Unable to use Cruise Planner

Elway730

I've had no problems either, touch wood, been in at least once or twice a day (my name's Fiona and I'm an obsessive planner ?).

Seriously, though, try clearing cookies, using a different device or using a different browser. I find an incognito window often does the trick.

3 hours ago, Elway730 said:

I haven't been able to get on cruise planner for 3 or 4 days now.  Everytime I try I get this error message.  Anyone know what this means?  Thanks!

Screenshot_20190810-022019_Chrome.jpg

I am getting it on mine scheduled for next year, contacted customer service, and was told that the specific cruise I am on was chartered. Was told I wouldn't have access to cruise planner until further notice

Is this for a 4 night Mariner cruise?  They are modifying some of them to have 2 stops at CoCo Cay and that is what I get if I try to go into 'plan your cruise' for it.  It's just for this specific cruise (i.e. I can go into to book items for my other cruises).

Some people (as we did) got emails informing them that changes are coming starting Aug 7th.  Not clear why it's taking so long...

2 hours ago, Elway730 said:

I have cleared my cookies and have used 4 separate devices.  I'll try customer service when they open. I just noticed my 4 night cruse that originally had coco cay and Nassau now has coco cay Nassau and coco cay again. No sea day.

Well, when it is straightened out, it will certainly give you a chance to do something different on Coco Cay, or to have a "virtual" sea day on the ship!

I just noticed there is a boat ride for snorkeling at a nearby natural reef that is very inexpensive; if I had a 2nd day at Coco Cay, I'd try that.  Whatever you choose, have a great cruise!  Also, thanks for bringing up the error message, because it could have been system-wide; always nice to get a "heads up".

2 hours ago, Elway730 said:

I talked to my travel agent yesterday and it looks like there are some mystery changes coming and until they are done no one including customer service can tell what the itinerary is. 

Oh my, keeping my fingers crossed for you that it turns out to be something you'll be pleased with.

Well my cruise planner is back up...and not for the good.  Looks like my cruise changed to 2 stops at perfect day.  Also, the drink package which I was waiting for a sale to purchase, went up $13!  Before I start freaking out too much, did this happen for everyone, or just this cruise?

5 hours ago, Elway730 said:

Well my cruise planner is back up...and not for the good.  Looks like my cruise changed to 2 stops at perfect day.  Also, the drink package which I was waiting for a sale to purchase, went up $13!  Before I start freaking out too much, did this happen for everyone, or just this cruise?

On same cruise?  I still can't get into the cruise planner details for the Mariner cruise with the 2 CoCo Cay stops

i.e. I see the heading with it saying 2 stops, but get an error if I try to 'plan my cruise' button.

6 hours ago, Elway730 said:

Yes, the drink package rocketed for many people - there are separate threads on it. 

52 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

On same cruise?  I still can't get into the cruise planner details for the Mariner cruise with the 2 CoCo Cay stops

i.e. I see the heading with it saying 2 stops, but get an error if I try to 'plan my cruise' button.

Yeah I have the Mariner with 2 stops at coco cay. Cruise planner started working again late last night.

28 minutes ago, Elway730 said:

Yeah I have the Mariner with 2 stops at coco cay. Cruise planner started working again late last night.

Cool.  Sounds like they are slowly bringing reservations back online. (price doesn't sound so cool though and inline with latest increase)

PS - I just noticed our Mariner cruise is showing again for booking.

7 hours ago, YOLO said:

@Elway730  Hi and welcome to the RCB forums!

I got the same message last week and sure enough prices went up afterwards!  Boo Hoo  ?

Thank you!  Is there anything I can do about this? I mean if the itinerary was the same and the drink package went up or the itinerary changed and the drink package stayed the same it would be fine.  This is just not the cruise I wanted when I booked.

22 minutes ago, Elway730 said:

Thank you!  Is there anything I can do about this? I mean if the itinerary was the same and the drink package went up or the itinerary changed and the drink package stayed the same it would be fine.  This is just not the cruise I wanted when I booked.

Questions:  Who did you book with? Was it non-refundable?  Have you made final payment?  Is there another cruise you like that matches what this cruise was before it changed?

You may be able to wiggle your way out of this one on the premise that you state above.  Offer to switch to a cruise that has what you wanted instead of an outright cancellation of this one.  It may work or it may not.  Again, I don't know much about how you booked this cruise, so I am reaching a bit here.

Also, keep this in mind.  This is something I learned from all the good people on this forum.  Items that you buy in the cruise planner can be cancelled.  Buy at the price they offer today and keep checking!  There are FB groups for just about every ship sailing.  I learned from my FB group that my drink package went down in price.  If that happens to you, buy the cheaper package and cancel the more expensive package.  It takes a few days for all the money to settle, but it could be worth it.

2 hours ago, YOLO said:

Questions:  Who did you book with? Was it non-refundable?  Have you made final payment?  Is there another cruise you like that matches what this cruise was before it changed?

You may be able to wiggle your way out of this one on the premise that you state above.  Offer to switch to a cruise that has what you wanted instead of an outright cancellation of this one.  It may work or it may not.  Again, I don't know much about how you booked this cruise, so I am reaching a bit here.

Also, keep this in mind.  This is something I learned from all the good people on this forum.  Items that you buy in the cruise planner can be cancelled.  Buy at the price they offer today and keep checking!  There are FB groups for just about every ship sailing.  I learned from my FB group that my drink package went down in price.  If that happens to you, buy the cheaper package and cancel the more expensive package.  It takes a few days for all the money to settle, but it could be worth it.

I booked myself through the website then a few days later transferred the booking to a travel agent.  I believe it is non refundable. I have not made final payment yet. And there is one similar but out of a different port. 

26 minutes ago, Elway730 said:

I booked myself through the website then a few days later transferred the booking to a travel agent.  I believe it is non refundable. I have not made final payment yet. And there is one similar but out of a different port. 

Good to know that you now have a TA (maybe an assigned one).  Do you feel like you can talk to your TA about this?  How firm does your TA seem to be on the non-refund-ability?

3 hours ago, YOLO said:

Good to know that you now have a TA (maybe an assigned one).  Do you feel like you can talk to your TA about this?  How firm does your TA seem to be on the non-refund-ability?

She pretty much said that Royal Caribbean doesnt have to do anything but if I'd like she can ask and maybe they'll be cool about everything and let me switch dates.  Only problem is the embarkation date is my wife and mine anniversary and I'd like to keep it that way.