Harmony of the Seas & Wonderland

DandA

We are sailing on the Harmony this coming February and are considering trying Wonderland.  This will be our 4th cruise and have been satisfied with the offerings and experiences in the MDR.   The reason for Wonderland is for the unique experience more than the food. The only specialty restaurant that we have done was the Lobster Brunch at Chops on the Grandeur and really weren't impressed with that experience.

1.What is the cost of Wonderland on the ship and it is easy to get a reservation when you board? 

2. Currently our cruise planner has a Chops +1. Can the +1 be Wonderland?

3. And to those who enjoy Chops. What is it you like about Chops? 

3 hours ago, DandA said:

1.What is the cost of Wonderland on the ship and it is easy to get a reservation when you board? 

The last time I looked in my cruise planner, it was still sitting at $49pp.  But I have not looked since the beginning of July at Dining.  With all the talk about Drink packages spiking, I'm not sure if dining has been affected as well.  I would personally not wait till you get on board.  I'm sure you could still get a reservation but why not make it now in your cruise planner?  What would be the advantage of delaying?

3 hours ago, DandA said:

2. Currently our cruise planner has a Chops +1. Can the +1 be Wonderland?

As far as I know, yes.

3 hours ago, DandA said:

3. And to those who enjoy Chops. What is it you like about Chops? 

I've done Chops twice on Harmony.  My personal favourites there are:  Lavender Tonic (but you can get that at Trellis Bar), Mushroom Soup, Filet, Lobster, Seafood Tower, and their Red Velvet Cake.  Hubby also loves their cheesecake. 

9 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

The last time I looked in my cruise planner, it was still sitting at $49pp.  But I have not looked since the beginning of July at Dining.  With all the talk about Drink packages spiking, I'm not sure if dining has been affected as well.  I would personally not wait till you get on board.  I'm sure you could still get a reservation but why not make it now in your cruise planner?  What would be the advantage of delaying?

As far as I know, yes.

I've done Chops twice on Harmony.  My personal favourites there are:  Lavender Tonic (but you can get that at Trellis Bar), Mushroom Soup, Filet, Lobster, Seafood Tower, and their Red Velvet Cake.  Hubby also loves their cheesecake. 

Thanks for the info, do you mean that Wonderland is offered as an option on your Cruise Planner?  We've done Oasis once but this is our first time on Harmony.  I'm still 6 mo out and it is not showing as an option yet, I am showing a Chops +1.     I don't normally get beef out as my son and I split a black angus cow every year; so i get plenty of red meat at home and it's hard to beat the quality that we get.

7 minutes ago, DandA said:

Thanks for the info, do you mean that Wonderland is offered as an option on your Cruise Planner?  We've done Oasis once but this is our first time on Harmony.  I'm still 6 mo out and it is not showing as an option yet, I am showing a Chops +1.     I don't normally get beef out as my son and I split a black angus cow every year; so i get plenty of red meat at home and it's hard to beat the quality that we get.

Yes. Wonderland was an option in my cruise planner for Harmony, Anthem, and Symphony this year.

9 hours ago, VanessaV said:

Sailing on Harmony in September and the Wonderland price for our sailing is $55 per person. I'm not an adventurous eater but made a reservation for my parents via the cruise planner.

Thanks for the information, we are wanting to try Wonderland for the unique experience, but at $49-$55pp I would probably go with the 3 night package at $99 to get the better deal.  The only thing holding me back is that we have enjoyed the traditional MDR experience.  But who knows once we try specialty dining that maybe our new favorite way to dine.