Miami Car Rental

I've only used National/Enterprise.  They have a shuttle bus that's for Alamo/National/Enterprise from the cruise port to Miami International Airport's rental car center.  All you have to do is show proof of your reservation and you get the free ride to the airport.

I've never experienced the shuttle going from the airport to the port, though.  

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

I've only used National/Enterprise.  They have a shuttle bus that's for Alamo/National/Enterprise from the cruise port to Miami International Airport's rental car center.  All you have to do is show proof of your reservation and you get the free ride to the airport.

I've never experienced the shuttle going from the airport to the port, though.  

In July we rented a car from National for a few hours on a B2B on NAV. On turnaround day they picked us up at the port, took us to the airport where we picked up the car, conducted our business, returned the car to the airport and the shuttle took us back to the ship.  I used loyalty points so it was just a couple of dollars for taxes.  The service was perfect and it was very convenient.

2 hours ago, Linda216 said:

Is it preferable to find a rental car company that has a lot in Miami,  not at the airport?  Would those be quicker shuttle rides?  (I don’t need to go to the airport). 

Yes if you don't need the Miami airport.