Navigating Our Way To Allure - 8/12-8/25

IslandBoundMama

Hello!!!! Welcome to my semi-live blog! 

Background:  My hubby and I have saved up our vacation time at work since early 2018(despite unexpected and serious medical issues) to be able to take a consecutive two week + 1 day trip.  Yes...that extra day counts too!!! ?

This trip will be myself, DH and our 9yo son. This is our son’s first trip w/o any of his other siblings. He is a huge fan of cruising just like good ‘ol mom and dad.

The important stuff:  First week we are on Navigator, second week we are on Allure! We fly out of Baltimore to Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow morning, then head to Miami. I feel like we’ve waited forever for this trip. Since March of 2018 to be exact. Our itinerary will be:

8/10  Miami (Intercontinental)

8/11 Miam

8/12 Board Navigator 

8/13 Coco Cay

8/14 Nassau

8/15 Sea Day

8/16 Ft. Lauderdale (Renaissance)

8/17 Ft. Lauderdale

8/18  Board Allure

8/19  Sea Day

8/20  Sea Day

8/21  St. Maarten

8/22  Puerto Rico

8/23  Labadee

8/24  Sea Day

8/25  Hollywood (Margaritaville)

8/26  Fly home ?

We have two excursions booked. We are doing a dolphin encounter at Blue Lagoon in the Bahamas and we are doing the Rain Forest Drive in Puerto Rico.  Both excursions are through the ship this go round. 

This will be semi-live because to be honest...I can’t wait to not have phone service for a while.  It’s been a rough year and we desperately need to disconnect. I’ll be live until I lose my phone service and will update on our land days and in Puerto Rico, etc.

I almost forgot...on Navigator we will be in a Panoramic Suite (first time suite guests here). ?

On Allure we have an Ocean View Balcony on deck 8. This will be our lil guys first balcony experience.

Soooooo....I don’t want you guys to be shocked by this, but I spent this evening doing 3 loads of laundry, cleaning the guinea pig cage,  running errands and finishing packing.  DH spent the evening playing a game on his phone, watching a show on demand and packed the garment bag (because I asked him to). We’ll let him slide though...he’s been through a lot this year. 

The luggage is mostly packed except our few things we can’t throw in until tomorrow morning.

151B4C62-EBC2-40F7-933C-5133D4743029.jpeg

It’s officially vacation time! Do you ever look so forward to a vacation that you get anxiety ahead time, fearing something will prevent it?  

The luggage has multiplied, I’m having my sloffee (coffee) and we are waiting on my handsome firstborn to come to take us to the airport.

I was up at 4-something this morning because I had a dream that we got to the airport and left the luggage at home.  ?

See you at the airport.....

C1BBCE0F-9F0E-41B8-B224-6E48BCEAD32D.jpeg

929A0093-F7E4-4726-8C8B-B6A44A01DCDE.jpeg

2 hours ago, Jaymac Radio said:

Have A Great Trip @IslandBoundMama

1 hour ago, JohnK6404 said:

Have an amazing time @IslandBoundMama ! :27_sunglasses:

Will be following! Would love to sail Navigator and just sailed on Allure back in May.

33 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

What an amazing cruise line up, and long waited.  Glad you've gotten past your medical issues.  Sounds like trip will be great for you.

We are on Navigator in 2 weeks so really look forward to your review.  And how great you are following it with Allure. 

Enjoy your 2 cruises!

Thank you everyone!!!! It’s been smooth sailing so far!

Our chariot arrived and I snapped one pic of my handsome driver as we went through the Baltimore tunnel.

Got to the airport and luggage drop off was a breeze and dare I say the security check.

We encountered one grouchy TSA guy. I handed him our three boarding passes and he responded, “Everyone is old enough to hold their own aren’t they?” To which I replied,”Yes and there was a nicer way to have said that.” Bleh!

A62BBA6B-0732-43FE-95C4-8591181C71B4.jpeg

13 hours ago, IslandBoundMama said:

I almost forgot...on Navigator we will be in a Panoramic Suite (first time suite guests here).

Would love to see some pics (only if you have time) and how the full suite benefits go for you this sailing.  We have one of these rooms booked next year and although it says you get full suite benefits now, I am really interested to hear first hand how that works out.  I am assuming you got a welcome email from their suite concierge?  Did it seem to include full benefits?

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Would love to see some pics (only if you have time) and how the full suite benefits go for you this sailing.  We have one of these rooms booked next year and although it says you get full suite benefits now, I am really interested to hear first hand how that works out.  I am assuming you got a welcome email from their suite concierge?  Did it seem to include full benefits?

That makes two of us! I can’t wait to find out!  No email yet...I keep checking.

5 minutes ago, IslandBoundMama said:

I thought so too...I even checked my spam box to make sure it wasn’t filtered out in error.

We’re on our way to your favorite hotel now.  I wish would’ve got Club Level, but not this go round. 

Intercontinental?! Even non-club it’s a great property. If you have time, take your son to Bayfront Park next door and Bayside Marketplace. Great area for kids. 

16 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Intercontinental?! Even non-club it’s a great property. If you have time, take your son to Bayfront Park next door and Bayside Marketplace. Great area for kids. 

Awesome!!! I think he’s over all of the transportation part of today and ready for food and exploring. ?

We were starving right after check-in so we strolled over to Bayside Marketplace.  A dark cloud appeared overhead and we felt a few raindrops...but it never amounted to anything more.

Live music and lots of people dancing and enjoying themselves.  We decided on Hooters and ate out on the deck area.

We had wings, fried pickles and I enjoyed my first drink of this vacation making it really official.  We’re in Miami so I chose. Miami Vice and it hit the spot!

BDB719F4-150B-48B5-B153-8EDAA9C6A55A.jpeg