Navigating Our Way To Allure - 8/12-8/25

IslandBoundMama

38 minutes ago, Sweety said:

I will be with you traveling. We are doing B3B on Mariner. Have a great time. We are in the panorama suite for two of the cruises. We didn't get a letter either.

The panorama suite views look awesome. We are definitely getting spoiled with views this week!  Enjoy your B3B...that sounds amazing!!!

9 hours ago, DanielB said:

following along, enjoy your journey and thanks for taking us along with you!

My pleasure!!!! I love for blogs when I’m not sailing. It’s what gets me through when I’m not sailing myself. 

1 hour ago, kuruczpa said:

Will be following along the Allure part of this trip, have a great time!!

Thanks!!!!

1 hour ago, Cruzinfun said:

Have a great trip!!!!! Enjoy unwinding and relaxing.

Thanks...that first drink last night really started the unwinding part.

51 minutes ago, mbk999 said:

Southwest out of BWI to Orlando or Fort Lauderdale is usually pretty good.   It's become standard for us even though Dulles is a little closer.   Have a good trip!

Thanks....we are definitely sold now!

6 hours ago, DDaley said:

Oh nooo! This will be my same Fly Home day after Freedom in a week. Best not to think of that yet! hahah

Have such an awesome time! 

Hahahaha...enjoy your trip!!!

Our view waking up this morning...a beautiful sunrise and one NCL ship in port with lots of sad people onboard right now.  

Our little guy is up and ready to GO swim. He will not stay out of the window and I don’t blame him. It’s beautiful here. I’m already wondering if we will regret not staying here upon our return. Instead we chose a place in Ft. Lauderdale. 

45107871-D510-4938-A179-229501734B35.jpeg

7DDC8DA3-F55D-4AF0-AD09-9B4A34C798AD.jpeg

Just now, IslandBoundMama said:

Our view waking up this morning...a beautiful sunrise and one NCL ship in port with lots of sad people onboard right now.  

Our little guy is up and ready to GO swim. He will not stay out of the window and I don’t blame him. It’s beautiful here. I’m already wondering if we will regret not staying here upon our return. Instead we chose a place in Ft. Lauderdale. 

45107871-D510-4938-A179-229501734B35.jpeg

7DDC8DA3-F55D-4AF0-AD09-9B4A34C798AD.jpeg

I'm booked at the Hilton Downtown for January....your pics and post have me changing to Intercontinental.  Hmmmmm  

Wow...beautiful views and I love how you can see the port from your room.  After Symphony cruise, we stayed downtown Miami and walked over to your area.  It really is lovely and nicer than Fort Lauderdale.  So sweet with your son anxious to go swimming yet loving the view from your room.  

1 hour ago, DanielB said:

I'm booked at the Hilton Downtown for January....your pics and post have me changing to Intercontinental.  Hmmmmm  

Yes, you should change it to the Intercontinental.  Bay view. ?

@IslandBoundMama and @Sweety...Now I am really concerned about that Panoramic suite.  It's category VP that you both booked right?  Do we get suite benefits or not?  Please keep me posted.

And @IslandBoundMama your son at the window reminds me of me lol.  Hubby has quite a few pics of me staring out the window too.

On 8/10/2019 at 9:27 AM, WannaCruise said:

What an amazing cruise line up, and long waited.  Glad you've gotten past your medical issues.  Sounds like trip will be great for you.

We are on Navigator in 2 weeks so really look forward to your review.  And how great you are following it with Allure. 

Enjoy your 2 cruises!

Are you by chance on the 8/23 one? My daughter and I will be on that sailing. 

4 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@IslandBoundMama and @Sweety...Now I am really concerned about that Panoramic suite.  It's category VP that you both booked right?  Do we get suite benefits or not?  Please keep me posted.

And @IslandBoundMama your son at the window reminds me of me lol.  Hubby has quite a few pics of me staring out the window too.

We definitely get suite perks for sure! The suite lounge, priority boarding, vip pool seating, etc.  My luggage tag says VIP too. No worries there! I read the link she sent and it said since there is no CK you can have lunch in select specialty restaurants. 

8 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I will definitely let you know.

Good morning! It’s FINALLY cruise day!!!! We woke up to a beautiful sunrise and five ships in port! One NCL, one MSC, two Carnival and of course...our beauty!!! ?

We plan on catching our UberXL (too much luggage even though we tried to minimize) around 9:45ish.

I can’t wait to share pictures from onboard.  My husband’s medical issue that I vaguely mentioned at the start of this blog was an aggressive form of cancer. He had surgery for removal and is cancer free, but as you can imagine...it’s been a very stressful time for that and just other life reasons.  WE NEED THIS!!!!

1084FF28-401E-4293-A43D-3EB651897026.jpeg

5C495F31-9A19-4E5E-99F4-651B71CE2E7F.jpeg

DDE1FC8A-4D85-446D-BA0A-AD9D2E304D5B.jpeg

When we sailed out of Terminal A in June we had the same problem (not being directed to the Suites elevator). Luckily we saw it ourselves or we would have missed the “short cut” up to the Suites waiting area.  Isn’t it gorgeous ?!

I think Miami is bad, in general, about directing suites guests to the proper waiting area.  The same thing happened to us the last time we sailed out of a Terminal G but luckily we knew better and went to the Suites waiting area on our own.

53 minutes ago, IslandBoundMama said:

they didn’t direct us to the Suite elevator.

18 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

When we sailed out of Terminal A in June we had the same problem (not being directed to the Suites elevator). Luckily we saw it ourselves or we would have missed the “short cut” up to the Suites waiting area.  Isn’t it gorgeous ?!

Shame on them!  They didn't direct us to the suites elevator either two weeks ago for Symphony but I just ignored them and followed signage and walked up to the elevator myself.  The lady who tried to send us up the main escalator followed us and tried to send us back.  I just told her we were suites and there was another lady at the elevator area who took one look at our sea pass card and said we were good to go.  But that should not have had to happen.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I think Miami is bad, in general, about directing suites guests to the proper waiting area.  The same thing happened to us the last time we sailed out of a Terminal G but luckily we knew better and went to the Suites waiting area on our own.

Yes, nobody seemed to care to look at our passes. They tried to direct us to the general waiting area and I had to ask where the suite waiting area was.

57 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@IslandBoundMama...have a wonderful and well deserved trip.  Enjoy your family time!

That luggage tag makes me sad, we would have been neighbours this sailing.  We had 1804 booked for this sailing but we cancelled it because we chose the Anthem GC.

Oh no!!!! That would’ve been so much fun.  We could’ve had Lavendar Tonics together. ?

We are onboard, had some food, registered little man for Ocean Adventure kids club and we are waiting for our room to be ready.  Oh...we met Super Mario as well...sitting in his private cabana.

I have a grouchy 9yo because he didn’t listen to his mama when I said wear your bathing suit onboard. Now he’s grouchy because he wants to swim and has to wait. ?‍♀️

FF310FF4-396F-43BF-ADE7-5BD016A976BA.jpeg

ADC016FD-90B9-43BA-9D86-372DF813A784.jpeg

1E56D8A1-A4D5-4FA4-B9C2-EC961BA19261.jpeg

075155E1-7ACA-4FA9-9AC3-E39A0CB20F18.jpeg

646B14AC-13A4-48F5-A38F-D59F049081AF.jpeg

Little guy got some swimming in and we have an hour until Muster. Sail away is 4:30 and that’s when the suite lounge opens too.  We have traditional dining at 5:30. It’s been raining off and on. No worries...we’re n vacation. ?

We got our letter listing some of our suite benefits and it said others could be found online. I wish they were all listed in one place.

2342F446-B62B-41B0-9B39-A6C0B137454F.jpeg

8EE01191-4658-4E1A-A844-FC3EFA75F7C0.jpeg

F6E9D208-DC76-4547-A33E-051C7BBF06F6.jpeg

11 minutes ago, IslandBoundMama said:

Little guy got some swimming in and we have an hour until Muster. Sail away is 4:30 and that’s when the suite lounge opens too.  We have traditional dining at 5:30. It’s been raining off and on. No worries...we’re n vacation. ?

So exiting!  Glad to hear your little guy got a swim in before muster.

I wonder if they change the dining times from sailing to sailing?  We are 2 weeks after you, but our traditional dining time is listed as 6pm (mock booking and our invoice).

On 8/12/2019 at 3:38 PM, WannaCruise said:

So exiting!  Glad to hear your little guy got a swim in before muster.

I wonder if they change the dining times from sailing to sailing?  We are 2 weeks after you, but our traditional dining time is listed as 6pm (mock booking and our invoice).

That must have been my confusion, we were 6pm dining also. 

On 8/12/2019 at 4:15 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Phew! Looks like full suites benefits. I was worried when you said you did not get the welcome email, which you should have...

Interesting that you can see the JS on Deck 11 from your window...

It was interesting and so was the occasional noise from the miniature golf course above us. It wasn’t too bad, but a little annoying when trying to sleep.

We’re back from week one.  As I write this I’m sitting in a laundry mat in Little Havana.  There was a method to my madness when choosing this place.  Anyone with a husband or so who is picky about their barber will understand my pain.  Hubs and lil guy wanted to get a touch up between trips and we had to do a thorough investigation on a good place to go to. 

I wanted to do laundry while they were there.  We found the perfect barber and a clean laundry mat one block away and walah...here am I catching up on the blog in Little Havana. 

Now to catch you up....