Royal Poker Tour

bokx2

They hold qualifying tournaments throughout the cruise (usually on sea days) with the final on the evening or afternoon of the last sea day.  If they have enough Entry money to cover the cost, the first place prize is a seat in the final tournament (usually held in early December on one of the big ships) and the complimentary 7 night cruise for 2.  If they do not get enough Entry fees to cover the cost of the cruise + tournament entry, they just give cash prizes to the top few winners.

Dan won a satellite tournament years ago and we went on the free cruise and he played in the final tournament.  He went out the first day and we were able to thoroughly enjoy the rest of our cruise without the stress of worrying about the tournament !

I came in second once and got about $1200 as I recall.

We rarely even enter anymore. 

19 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

They hold qualifying tournaments throughout the cruise (usually on sea days) with the final on the evening or afternoon of the last sea day.  If they have enough Entry money to cover the cost, the first place prize is a seat in the final tournament (usually held in early December on one of the big ships) and the complimentary 7 night cruise for 2.  If they do not get enough Entry fees to cover the cost of the cruise + tournament entry, they just give cash prizes to the top few winners.

Dan won a satellite tournament years ago and we went on the free cruise and he played in the final tournament.  He went out the first day and we were able to thoroughly enjoy the rest of our cruise without the stress of worrying about the tournament !

I came in second once and got about $1200 as I recall.

We rarely even enter anymore. 

I just won a satellite tournament on the Allure last week and won a Cruise on the Oasis in November 2020 as well as a seat in the Royal Poker Finals tournament on the Oasis.

17 minutes ago, VinceC said:

I just won a satellite tournament on the Allure last week and won a Cruise on the Oasis in November 2020 as well as a seat in the Royal Poker Finals tournament on the Oasis.

Congratulations !  What’s the date of the RPT sailing on Oasis in 2020 ?  We are on Oasis on 6 Dec 2020.  Hadn’t even thought about the fact that it might be a poker cruise !  Matter of fact, we are on Oasis THIS year Dec 1.

19 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Congratulations !  What’s the date of the RPT sailing on Oasis in 2020 ?  We are on Oasis on 6 Dec 2020.  Hadn’t even thought about the fact that it might be a poker cruise !  Matter of fact, we are on Oasis THIS year Dec 1.

In 2020, the Oasis is November 29, 2020, switch to one week prior and you will be on it, or in it

47 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Also, you picked the wrong ship this year.....

The 2019 event will be held on board the amazing Harmony of the Seas, sailing from Port Canaveral on December 1st 2019. Prize money is expected to be in excess of $100,000.   http://www.theroyalpokertournament.com/