We're in a suite and our kids are not - will this be a problem?

Hi everyone!!

I searched for an answer to my question but was unable to find it, so I figured I'd start a new post with the specifics:

My wife and I are sailing in June 2020 on the Harmony along with our children (ages 12 yrs, 12 yrs, and 9 mos) and her parents (7 guests total). Currently we have a 1BR Grand Suite and an ocean view balcony room physically next to each other on deck 12. As far as the reservations go, I have the 4 adults listed in the suite (so we can get the associated perks) and the kids listed in the other room.

My question is whether there are going to be any problems with half of our party having suite benefits if the other half doesn't? My main concern is that we can all can get on/off the ship together, and move around the ship as a family when it comes to attractions, shows, etc.

Has anyone else been in a situation like this? Thanks in advance for any help!!

JG

If you have connecting rooms, you are allowed to put the kids in there without an adult. That is Royal’s rule. 

As far as suite benefits go, it should not be a problem seeing that they are children but be mindful of the fact that they technically do not have to extend it to them. And just don’t take advantage or misuse anything. 

1 hour ago, KWofPerth said:

Wow, I think you've got away with one there. Nice.

Sorry, not sure about the suite perks.

It was actually Royal's idea.  We had all four of us in one balcony room, and the upgrade fairy called us one day offering us two adjoining balconies for 2 for no additional cost.  They moved the kids into one room, and had us in the other.  I'm trying to remember how old the kids were at the time...I'm thinking 10 & 12 or 13 & 15.  I lose track in my old age.

On RCCI kids can have a separate room so long as adults are in the room next door or directly across the hall. They don’t even need to be connecting. Our cruise we have 3 rooms for the 6 of us. The 4 kids have interconnecting and we have the room next door. They are all teenagers but RC will let any age so long as location rules are followed. Not sure I would be happy if kids were younger but it suits us for now. They all 13-16. This was the main reason for choosing a cruise and RC ?

10 hours ago, dodgestang said:

Not even sure how you could have booked a room with only minors in it.

On RC If they booked a room with only minors in the room that is a connecting room/ across the hall to one with the adults in the room that is acceptable to cruise lines and since the kids room is right next to/or is a connecting room leading into the adults room/across the hall and then their does not have to be an adult in the kids room. THE KIDS ROOM AND THE ADULTS ROOM HAVE TO BE COnnecting rooms.

I don’t think you will have any issue getting off and on the ship being the non suite guest are minors.  You may however have problems when it come to shows Activities and coastal kitchen. I doubt anyone will question the baby but your 12 year olds may be told they don’t have access to these perks.