view balcony on the other side of the ship so we could have room service breakfast or late night snack. I do not regret it. It wasn't super fancy.... but it was just right for us. Ultimately is your choice. 

I have stayed in both rooms and I think you will love the ATS especially if you are on deck 8. My primary objection is the walk all the way aft. It is a LONG way back there. But the views and the balcony are second to none.  There is some exterior noise in the ATS during performances but it’s not excessive and I find the activity of the ATS very exciting. Your reasoning about having a second bedroom is sound. It’s much nicer to have a private bedroom (even though it is small) than to have a made up couch downstairs. I don’t know if you’re considering having a party but there is nothing as impressive as a deck party from the ATS. The Star Loft is impressive but does not come close to the WOW factor of the ATS.  We choose deck 17 now for the convenience but we have never regretted out cruises from the ATS (3)

I actually prefer the ATS 2BR over the 17th floor rooms.  I love the wrap around balcony and being able to watch the shows.  I didn't find it noisy at all.  We were on the 8th floor and the balcony immediately outside of the master bedroom looks directly out at the ocean and you can't even see the aquatheater from right there.  Then you walk around the corner and you have that wake view..and then even further around the balcony there is a bar-top height seating area that you can sit and watch the aquatheater shows and practices.  The rock wall is right there at the end of the balcony, and that was fun to watch but it does make the aquatheater side of the balcony not completely private.  However with the doors shut you really don't hear any of that inside the cabin.

The views from the loft suites and the huge two-story window is pretty amazing, but I think the ATS is amazing as well..but just for different reasons.

The biggest drawback is that are you aren't right there by the Coastal Kitchen/Suite Lounge so it isn't as convenient to pop over there.  Some folks also feel they do miss that exclusivity of the 17th floor, but that's not really my thing at all.

I find myself in a similar position as I have stayed in the lofts but I have two aqua theater suite bookings in the near future.  I personally love Deck 17 from the "Wow" factor to the exclusivity and the convenience of being so close to CK/Suite lounge.  Small details that I love are that the hallways are wider and quieter.  We actually booked an ATS for March 2019 and ended up going to Deck 17 for those reasons. 

That being said, I know for a fact that there are many out there who swear by and love the ATS and would choose them any day over the lofts.  The reason why I have two booked in the future is also because we want that separation from our kids (who come with us) and the second bedroom will provide that.  But I will admit that I am slightly anxious (not sure if that is the right word) about giving up the loft.  Bottom line is that I think there are real advantages to both.  It really comes down to personal preference.

Last thing about the noise...Those who have stayed in the ATS have said that you can only hear the shows when you are on the balcony or living room area.  When you are in the bedrooms, people have said that it is pretty quiet.

Hi RoyalNewbie96, I am on the same cruise with you.  See you in 58 days....  Never stayed in an aquasuite, but have been on Allure and the ship is going to be Awesome.  We ended up doing two balconies for our family of 5.  I am excited to have two bathrooms for everyone that tends to want to get ready at the same time.  This Blog is amazing to answer every question you have.  Don't hesitate to reach out to anyone on the BLOG or myself if you have any questions, someone has an answer.

43 minutes ago, ColoradoCruiser said:

Hi RoyalNewbie96, I am on the same cruise with you.  See you in 58 days....  Never stayed in an aquasuite, but have been on Allure and the ship is going to be Awesome.  We ended up doing two balconies for our family of 5.  I am excited to have two bathrooms for everyone that tends to want to get ready at the same time.  This Blog is amazing to answer every question you have.  Don't hesitate to reach out to anyone on the BLOG or myself if you have any questions, someone has an answer.

That’s awesome! Hoping for good weather and even better memories! I am sure I will have loads of questions in the next few weeks!