Photo package

bokx2

From my understanding the photo package is tied to the cabin and not a specific person.  The only exception is for minor children who aren't in the same cabin.

Royal tries to use facial recognition technology for this, so if you want to get any non-minors from the second cabin into the photos then someone from the purchasing cabin needs to also be in that photo.  

Word of WARNING if you're getting the pre-paid digital photo package -- you should still review your pictures at the Picture Desk during the cruise!!  Make sure they have the pictures you knew were taken.

On a recent sailing on Symphony I bought the pre-paid digital photo package for our 3 cabins.  I wanted to save a little money by pre-paying, and also let everyone have as many pictures taken as they wanted without thinking about it.  A few days after the cruise I received an email with a link to the pictures from Cabin A, nothing for Cabin B or C.  There were only 18 pictures for Cabin A, even though I knew we had taken many, many more.  For the pictures that I knew of for the 3 cabins, we were missing at least 30-40 pictures, including our "Welcome Aboard" pictures. 

After calling RCCL Customer Support, they said that for photos I need to contact a company called Our Cruise Photos (ourcruisephotos.com).  I have exchanged some emails with their customer support and they said they were contacting the people on Symphony to look for the missing pictures.  I sent them pictures of the people in the cabins so they could try some facial recognition with them.  Now, their customer support is no longer responding, so I'm assuming the pictures are never going to be found.

This was the first time I had pre-paid for photos.  If I had not pre-paid for the photos and all those photos were still missing, then I would have been disappointed, but I would not be out the money.  Needless to say, I won't be pre-paying for photos again. 

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

From my understanding the photo package is tied to the cabin and not a specific person.  The only exception is for minor children who aren't in the same cabin.

Royal tries to use facial recognition technology for this, so if you want to get any non-minors from the second cabin into the photos then someone from the purchasing cabin needs to also be in that photo.  

That's odd, then why do they ask for your cabin number??

15 minutes ago, MotleyCruiser said:

That's odd, then why do they ask for your cabin number??

Because facial recognition is a hot mess and probably not very accurate.  I know you can go and search through your photos and be missing ones you know you took but then have random strangers in there as well.