Need Suggestions for Excursions

ecarswell

Much thanks for all the help with our first cruise.  We are going on our first cruise in June 2014-on Enchantment of the Seas.  One day at Coco Cay and one day in Nassau.  

I need suggestions for good and reasonable excursions.  We are a family of 4- two adults, and two girls (ages 20 and 18).  Was considering snorkeling for the Coco Cay day.  But am not sure about Nassau.  We have never been.

Any suggestions welcome!!

Just got back from same cruise on the 20th.  Our detail report is in discussion items "Enchantment Bahamas".  We had planned on parasailing in Coco Cay, but due to bad weather it wasn't safe to operate tenders and we did not get to stop there.  In Nassau, we did the Tru Bahamian Food Tour -- suggested by Shawn another blog member.  We found it excellent and one of the best tours ever.  If you like food, want to know the culture, and history of Nassau and the Bahamas, that's the tour.  We have been there 4 times and learned more on this tour than all other trips combined.  $69 per person as I recall, 7 food tasting stops in great off the tourist track local restaurants.  All are immaculately clean, the food is great, and the friendliness of the owners fantastic.  Our tour group was 10 with a family of 4, family  of three, one single, and ourselves.  Very enjoyable people.  If you choose to go, ask for Murray as your guide, he was fantastic.  www.trubahamianfoodtours.com  It's not a Royal Caribbean tour, but ran and operated as well or better.  The meeting place is easy to find and only about 3 or blocks from the ship -- ask for directions at the pier after disembarking.  Tour duration is 3 hours, but ours lasted 3 1/2 to 4 -- extended only with the groups permission.  What ever you do, enjoy.

There are lots of options for Nassau. As part of your reservation online with RCI, you can preview, read up and see pricing on all the excursions they offer at each location you will visit. Outside of that, there are many others you can research online or get some info on some of the other travel messageboard sites.

I will suggest, that even if you don't choose a paid excursion in Nassau, there will be lots for you and your girls to do. There is a huge straw market there, lots of tourist shops to visit. Many resturants and bars to relax at and enjoy. There are beaches that are free to visit, with live music and cheap drinks at the bars there right on the beach.

I am going back for a 2nd time to Nassau and won't be booking any excursion's as I still didnt get to see everything and go everywhere I wanted to on my own the first time.

And of course, there is Atlantis that has all kinds of packages and options for visiting. However, some of those can cost as much per person as I paid for my whole cruise....no thanks!

I enjoy walking around Nassau and doing a self-guided walking tour.  It's worth seeing the Queen's staircase, the fort (I forget the name), Columbus' statue and other landmarks within walking distance of the ship.

I also like the shops near the pier with lots to see and buy.  It's far from the most exotic port you will ever visit but I always find it fun.  Even if you just go there for the morning and return to the ship for lunch.

If you want a beach in Nassau, I agree with others about Atlantis.

I enjoy walking around Nassau and doing a self-guided walking tour.  It's worth seeing the Queen's staircase, the fort (I forget the name), Columbus' statue and other landmarks within walking distance of the ship.

I also like the shops near the pier with lots to see and buy.  It's far from the most exotic port you will ever visit but I always find it fun.  Even if you just go there for the morning and return to the ship for lunch.

If you want a beach in Nassau, I agree with others about Atlantis.

Matt,

This sounds like a good option....and within my budget!  Is there maps/literature available that we can look at and just plan our own excursion with things that are in walking distance?  

Thanks so much!!

Matt,

This sounds like a good option....and within my budget!  Is there maps/literature available that we can look at and just plan our own excursion with things that are in walking distance?  

Thanks so much!!

Try this walking tour, looks to me like it covers most of what you need to see https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=212915410434543012134.0004943ae4a62b8cf9961&msa=0&ll=25.078505,-77.343214&spn=0.018619,0.033023