Save a Sea Turtle Experience Cozumel

Yo2slick

Has anyone been on this excursion?  We booked it but have read a lot of reviews about stopping at a few tourist traps along the way and they dont even release the turtles until evening time.  Excursion is from 9:30 to 1:30 so Im wondering if its more tourist traps then actually working with sea turtles.....  Any advise?

• 1 year later...
On 8/13/2019 at 12:42 PM, Yo2slick said:

Has anyone been on this excursion?  We booked it but have read a lot of reviews about stopping at a few tourist traps along the way and they dont even release the turtles until evening time.  Excursion is from 9:30 to 1:30 so Im wondering if its more tourist traps then actually working with sea turtles.....  Any advise?

I am looking at this excursion for August.  Did you do it?  ?

7 minutes ago, LCinPDX said:

I am looking at this excursion for August.  Did you do it?  ?

Yes!  It was an amazing time!  The entire group saved over 100 turtles and we released them into the ocean.  There is a stop on the way back that was pretty cool.  Its a demonstration of the Mayans way of life and they have a Tequila tasting as well.  Just be ready to dig in the sand as deep as you can reach with your hands, those nests are pretty deep!   

20190827_113456.jpg

20190827_113911.jpg

6 minutes ago, LCinPDX said:

Wow! You sold me for sure.  Was there any time afterward to go snorkeling?  I would love to try and do both, because Cozumel has amazing marine life.  Thanks for the photos!

I believe we had a couple of hours after the excursion before we had to be back on the ship but after being in the sun the entire day and doing a little shopping we were beat.  

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
8 hours ago, JetRocket said:

@Cactus527 did you get a refund for the cancellation yet? Mine was cancelled around same time. Still waiting.

I just went and checked after reading your question. No, it has not refunded to me yet. It's been...3-4? business days since the cancellation, so I'm guessing it will pop up next week.