Library question

20 minutes ago, TheRoyalOs said:

I've gone from partying 24/7 on my first cruise to now asking about the library for my upcoming one. I'm finally growing up in my middle age.

How does the library work? Is it an honor system or do you scan books out with your sea pass? Same for games?

I wondered the same thing actually.  I don't know if I will actually go there, but its good info to know if I forget my Kindle.

1 hour ago, TheRoyalOs said:

How does the library work? Is it an honor system or do you scan books out with your sea pass? Same for games?

Last time I was in a Library there was a log book where you signed the book or game out from where you enter basic info like name and date.  I am pretty sure that returns are on the honor system.

1 hour ago, coneyraven said:

I wonder if the library will accept donations of books..... I have many old paperbacks at home that are taking up space, I would gladly donate them to the cause.

I think the trick is to accidentally "forget" your book after you finish it reading in the library?.    Then by default it becomes a donation.....

1 hour ago, coneyraven said:

I wonder if the library will accept donations of books..... I have many old paperbacks at home that are taking up space, I would gladly donate them to the cause.

Varies by ship.  On Empress they had two drop boxes. One for ship books being returned and one for donations.  All books in the library had a large sticker "Property of Royal Caribbean" so it seems they accept donations and brand them so they become permanent ship library books.

I haven't seen this approach on other ships but I haven't put a lot of research into the libraries across the fleet..