Specialty dining with kids

Kwevans

20 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Book for the adults. Add the kids once on board. That is the only way to get children pricing. It’s $10 for your 12 year old.

Thank you!!  I thought I had heard there was a way to get children's pricing but I couldn't remember. 

Now, does anyone have an opinion on the Hibachi restaurant? Good? Bad? Not worth it? Is everything priced separately or do you pay one fee?  We like the MDR but I thought we might like to change it up this next time. 

14 minutes ago, Kwevans said:

Thank you!!  I thought I had heard there was a way to get children's pricing but I couldn't remember. 

Now, does anyone have an opinion on the Hibachi restaurant? Good? Bad? Not worth it? Is everything priced separately or do you pay one fee?  We like the MDR but I thought we might like to change it up this next time. 

See this review by @Matt. It’s from Harmony but same idea. We liked Hibachi. You get quite a bit of food. And the kids love the “show” part of it.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/09/26/review-izumi-hibachi-harmony-of-the-seas

17 hours ago, Kwevans said:

Now, does anyone have an opinion on the Hibachi restaurant?

The food is good and you get plenty of it, but you're really paying for the experience -- same as on land-based hibachi places. 

Personally, I would never pay full price for it because it's a lot cheaper to have the experience on land.  I'll do it when it's included in a dining package or if I'm part of a group that wants to do it.

On 8/12/2019 at 7:13 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Book for the adults. Add the kids once on board. That is the only way to get children pricing. It’s $10 for your 12 year old.

For all restaurants except Izumi Hibachi, this is great advice.

For Izumi Hibachi, I advise you to book the kids at the adult price.  Once onboard the restaurant will refund the difference for the kids price as onboard credit.

Reason I recommend this is seating for Izumi Hibachi is very competitive. If you follow Sabrina's advice, I fear there will not be seating available for your kids.

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

For all restaurants except Izumi Hibachi, this is great advice.

For Izumi Hibachi, I advise you to book the kids at the adult price.  Once onboard the restaurant will refund the difference for the kids price as onboard credit.

Reason I recommend this is seating for Izumi Hibachi is very competitive. If you follow Sabrina's advice, I fear there will not be seating available for your kids.

Great advice! I did not think of that exception.