Just Off Adventure. Brief report.

Returned yesterday from the New England/Canada cruise on Adventure. Total wait time at Cape Liberty terminal was about a half hour between entering and boarding. Went right to the Windjammer for lunch. Everything was good, much like it is on Anthem just a little smaller. Had 2 hours till cabin access so we went to the Lyric Theater to kill time. Saw Dumbo. Cabin was found to be clean, plenty of room for 2 (Spacious Ocean View Balcony). Asked for some ice, cabin attendant (Ajay) kept us in ice the whole cruise. Food in MDR was excellent. No complaints. Ate there 5 days, actually went to Windjammer on the last night as I knew they were having "Seafood Extravaganza" and American fare. Overdosed on seafood. All the ports were great, tendering at Bar Harbor was quick and painless. Saint John and Halifax are fabulous places to visit too. Most of our excursions were as advertised and worth the cost. Except one. I will cover that in that section of the blog.Onboard entertainment was well done. Shows by the ships singers and dancers were great. Nice ice skating show.  A Journey cover band named DSB  was the best I've ever seen. They were spot on. So many people at the 7 o'clock show came back to the 9 o'clock show that it was SRO! There were 2 hilarious comedians with both family and late night adult shows. 3 movies were rotating between the poolside screen and the theater. Dumbo, Return of Mary Poppins and Creed II. LOTS of trivia and karaoke going on in the lounges. We were blessed to have perfect weather, hardly a cloud in the sky with temps in the upper 70's. Our total wait time to disembark was about 15 minutes ( it was well organized). All in all it exceeded our expectations. And we are known as being hard to please.

52 minutes ago, Fuzzywuzzy said:

Returned yesterday from the New England/Canada cruise on Adventure. Total wait time at Cape Liberty terminal was about a half hour between entering and boarding. Went right to the Windjammer for lunch. Everything was good, much like it is on Anthem just a little smaller. Had 2 hours till cabin access so we went to the Lyric Theater to kill time. Saw Dumbo. Cabin was found to be clean, plenty of room for 2 (Spacious Ocean View Balcony). Asked for some ice, cabin attendant (Ajay) kept us in ice the whole cruise. Food in MDR was excellent. No complaints. Ate there 5 days, actually went to Windjammer on the last night as I knew they were having "Seafood Extravaganza" and American fare. Overdosed on seafood. All the ports were great, tendering at Bar Harbor was quick and painless. Saint John and Halifax are fabulous places to visit too. All our excursions were as advertised and worth the cost. Except one. I will cover that in that section of the blog.Onboard entertainment was well done. Shows by the ships singers and dancers were great. Nice ice skating show.  A Journey cover band named DSB  was the best I've ever seen. They were spot on. So many people at the 7 o'clock show came back to the 9 o'clock show that it was SRO! There were 2 hilarious comedians with both family and late night adult shows. 3 movies were rotating between the poolside screen and the theater. Dumbo, Return of Mary Poppins and Creed II. LOTS of trivia and karaoke going on in the lounges. We were blessed to have perfect weather, hardly a cloud in the sky with temps in the upper 70's. Our total wait time to disembark was about 15 minutes ( it was well organized). All in all it exceeded our expectations. And we are known as being hard to please.

Did that trip on the Voyager as my first cruise, and I loved Saint John and Halifax, too.  Thanks for the great report!  Spot any whales?

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Really interested to hear about your excursions (Did you book them through Royal?) as I am started to research for Canada/NE for next year.

#1: The comedians will mock you for flying to the US, taking a cruise to Canada and then flying back to Canada from the US? Anyway, yes we always book excursions through the cruise line. So easy to do on the Cruise Planner. We no longer have our youthful stamina and the wife can't walk very long so we have to take the mild ones. In Bar Harbor we took the Scenic Bar Harbor/Cadillac Mountain tour (Its on a small bus}. Driver gives you a rundown on the historic sites and points of interest as you go through town. If you have vertigo forgo this trip, it winds around the mountain to the top and the drop offs are steep as hell. Worth the trip when you get there. Fantastic view of the harbor and the Adventure. Walked a little bit in town, had Lobster Ice Cream at Ben and Bills Emporium. Bought too many souvenirs for the grandkids. In Saint John took a similar excursion, St. John Scenic Trolley Tour. Took us all over town and let us off at the Saint John River Reversing Falls where the river flows backwards when the tide comes in from the Bay of Fundy. Got dropped off at the City Market. Bought too many souvenirs for the grandkids. In Fairfax we took the Essential Halifax On and Off Double Decker Bus thingy. I trashed it a little in the Excursions section. However the stops we got off on included the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, which had a bunch of Titanic and Halifax Explosion exhibits and artifacts, and the Citadel of Halifax, a very old British Military Post. Don't go here if you hate bagpipes because you'll hear them quite a bit as they march around, in period military uniforms, playing the pipes and banging drums for your entertainment. I loved it. Great exhibits in the buildings. The have a shop where we spent......Well, you know.  I took this photo of the Adventure from atop Cadillac Mountain.

20190805_115607.jpg

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Was this sailing a 9 night? 

It's a 9 night on Adventure that I am considering for next July.  Not sure if I'll be bored on Adventure for 9 nights (I'm #teamOAclass lol) but since it's more port intensive and we'll be out all day at each port, I am hoping it might not matter.

I sailed Symphony in May and you went in July. I am on Adventure in May and you in July. What a copy cat you are!?

Sabrina, I'd be lying if I said I didn't like Oasis class better. But this will be the third time sailing Adventure and still looking forward to it. We also like this ship better than Anthem (other than not having the 270). Each time on, the staff was fabulous....in 2018 they were so good, I wrote a letter to corporate in addition to the survey. 

If you are sailing with others (group cruise, extended family?) you will find enough to keep busy. If it's just you and hubby, you can celebrate anniversary #18. Plus you are such a positive minded sailor that I am sure you will enjoy yourself even though it's not Oasis class.

@Fuzzywuzzy, was the staff on Adventure as good as I have come to expect? And welcome home!

10 minutes ago, Skid said:

I sailed Symphony in May and you went in July. I am among Adventure in May and you in July. What a copy cat you are!?

Lol!  I didn't even think of that!  Are you doing the 9N too in 2020?

10 minutes ago, Skid said:

If it's just you and hubby, you can celebrate anniversary #18.

No kids.  They want nothing to do with a Canada/NE sailing ?

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Was this sailing a 9 night? 

It's a 9 night on Adventure that I am considering for next July.  Not sure if I'll be bored on Adventure for 9 nights (I'm #teamOAclass lol) but since it's more port intensive and we'll be out all day at each port, I am hoping it might not matter.

6 night. Sail, sea, Bar Harbor, Saint John, Halifax, sea, in that order. And yes @Skid staff was excellent.