First RC & booked Royal Loft Suite!!!!! (Aug, 2020 on Symphony)

Rui

Hi there!

I'm soooo excited that we have just booked Royal Loft Suite on Symphony. I did't expect that's still available 

This is our first time on RC even we enjoyed Disney Cruise before, we hope RC provides us unique and unforgettable experience as well!

For those who sailed on RC (or maybe SC), yeah, it's you, please advise me what to do and we can be friends!

59 minutes ago, Rui said:

Hi there!

I'm soooo excited that we have just booked Royal Loft Suite on Symphony. I did't expect that's still available 

This is our first time on RC even we enjoyed Disney Cruise before, we hope RC provides us unique and unforgettable experience as well!

For those who sailed on RC (or maybe SC), yeah, it's you, please advise me what to do and we can be friends!

If you're on the Facebook you can join the Star Class group and make lots of SC friends there:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/368527716898873/

10 hours ago, tiny260 said:

You might start out by reading this semi live blog

Then you can start asking questions, several of us on this blog have cruised Star Class.

Thanks! I've read this few times and decided to book a SC stateroom lol

9 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

If you're on the Facebook you can join the Star Class group and make lots of SC friends there:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/368527716898873/

I didn't know this, thanks for share.

4 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Welcome to the Blog, Rui.  Congratulations on the Royal Loft Suite.  I know you're going to LOVE Star Class.

Thanks!!! I read tons of your post here and already helped me so much!

4 hours ago, Fairlynew said:

I sailed Disney once and never cared to cruise again.  Fast forward over a dozen years and we cruised RC last fall and I have already booked 2 more cruises with RC. And we were just in a guarantee balcony cabin.  Hope you have an equally great experience 

What happened to you at DCL lol

@Rui you referenced what about DCL a pp did not like and I was wondering about your experience with them.  Have you done a number of cruises with the and any concierge?  

The reason I ask is there are many similarities and there are also quite a few differences.  We have done a number of cruises with DCL, including concierge, but are transitioning more to Royal recently.  Head to head comparison they are too close to really draw a big difference.  That is until you factor in cost (at any stateroom category) and the perks of Star Class.  Both lines have very similar experiences overall, guest rooms (for the most part), dining quality (Royal wins on specialty options), entertainment (DCL wins on shows but RC wins for activities on the big ships), etc. so much will be based on your own preferences.  In the top room/class categories there are some small items that DCL edges a win with their concierge but the Star Class really blows away concierge with what they do and what they provide.  Specialty dining, unlimited drinks, laundry (yes that one is a big difference in my mind), priority seating at shows are all way above what Disney is willing to do for its concierge rooms.  

You didn’t have any specifics mentioned in your op so if you have specific questions comparing the two lines, we are more than happy to try and answer.  There are some great folks on here that know a lot more about Star Class and Royal but I am happy to deal with the more direct comparison between the two lines.  

The parting advice I can give is - DCL either draws in the, or exists because of the neurotics and everyone goes crazy trying to book everything as far in advance as possible.  Star class is truly different, you can still plan ahead and book in advance but with the genie you can be a little less obsessive.  Relax some and enjoy!  Happy cruising!

1 hour ago, ScooterScott22 said:

entertainment (DCL wins on shows but RC wins for activities on the big ships)

I used to say this too until my kids turned about 9-10 and then got bored with the "Disney" type shows.  Now, a few years later, I would have to say, DCL has the edge on shows if you have young ones but Royal has the edge with kids 10+.  Unless you are a Disney fanatic...but that is a whole other discussion for another place and one I don't care to get into ?

1 hour ago, ScooterScott22 said:

DCL either draws in the, or exists because of the neurotics and everyone goes crazy trying to book everything as far in advance as possible.

This is one of my major dislikes with DCL!!!  It drove me nuts!

3 hours ago, ScooterScott22 said:

@Rui you referenced what about DCL a pp did not like and I was wondering about your experience with them.  Have you done a number of cruises with the and any concierge?  

Well I've been on DCL for few times, stayed at concierge room all the times, and they were totally awesome.

Actually, I didn't know about RC except for their name "Royal Caribbean" (until these days) therefore due to Disney's popularity here in Japan (where I live), and unawareness of RC in Japan, I didn't come up to my mind to book a RC cruise.
After few nice and awesome cruises at DCL, we started looking for "another options" because we were kind of bored to go with DCL all the times and didn't like Disney's limited itineraries (b/c Disney has few ships) and now just "trying out" Royal Caribbean cruises.

After googling some reviews and thoroughly read the "I Dream of Genie" post, the perks SC has to offer made me book SC on Symphony right away!

So the bottom line, SC perks esp like Genie, Priority embarkation and a numbers of restaurant , and the size of ship of Symphony attracted us and made me book RC!

Well, that does not mean I am not worried about RC at all. DCL is more expensive & family-entertainment-oriented than RC (I believe) and this expensive price certainly guarantees higher "guests' quality" but this is just my pre-cruise opinion so please just forgive me to say this.

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I used to say this too until my kids turned about 9-10 and then got bored with the "Disney" type shows.  Now, a few years later, I would have to say, DCL has the edge on shows if you have young ones but Royal has the edge with kids 10+.  Unless you are a Disney fanatic...but that is a whole other discussion for another place and one I don't care to get into ?

I am totally agree on this, even I am a Disney fanatic..... I have an annual pass for Disney and I work for Disney...... 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am also a Disney fan and truly enjoy Disney World.  Nothing particularly bad happened on our Disney Cruise.  In fact, the kids had a great time.  My husband and I were bored, though.  We decided that for a lot less money, we could spend a week at the beach and have more to do-husband could golf, kids could play in the waves, etc.  (Note: we are a family of beach bums.)  We also found the drink prices, in particular, to be outrageous.  

Sailing Star is awesome stuff.

We sailed Star on Anthem twice this year...the first time was in the owner's loft....the second time I got us into the Royal loft....except I told the kids we were going to be in a Grand Loft...so they expect the Genie....but not the room ? And what was really really nice.  We had a last second change in Genie.  Our Genie became unavailable so the two remaining Genies has to split up her rooms between them and handle more than usually.  Yen Lee did it without missing a beat and the 'don't tell the kids what room we are in' surprise was communicated to her so we ended up with an awesome start.

Overall the experiences are nice.  Dinner reservations made, show seats reserved, things that are advertised and you expect....but its the little things that start to add up making it that 'little' something extra....time spent trying to find me a fishing tour in St Marteen (that ultimately never came to fruition, but the effort was made), popcorn/waters waiting at your seats when you get to the show.....little things ? like.....room service we didn't order dropped off 15 minutes after we got back on the boat from a caving excursion in PR (with all the food the kids had been ordering of Johnny Rockets) and I didn't even take a photo ?

Or our youngest is a big queen fan who did this every chance she got

She made us get front row seats for the "we will rock you show' which the Genie did for us (that's my son intentionally wearing a Zep t-shirt for humor) and Nina with her "killer bee" hat on that she wrote Queen all over.

IMG_1588.thumb.JPG.eec3bc2f510d5bfa14b58e603c589fa5.JPG

So then on the last night nite.....this stuff appeared in the room

IMG_1604.thumb.JPG.36e8bc409f8bd7cdad22db1bf9bed7c9.JPG

Two baseball hats signed by the cast of the show....plus a show cast photo with all their signatures on it as well.  All of which was confiscated by Nina and now proudly displayed in her room

DSC03154.thumb.JPG.68fea79f0eec769d9a651756ed5bc427.JPG

It's these touches that come with Star Class that are extremely hard to put a price tag on.  I don't really know how to explain it in words when people ask whether it's worth the $X per person to upgrade to Star Class. 

You can price out the dining plan, Chef's Table, drink packages, internet, laundry but you can't put a price on this kind of memory making.