Designing the Portside BBQ menu on Oasis of the Seas

Matt

From Cruise Passenger

Linken D’Souza, Vice President of Food and Beverage at Royal Caribbean International, also told Cruise Passenger he recently hired a minivan and tested 14 to 15 BBQ restaurants in Austin, Texas, before creating the BBQ offering on board the Oasis of the Seas.

He tested the sauce and the meat by building a BBQ in the parking lot of the company’s HQ to test the sauces and meat on the staff.

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 2:42 PM, Matt said:

Mr D’Souza has a truly international palate. He was born in Dubai to Indian parents of Portuguese decent, spent most of his life in the Middle East, and then attended university in Switzerland

I'm thinking NOT the best International palate to judge Texas BBQ.

28 minutes ago, KathyC said:

Royal's HQ is in Miami, right?  Floridians are good judges of BBQ?  LOL Oh boy...I have a feeling I'm not going to be missing much.  

I am a Floridan and I love good BBQ lol.. It depends on who you are.. I have had Texas BBQ, Tennessee BBQ, and NC BBQ.. So It just depends lol.. But I doubt this guy has any idea but I don't think its because he is from Florida I just think the food at Royal is not very good and none of the people there know what good food is 

18 hours ago, AGSLC5 said:

I am a Floridan and I love good BBQ lol.. It depends on who you are.. I have had Texas BBQ, Tennessee BBQ, and NC BBQ.. So It just depends lol.. But I doubt this guy has any idea but I don't think its because he is from Florida I just think the food at Royal is not very good and none of the people there know what good food is 

He's not actually from Florida!  His taste testers were.  He's, "Mr D’Souza has a truly international palate. He was born in Dubai to Indian parents of Portuguese decent, spent most of his life in the Middle East, and then attended university in Switzerland".  LOL

1 hour ago, KathyC said:

He's not actually from Florida!  His taste testers were.  He's, "Mr D’Souza has a truly international palate. He was born in Dubai to Indian parents of Portuguese decent, spent most of his life in the Middle East, and then attended university in Switzerland".  LOL

Lol that's funny.. Still I don't think he knows good BBQ wherever he is from.. I don't think he knows good food at all.. I love Royal but the one thing I hate about them is their food I just find it so bad. 

19 hours ago, AGSLC5 said:

I live in NJ (from Nebraska) and I enjoy BBQ as well.  Am I a good person to judge BBQ as to what is authentic and tastes good?  Absolutely not.  I like what I like and that's probably not what you like.  I think he needed to taste test BBQ in a BBQ state.  That's what I meant. And I totally agree he can't possibly get BBQ.