Post cruise survey

This question: 

‘Were you asked by any crew member onboard this voyage to provide positive ratings/reviews on this survey”.     The dining crew were all sharing to make sure you do the survey but they didn’t specifically say ‘positive’.   I don’t want anyone in trouble and I certainly want to give credit to everyone individually as everyone was fantastic!!!!  

I’m just confused as to what they are looking for here.   Did they want crew to share, and will they be docked if I say no, since they said please do the survey if you were happy.   Or will they be docked if u say yes. 

They work so hard and everyone was great!

1 hour ago, GlowTheWeird said:

They mentioned the survey yes, but they didn’t mention giving a ‘positive rating’ so then is the truth no. Haha

This was the logic I used. Yes, we were asked to complete the survey but never were asked specifically for positive ratings... only honest ones. 

3 hours ago, GlowTheWeird said:

This question: 

‘Were you asked by any crew member onboard this voyage to provide positive ratings/reviews on this survey”.     The dining crew were all sharing to make sure you do the survey but they didn’t specifically say ‘positive’.   I don’t want anyone in trouble and I certainly want to give credit to everyone individually as everyone was fantastic!!!!  

I’m just confused as to what they are looking for here.   Did they want crew to share, and will they be docked if I say no, since they said please do the survey if you were happy.   Or will they be docked if u say yes. 

They work so hard and everyone was great!

I agree with @BunnyHutt  and @GlowTheWeird . You only say "yes" if they told you to mark a 10 or some specific number.  Royal wants the crew to encourage survey responses.  Yes, everyone should complete the survey so that the data are more reliable, and hopefully, valid.  What Royal doesn't want is someone trying to coerce you into giving a high rating.   Early on in the cruise the wait staff should say that they want to exceed your expectations, and they should find out what you really like so that they can excel.  So it is important to give the staff feedback along the way.    I have been at the other side of all this -- trying very hard to get surveys turned in to improve the program I directed.  We used to say that feedback is a gift....

My only criticism of the Royal surveys is the lack of a section for comments, like at the very end.   They ask for names of staff members, but I couldn't find a way to say 3 to 5 important things about the cruise.   That is what they are missing...they only seem to go down that road for Coco Cay.

I agree it depends on context, but usually when someone does mention the survey they usually heavily hint the survey directly impacts them. While I rarely hear "give us positive comments or we're fired" anymore, they do tend to make it obvious they want us to be positive. 

So to answer the OP, if someone mentions the survey, I answer "yes" to that survey question.

I had a chat with our head server last year on Anthem about this. He didn't exactly ask for a high rating, just for us to complete the survey truthfully. But he did tell me that after a number of consistent high ratings there is a reward. They get a day off. And to them that's like a treasure chest of gold.

1 hour ago, Fuzzywuzzy said:

I had a chat with our head server last year on Anthem about this. He didn't exactly ask for a high rating, just for us to complete the survey truthfully. But he did tell me that after a number of consistent high ratings there is a reward. They get a day off. And to them that's like a treasure chest of gold.

Yes! I had spoken to one of the crew about the same, they get time off preference the higher the ratings so I really wanted to do them right by it.  I am probably over thinking it but also, I don’t like the wording of it